U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 09:08 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

45,369 posts, read 27,149,425 times

Advertisements

Let's get rolling with . . .

Today's Question(s):
Some say it's tougher to make real friends the older we get. Do you agree?

What makes someone a friend?

What do you do for a pick-me-up?

Have you ever accidentally left a purchase or part of one at a store, and if so, can you remember an example? Were you able to go back and get it?

Pan _____________________

If you could only have one - would you rather have a maid, a chef or a chauffer?

Foodie Question(s):
What would you like a personal chef to prepare for your household?

Just To:
This one may be tough. I put it last so it's easier to skip. Can you come up with an imaginary
sports team name for an occupation? Like for accountants, The Number Crunchers or for
bartenders, The Splash. Try one or as many as you like. Go on. You're among friends:

Happy Thursday!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 10:03 PM

31,304 posts, read 30,763,405 times
Today's Question(s):
The older we get the more opinionated we might become, thus “yes” we might not find real friends like we did when younger.

Usually someone who you can trust and believe in; like interests are helpful but not necessary.

Cold drink, relaxing, and a nap works well. Now if your question is one for the ladies of the night walking on the streets of a large city, that’s a different answer.

Have you ever accidentally left a purchase or part of one at a store, and if so, can you remember an example? Were you able to go back and get it?
Wow, I don’t remember ever doing that. If I spent money on something I’ll keep always take it with me out of the store. I did have a notebook that I left at a coffee shop and later that day drove back to get it; that was not a purchase but something that I had brought in with me.

Pan __Fried___________________

If you could only have one - would you rather have a maid, a chef or a chauffer?

Foodie Question(s):
Oh goodness! That’s hard, maybe beef wellington with mixed vegetables and small red potatoes and a dessert of crème brulee.

Just To:
This one may be tough. I put it last so it's easier to skip. Can you come up with an imaginary
sports team name for an occupation? Like for accountants, The Number Crunchers or for
bartenders, The Splash. Try one or as many as you like. Go on. You're among friends:

Happy Thursday!

Last edited by AksarbeN; 06-17-2020 at 10:47 PM..

Old 06-17-2020, 10:28 PM

19,400 posts, read 7,103,390 times
Today's Question(s):
Yes, I'd say so. When you're in school, you are surrounded by contemporaries and that makes friendships easier. It's not impossible to make new friends when you're older, but it takes more effort.
Someone who cares about you and will be there for you if you need a favor or a shoulder to cry on. Someone you care enough about to do the same for them.
A cup of coffee or tea.
Yes, there were times when I've bought groceries, but one item didn't make it into my bag. Usually I just let it go unless it's something expensive. I've also had the opposite happen, where an item I didn't buy somehow ends up in my bag. I called the store and offered to return the item, but they said "Never mind. Just keep it."

Pan flute

If you could only have one - would you rather have a maid, a chef or a chauffeur?
A maid would be nice. I don't mind cooking and driving.
Foodie Question(s):
Individual entrees that I can freeze for times when I am ill and/or don't feel like cooking.
Just To:
Auto Mechanics: The Pistons
Accountants: The Bills
Geologists: The Rockies
Bell Ringers: The Yankees
Proctologists: the Astros

Thanks, bjh!

Old 06-17-2020, 10:39 PM

49,608 posts, read 70,822,674 times

Today's Question(s):

Yeah. As we get older we might be more choosy who we want to be our friend. Young people are content with 5,000 friends on FB... lol

Someone who genuinely cares about you and is for you there when you need it.

I don't do pick-me-up

Not that I can remember. I watch my stuff and the cash register like a hawk. Make sure the prices are right, the discounts are deducted. If possible, I bag my own stuff.

Pan Am

Definitely a maid, and I have one.
I like to drive and love to cook.

Foodie Question(s):

Hmmm, good question. I can cook almost anything myself. Probably something very fancy and elaborate, just to get spoiled once in a while.

Just To:
This one may be tough. I put it last so it's easier to skip. Can you come up with an imaginary sports team name for an occupation? Like for accountants, The Number Crunchers or for

Sorry. I am too exhausted to think. Had very busy day ..

Happy Thursday!
Happy Thursday, bjh! Thank you!!
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Last edited by elnina; 06-17-2020 at 11:03 PM..

Old 06-17-2020, 11:07 PM

5,503 posts, read 2,132,856 times
Today's Question(s):
Probably

Kindness

Chocolate.

I have with groceries. That'r why I'd rather bag my own.

Pan _fried_fish___

A chef.

Foodie Question(s):
Freezer meals we could use later.

Just To:
Lawyers, the ambulance chasers.

Old 06-18-2020, 12:02 AM

114,769 posts, read 60,717,517 times

Today's Question(s):
Actually, I see it in the reverse.

They share your interests and are there when you need them.
I don't do anything for a pick me up. I could use a pick me up though with my aching knees and back these days.
Don't recall anything in particular but surely it's happened.

Pan __American___________________

I'd pass on all three.
Foodie Question(s):
A clear path so I can get to the kitchen.

Just To:
Too tough for my late night brain.
Happy Thursday!
Thanks BJ! Same to you!

Old 06-18-2020, 03:33 AM

42,297 posts, read 55,783,229 times
Today's Question(s):
Some say it's tougher to make real friends the older we get. Do you agree? Yes, most oldee's already have their own group of friends.

What makes someone a friend? Someone who is real, honest, personable, compatible.

What do you do for a pick-me-up? Chevrolet Silverado.

Have you ever accidentally left a purchase or part of one at a store, and if so, can you remember an example? Were you able to go back and get it? I imagine I have but can't recall any incident.

Panama Canal

If you could only have one - would you rather have a maid, a chef or a chauffer? We already have maid service so a chef would be nice.

Foodie Question(s):
What would you like a personal chef to prepare for your household? Nice big juicy T-bone with a baked potato, sour cream/butter/chives/cheese, sweet corn on the cob, fruit salad.

Just To:
This one may be tough. I put it last so it's easier to skip. Can you come up with an imaginary sports team name for an occupation? Like for accountants, The Number Crunchers or for bartenders, The Splash. Try one or as many as you like. Go on. You're among friends:
For gardeners the "Seedlings"
For ladies of the evening the "Hookers".
For politicians the "Diabolicals"
For lawyers the "Soulicitors"

Happy Thursday! You too bj...

Old 06-18-2020, 03:46 AM

22,287 posts, read 13,274,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):

yes

someone who will share their chocolate with you

nap

yea-left a bag at Walmart couple of weeks ago. Went back and they'd taken it to the customer service dept.

Pan ___dowdy__________________

maid

Foodie Question(s):

not into gourmet food. I'd settle for a nice beef stew, home made bread, and strawberry rhubarb pie for dessert.

Just To:

Happy Thursday!

too busy yawning. back to bed time.

thanks, bjh.

Old 06-18-2020, 04:07 AM

10,433 posts, read 7,880,005 times
Today's Question(s):
- Yes

What makes someone a friend? - Good listener, one who is happy to see you, giving their time.
For good, civil conversations having most things in common / same values / general interests would be a must for me.

Have you ever accidentally left a purchase or part of one at a store, and if so, can you remember an example? Were you able to go back and get it? - Maybe but no memory of that happening.

Pandemic

If you could only have one - would you rather have a maid, a chef or a chauffer? - Maid but not a live-in type.

Foodie Question(s):
- No. I like to cook. I don't want anyone around my apartment like that.

Just To:

Easy for me -

The Washington Scandals would be appropriate at this time...

Thanks, bjh!

Old 06-18-2020, 06:05 AM

6,911 posts, read 4,103,418 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):
Yes

What do you do for a pick-me-up? Take a day trip, find new scenery, get in touch with Nature

When grocery stores had those twirling things for packing your groceries for awhile--a bag would be left behind. So glad they got rid of them--or did they That is why I love my self check out.

Pancakes

If you could only have one - would you rather have a maid, a chef or a chauffer? I will take a Maid

Foodie Question(s):
What would you like a personal chef to prepare for your household? We would like a nice pan of lasagna, spring salad on the side. Cannolis for later.

Happy Thursday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics