U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 01:11 AM

16,548 posts, read 14,552,114 times

Advertisements

2:30 in the morning, it is too cold in here and the fan is making the Winchell factor really annoying...especially on my left ear. I have my two brown blankets here, though. Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you?

Would you like to make an adjustment to the year you were born if given the opportunity to do so?

The last thing that you can remember spilling:

Please help me. Would you please explain to me why television commercials need to be so blasting loud?!

One of your favorite sandwiches:

Brown _____.

_____ deluxe.

Bob _____.

_____ store.

Initials time:

G D

R H

M O

A T

Something that brings you happiness:

What sort of book would you like to receive FREE this month?

~ I do hope you all are doing well!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 01:46 AM

21,332 posts, read 12,897,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
2:30 in the morning, it is too cold in here and the fan is making the Winchell factor really annoying...especially on my left ear. I have my two brown blankets here, though. Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you?

yes-a brown/white plaid one given to me. It's been washed, dried and put in a box for the summer tho.

Would you like to make an adjustment to the year you were born if given the opportunity to do so?
Not really. I don't really remember it.

milk. what a mess.

Please help me. Would you please explain to me why television commercials need to be so blasting loud?!
so they can be heard in the kitchen while people get tv munchies? just a guess.

lettuce and tomato on toasted whole wheat.

Brown __eggs___.

___?__ deluxe.

Bob _Villa____.

__grocery___ store.

Initials time:

G D good day

R H royal highness

M O Money order

A T alternate truth

watching kittens play

maybe some kind of photo book-pictures of nature stuff: trees, wildlife, waterfalls, fungus, flowers-all the neat things in the woods

thanks, roosty. you too.

Old 06-19-2020, 02:13 AM

6,767 posts, read 3,963,182 times
Good Morning

Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you? Yes

Would you like to make an adjustment to the year you were born if given the opportunity to do so? I am okay with being a '57 girl

The last thing that you can remember spilling: Water on the kitchen counter

Please help me. Would you please explain to me why television commercials need to be so blasting loud?! Good to have the remote close by!

One of your favorite sandwiches: Smoked turkey with a very thin apple slice with muenster cheese, lettuce and tomato, mayonnaise on pumpernickel bread.

Brown bag lunch.

Carwash deluxe.

Bob Marley

Hardware store.

Initials time:

G D Green Day

R H Red Hair

M O Man Overboard

A T Apricot Tea

Something that brings you happiness: Being with family

What sort of book would you like to receive FREE this month? A cookbook, I like browsing through them.

Enjoy your day...

Old 06-19-2020, 03:07 AM

2,058 posts, read 1,467,579 times
Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you?

Yes. I have a blanket I purchased in Tijuana. There's a funny story (only to me) about how I bought it, I jumped out of the car, in the hours-long-line that goes to the American border, I bought this blanket and when I looked up, my friend was forced to move up, and crossed the border without me! The US Border Patrol/Customs almost tackled me for trying to run on foot across the car-inspection-arch, and they sat me down and I had to show my ID and declare my citizenship at least 3 times, but they let me catchup with my mexican blanket in hand. (this was pre-drug war days)
The blanket still sits on my comfy-chair.

Is this accompanied by a magical reduction in age, or are you just giving me a fake ID? Okay... 10 years younger, por favor.

I'm pretty good about that, cant remember the last time I did that. There have been some nights were I had to stand in the kitchen and gulg down a glass of red wine, because I refused to bring the carpet-destroying glass-of-red-menace upstairs.

I think that's one of the things that has fueled Netflix's popularity over broadcast television or cable TV. No commercials.
I tuned into broadcast TV just this past week or two, because I wanted to see if the local news had any better or more current info about BLM riots or Coronavirus stuff, and I was struck how truly repetitive and useless TV news is. I am able to block nearly 100% of unwanted advertising when I'm on the Internet, so ahhh, consider ditching broadcast TV if you can? You need not suffer thru advertisments, if you really dont want to.

pastrami on rye, with a giant sliced pickle

Brown __vs. Board of Education

Rancho Deluxe. ( a comedy western from 1975, starring Jeff Bridges and soundtrack by Jimmy Buffett)

Bob __Barker, the Price is Right

Liquor__ store, which was allowed to be open during Coronavirus times. You can't get a haircut, but you can buy a bottle of Rum... that makes perfect sense... to a Pirate like me.

Initials time:

GoD

R H - Red Hearts

M O - Marie Osmond

A T - I got nothing

For decades of my life, I've had a bicycle that I have kept in marvelous condition ('a garage queen') (I literally kept it in my living room when I lived in a 1 bdrm apt years ago)
with the very best-est upgraded and scavenged/matching parts, the most stunning color scheme - I call it the Orange Blossom Special
and in the past month, my daughter has outgrown her old bike, and the cheap bastard in me was dreading buying another bicycle
(and there has been a run/shortage on bicycles since this lockdown) and then it dawned on me - she could probably fit on my
garage queen, if I replaced the handlebars with riser bars, I lowered the seat and brought it forward, if I replaced the tires with lower-profile tires, removed the toe-straps...
Much to my chagrin and child's delight, she fits just fine and has taken to the bike. She rode it on her own volition the other day, and last weekend I took her out for a 12 mile ride.
So yes, it gave me happiness to pass along such a cherished object of my own, I am pleased she likes it, and I can think of no greater honor for my Warhorse.

I have too many books as it is, I donate the book prize to charity.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:10 AM

19,179 posts, read 6,908,672 times
Quote:
2:30 in the morning, it is too cold in here and the fan is making the Winchell factor really annoying...especially on my left ear. I have my two brown blankets here, though.
"The Winchell factor?" What's that, Roosty? I've never heard of it.

Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you?
Yes, I have a couple of soft knit throws. It can be chilly here year round, so they come in handy for that reason, too.
That's a good question, and I'm not sure of the answer. Sometimes I wish I were born earlier because I love everything about the 1940s, especially the music and the movies, but on the whole I'm OK with being an "OK Boomer." Considering the way things are now, I know for sure that I wouldn't want to be younger.

A little bit of sauce spilled from my plate onto the tablecloth at dinner last night.
It's to get your attention. There was supposed to be a limit on audio levels in commercials, but I doubt if the FCC enforces it (or much of anything else) these days. Also (to get technical, sorry) a commercial's audio signal sounds fuller and richer than the program even if the actual dB levels are the same because ad agencies use superior recording techniques. They have to. Consider that, unlike the programs they interrupt, they're played over and over multiple times a day for weeks, months or even years. Every detail of their production has to be first class or the commercials would sound even more annoying than they already do.

Bacon, lettuce and tomato on sourdough toast with lots of mayonnaise. Now you've done it. I want one right now.

Brown bag.

Rancho deluxe. (old movie)

Bob Hope.

The Container store.

Initials time:

G D Good Dog!

R H Rubber Hose

M O Modus Operandi

A T Apple Tart

It's a tough choice, but I'll make it a tie between music and chocolate.
I'd better not say because it's political.
Thank you, Roosty - and the same to you!

Old 06-19-2020, 04:27 AM

10,323 posts, read 7,725,264 times
2:30 in the morning, it is too cold in here and the fan is making the Winchell factor really annoying...especially on my left ear. I have my two brown blankets here, though. Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you? - I have a large comforter but no blankets.

Maybe not going here...

The last thing that you can remember spilling: - A little water recently. No biggie.

Please help me. Would you please explain to me why television commercials need to be so blasting loud?! - I like my mute button. That's the mode I put all commercials.

One of your favorite sandwiches: - I have a new one lately -
Halibut from Trader Joe's. The best fish sandwich I ever had. Lettuce, tomato, and tarter sauce goes with it.

Brown Sugar (Stones song)

White meat chicken salad sandwich deluxe.

Bob Weir (singer, guitar player)

Cannabis store.

Initials time:

G D - Government Dysfunction

R H - Run Horse!

M O - Multiple Orgasms

A T - Amazing Toy

Something that brings you happiness: - Not having to work at this time...

What sort of book would you like to receive FREE this month? - IDK.

~ I do hope you all are doing well! - Thanks, Roosty!
My fractured right shoulder is coming along...

Old 06-19-2020, 05:16 AM

4,640 posts, read 2,942,114 times
2:30 in the morning, it is too cold in here and the fan is making the Winchell factor really annoying...especially on my left ear. I have my two brown blankets here, though. Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you?..............No blankets during the summer for us.

Would you like to make an adjustment to the year you were born if given the opportunity to do so?.......Nope, it is what it is.

The last thing that you can remember spilling:................Ice cubes

Please help me. Would you please explain to me why television commercials need to be so blasting loud?!..........They don’t!! I guess the advertising firms think we’ll pay more attention if they are loud.

One of your favorite sandwiches:.............French dip

Brown _cow____.

__Super___ deluxe.

__Bob ___White

__Super__store.

Initials time:

G D............Great day!

R H..........Red hen

M O...........Miss Ohio

A T...........All terrain

Something that brings you happiness:............Nature

What sort of book would you like to receive FREE this month?............A Catherine Anderson book.

~ I do hope you all are doing well!...........Thanks Roosty, right back at you.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:07 AM

6,442 posts, read 4,686,539 times
2:30 in the morning, it is too cold in here and the fan is making the Winchell factor really annoying...especially on my left ear. I have my two brown blankets here, though. Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you? Yes, but right now it’s too hot for my blanket.

Would you like to make an adjustment to the year you were born if given the opportunity to do so? No, I’m Ok With the year I was born, and I’m ok with being called a Boomer.

The last thing that you can remember spilling: Tea

Please help me. Would you please explain to me why television commercials need to be so blasting loud?! I think so they get your attention.

One of your favorite sandwiches: Cheeseburger.

Brown Betty __.

Ice cream _ deluxe.

Bob Evans _.

Super_ store.

Initials time:

G D. Golden deluxe

R H. Real hot

M O. My opinion

A T. All time

Something that brings you happiness: A beautiful day

What sort of book would you like to receive FREE this month? A good autobiography.

~ I do hope you all are doing well! I hope you are too, have a great weekend!

Old 06-19-2020, 06:24 AM

123,077 posts, read 16,428,665 times
Quote:
2:30 in the morning, it is too cold in here and the fan is making the Winchell factor really annoying...especially on my left ear. I have my two brown blankets here, though. Have you any blanket(s) that you keep around your sofa/chair to comfort you? Yes I have quite a few blankets in all different colors

Would you like to make an adjustment to the year you were born if given the opportunity to do so? No

The last thing that you can remember spilling: Nothing since last week

Please help me. Would you please explain to me why television commercials need to be so blasting loud?! I always put the commercials on mute

One of your favorite sandwiches: Bauernbrot/farmer bread with butter and red radish slices or with tomato slices and chive

Brown Bear.

Sandwich deluxe.

Bob Probert (Canadian professional ice hockey forward)

Spice store.

Initials time:

G D Global Disaster

R H Red Hot chili peppers

M O Mountain Outline

A T Afternoon Tea

Something that brings you happiness: Playing alpine zither music

What sort of book would you like to receive FREE this month? Trumpet For Dummies

THANK YOU roosty and I hope you are alright as well!

Old 06-19-2020, 06:47 AM

8,578 posts, read 12,388,003 times
Yes, I have an afghan on my chair

Would you like to make an adjustment to the year you were born if given the opportunity to do so? No adjustment wanted or needed! I just turned 80 and it's been a wonderful run! I'm still fit and active, still working 50-60 hours/week, make my own hours, operate my own lucrative business, and do what I want. Couldn't be better!

The last thing that you can remember spilling: This morning, I fertilized the flowers on my porch and while hooking up the hose to my feeder, the hose sprayed water on my feet.

Because.

One of your favorite sandwiches: Fresh fried flounder sandwich with seasoned red potatoes on the side from JP's Wharf (Delaware).
https://www.jpswharf.com/

Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)

Washington Nationals Baseball tickets-seating deluxe.

Bob Newhart.

Furniture store.

Initials time:

G D No time to think....on the run here

R H

M O

A T

Something that brings you happiness: My husband, my work, my flowers, my children,

What sort of book would you like to receive FREE this month? No thanks...no time for such things

~ I do hope you all are doing well! Doing great here, hope you're the same!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics