U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 08:49 AM

3,948 posts, read 2,628,657 times

Advertisements

Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you? === I do.

Would you like to make an adjustment to the year you were born if given the opportunity to do so? === Not really.

The last thing that you can remember spilling: === Coffee grounds.

Please help me. Would you please explain to me why television commercials need to be so blasting loud?! === I can't help Roosty. They're very annoying!

One of your favorite sandwiches: === Lettuce, ham, tomatoes on whole wheat bread.

Brown __bread___.

__Pizza___ deluxe.

Bob __Barker___.

___Dime__ store.

Initials time:

G D === Graham Dyson

R H === Roger Harrison

M O === Milo Orancha

A T === Anthony Timmons

Something that brings you happiness: === My cats.

What sort of book would you like to receive FREE this month? === I'd like one of Maxine Hong Kingston's books thanks.

~ I do hope you all are doing well! === You too Roosty! Thanks for the questions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 09:10 AM

32,486 posts, read 3,284,219 times
2:30 in the morning, it is too cold in here and the fan is making the Winchell factor really annoying...especially on my left ear. I have my two brown blankets here, though. Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you?
Yes, I love my blankets and each one has a story so they give me comfort in two ways.

Would you like to make an adjustment to the year you were born if given the opportunity to do so?
No, I can't think of a reason why.

The last thing that you can remember spilling:
I don't recall, but it was probably just water.

Please help me. Would you please explain to me why television commercials need to be so blasting loud?!
To get your attention. Maybe you should cut the cable. Streaming without commercials gives the viewer more control.

One of your favorite sandwiches:
Egg salad on sourdough

Brown Boots

Seafood deluxe

Bob Odenkirk

Automotive store

Initials time:

G D Gallery Design

R H Red House

M O Moving On

A T Architectural Techniques

Something that brings you happiness:
Seeing my grandsons and having cool conversations with them.

What sort of book would you like to receive FREE this month?
Architecture and Design with lots of photographs, thank you.

Thanks for the fill-ins and good day wishes to everyone!

Old 06-19-2020, 09:23 AM

42,738 posts, read 17,683,122 times
2:30 in the morning, it is too cold in here and the fan is making the Winchell factor really annoying...especially on my left ear. I have my two brown blankets here, though. Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you? Yes. I have several afghans, blankets and throws. Two are in my family room where I spend most of my time. The rest are stacked on a chair in my bedroom. It's supposed to get up to 93 here today, so I won't be needing one for a while.

Would you like to make an adjustment to the year you were born if given the opportunity to do so? No. I grew up in an era that was relatively peaceful and the country and my community were thriving.

The last thing that you can remember spilling: Water, when I watered my house plants yesterday. I always spill some.

Please help me. Would you please explain to me why television commercials need to be so blasting loud?! I don't know and it bugs the heck out of me, too, roosty. I thought a new law was supposed to go into effect several years ago where broadcasters were forbidden to make commercials louder than the programs. I never noticed a difference.

One of your favorite sandwiches: Grilled Reuben on marble rye.

Brown rice.

deluxe.

Bob Denver.

Department store.

Initials time:

Garbage Dump

Right Hand

Mars Orbit

Awfully Thirsty

Something that brings you happiness: Wildflowers.

What sort of book would you like to receive FREE this month? A German textbook. I'd like to brush up on the German I learned in high school (4 years) to the point where I can carry on a decent conversation in German and I'd like to read and write it better as well.

~ I do hope you all are doing well! Thanks very much for the fill-in's, roosty! Happy Fryday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-19-2020 at 09:40 AM..

Old 06-19-2020, 09:33 AM

19,368 posts, read 7,072,304 times
I finally figured it out. Winchell factor = wind chill factor. Very clever, Roosty!

Old 06-19-2020, 10:40 AM

21,553 posts, read 22,721,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I finally figured it out. Winchell factor = wind chill factor. Very clever, Roosty!
First thing that came to me because of the spelling was Winchell's Donuts a large franchise, but then the light turned on.

Last edited by motormaker; 06-19-2020 at 11:19 AM..

Old 06-19-2020, 10:47 AM

17,716 posts, read 10,145,463 times
[quote=rainroosty;58420427]2:30 in the morning, it is too cold in here and the fan is making the Winchell factor really annoying...especially on my left ear. I have my two brown blankets here, though. Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you?
Yes but Joe Joe usually takes it over. He loves his covers.
Would you like to make an adjustment to the year you were born if given the opportunity to do so?
Most definitely.
Listerine this morning.
Please help me. Would you please explain to me why television commercials need to be so blasting loud?!
Because they want you to listen because they know we all get up and do something else during the commercial.
Grilled cheese. I ordered one in my recovery room yesterday but my salivary glands weren't working and I couldn't eat it. It was like glue in my mouth.
Brown _berry____.

_Super____ deluxe.

Bob Evans_____.

Big Box_____ store.

Initials time:

G D Good Day

R H Rabid Hog

M O Most Ordinary

A T Apple Tart

Something that brings you happiness:
Shorties. I miss seeing the kids.
A veggie cook book so I could invite Mutt over for dinner.
~ I do hope you all are doing well!

Thank you roosty yes I am and I hope the same for you.

The surgery went remarkably well yesterday. I was home last night. Kind of like a dog going in to be spayed.

Best news ever. NO CANCER!

Old 06-19-2020, 11:18 AM

21,553 posts, read 22,721,153 times
2:30 in the morning, it is too cold in here and the fan is making the Winchell factor really annoying...especially on my left ear. I have my two brown blankets here, though. Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you?
We have a couple of Pendleton blankets to use, buy they are mostly for decoration.

Tough Q Roosty, quick answer, maybe.

Coffee

Loud commercials were created to annoy the crap out of the masses.

My BLTO on sourdough with Miracle Whip.

Brown shoe company.

Chevrolet deluxe.

Bob haircuts.

General store.

Initials time:

G D General Dynamics

R H Relative Humidity

M O Modus Operandi

A T Automatic Transmission

Something that brings you happiness: The Miracle Of Life

Pass

~ I do hope you all are doing well!
Thanx Roosty, well done.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:58 PM

32,486 posts, read 3,284,219 times
"Fryday Fill-ins ~ June 17, 2020 ~ Goodness knows."

So, hours later I noticed the above date; however, today is June 19, 2020.

Was that a test for us, rainroosty?

Old 06-19-2020, 05:27 PM

36,516 posts, read 37,486,520 times
2:30 in the morning, it is too cold in here and the fan is making the Winchell factor really annoying...especially on my left ear. I have my two brown blankets here, though. Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you? I have a throw that I love because it is so soft.

Would you like to make an adjustment to the year you were born if given the opportunity to do so? Yes, please.

The last thing that you can remember spilling: Did you know that if you put a plastic cup (with the lid on) of Taco Bell's Wild Strawberry Freeze in your freezer, the drink expands out of the lid and spills red ice stuff all over the bottom of the freezer? I must have forgotten that from science classes.

One of your favorite sandwiches: reuben

Brown _____.

_____ deluxe.

Bob _____.

_____ store.

Initials time:

G D
George Dzundza

R H Rudolf Hess

M O Maureen O'Hara

A T Arthur Treacher

Something that brings you happiness: accomplishment

What sort of book would you like to receive FREE this month? I could really use a book with good photos of wildflowers that is organized to help you identify them easily like "Wildflowers For Dummies" but in color. I think I can count on one hand, the flowers I can ID.

Old 06-19-2020, 05:43 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,714,442 times
2:30 in the morning, it is too cold in here and the fan is making the Winchell factor really annoying...especially on my left ear. I have my two brown blankets here, though. Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you? Blankets were put away not long ago. I'm hoping to not need them for the next few months.

Would you like to make an adjustment to the year you were born if given the opportunity to do so? No, I'm fine with where I am in life.

The last thing that you can remember spilling: Pineapple chunks with juice..... sticky.

Please help me. Would you please explain to me why television commercials need to be so blasting loud?! I would guess Bay has the answer.

One of your favorite sandwiches: Turkey, dressing, apple....

Brown Noser

Super deluxe.

Bob Marley

What's in store?

Initials time:

G D Good Day!

R H Really Hot....... High humidity today.

M O Move Over

A T Alfred Tennyson

Something that brings you happiness: So many things. Last night I sat on the porch enjoying the cooler air, watching the fireflies, looking at the stars, and listening Ornette Coleman. This morning I went picking strawberries with two of my grands.

What sort of book would you like to receive FREE this month? I was just messaging my family asking about old photos, so a photo book.

~ I do hope you all are doing well! I am, and you, roosty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics