Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 06:24 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,277,042 times

Advertisements

Having a hard time keeping my eyes open so this will be shorter than usual.

1) Name 5 real people or 5 characters that are known for wearing hats or some type of head covering.

a......Minnie Pearl, you have to love her price tag!
b......Farmers, they all wear caps of some kind.
c......Baseball players
d......Football players
e......Construction workers

2) Do you have a face mask that is attractive or unusual? Describe it. ............. I’m just wearing the disposable type mask right now. I may have to get creative if mask wearing continues.

3) When planning a car trip to a set destination, approximately how many hours would the trip (home to final destination) have to be for you to decide the trip should be done in two or more days instead of one? .........8-10 hours would be my limit for one day.

4) In addition to the food not tasting that great, for what reason(s) would you not return to a restaurant?.........Poor service and dirty conditions.

5) Is graffiti art? Explain your opinion............It’s not my kind of art but the people drawing /painting it are talented.

6) When you go on vacation, do you tend to pack more than you need or are you the type that has to shop for something you forgot while you are away? What type of item are you most likely to have too much or too little of when on vacation?..............I’m a planner and a very neat packer. I’m usually right on the money with what I take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2020, 08:11 AM

126,262 posts, read 19,028,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

1) Name 5 real people or 5 characters that are known for wearing hats or some type of head covering.

a NHL ice hockey goal tender mask
b. Sailors
c. Soldiers
d. Chauffeur
e. Cook

2) Do you have a face mask that is attractive or unusual? Describe it.

.......Just white and black ones

3) When planning a car trip to a set destination, approximately how many hours would the trip (home to final destination) have to be for you to decide the trip should be done in two or more days instead of one?

..........12 hours most likely

4) In addition to the food not tasting that great, for what reason(s) would you not return to a restaurant?

............In general I don't like to eat out, prefer home cooked healthy meals

5) Is graffiti art? Explain your opinion.

........... It can be If they are talented and do it for a good cause

6) When you go on vacation, do you tend to pack more than you need or are you the type that has to shop for something you forgot while you are away?

..............I am a thorough packer and never forget anything

What type of item are you most likely to have too much or too little of when on vacation?

........I pack for each day and a few extra in case of emergency

THANK YOU Laura

Old 06-20-2020, 09:26 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,906,608 times

a. Queen Elizabeth
b. Princess Beatrice
c. Humphrey Bogart
d. Spike Lee
e. James Taylor

2) Do you have a face mask that is attractive or unusual? Describe it. === I have several that I made with bright cotton fabric with flower patterns.

3) When planning a car trip to a set destination, approximately how many hours would the trip (home to final destination) have to be for you to decide the trip should be done in two or more days instead of one? === It used to be 10 hours. These days, I'm thinking more like 6.

4) In addition to the food not tasting that great, for what reason(s) would you not return to a restaurant? === Dirty, and these days, spacing and mask wearing.

5) Is graffiti art? Explain your opinion. === Some of it is beautiful but I don't like the idea of using a building or object as a canvas without the permission of the owner.

6) When you go on vacation, do you tend to pack more than you need or are you the type that has to shop for something you forgot while you are away? What type of item are you most likely to have too much or too little of when on vacation? === If it's travel within the US, I tend to pack the bare minimum. Overseas, I tend to pack too many blouses and pants, and even dressier items.

Thanks Laura. Hope your trip is wonderful and that you get lots of beautiful photos!

Old 06-20-2020, 10:32 AM

24,445 posts, read 25,974,673 times

a.Laurel and Hardy
b.Will Rogers
c.Che Guevara
d.Jefferson Randolph "Soapy" Smith
e.Dr Suess

Just plain Jane

3) When planning a car trip to a set destination, approximately how many hours would the trip (home to final destination) have to be for you to decide the trip should be done in two or more days instead of one?
Now, about 6-8 hrs.

4) In addition to the food not tasting that great, for what reason(s) would you not return to a restaurant?
Cockroaches, flys, hot, smells bad, service, sticky table. It actually happened in GA.

Art

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8o0K6rar8h...5e5627bf70.jpg

Graffiti

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/B20FJP/urb...ing-B20FJP.jpg

6) When you go on vacation, do you tend to pack more than you need or are you the type that has to shop for something you forgot while you are away? What type of item are you most likely to have too much or too little of when on vacation?
I'm a minimalist when I vacation pack. I might take xtra whity titiees. Rarely need anything, if I do, just buy it.

Thanx Laura, hope you got some sleep.

Old 06-20-2020, 11:04 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,786,210 times
[quote=LauraC;58427944]Having a hard time keeping my eyes open so this will be shorter than usual.

a. Davey Crockett
b. Mary Poppins
c. Elmer Fudd
d. Bozo the Clown
e. Blackbeard

No. I follow what heath care professionals wear. An N95 or a KN95 with a surgical mask as well.

If it's more than 8 hours. I drive my friends back to Florida when they come to visit. It's a hard two day trip. They're good for about 8 hours in the car. Then we stop.

If it's a dirty place.

It wasn't art when some punk gang banger wanna be tagged our garage a few years back.

6) When you go on vacation, do you tend to pack more than you need or are you the type that has to shop for something you forgot while you are away? What type of item are you most likely to have too much or too little of when on vacation?
I prefer to travel light with one carry on. I just go to the laundry mat if I start running out of clean clothes.

Thanks Laura. Get some sleep!

Old 06-20-2020, 12:28 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,906,106 times
Hello to all!

a. Police
b. Cowboys
c. Baseball Players
d. Nascar Drivers (without helmets)
e. Me!

I have a solid black mask and a blue "hospital" type mask. Have only worn each of them once (because of where I was at the time).

If by myself, then 12-14 hours. If the wife is with me, then about 8 - 10 hours.

Prices, service, cleanliness, clientele, etc.

In some cases, yes. In most, no. Just my feelings.

We overpack, but at least we have what we may possibly need. I'm typically the mule that carries the bulk of our baggage, so it's all good.

Have a great day, everyone!

Old 06-20-2020, 05:10 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times

a. Mother Teresa
b. Dudley Do-Right
c. Snidely Whiplash
d. Boris Badenov
e. Elmer Fudd

2) Do you have a face mask that is attractive or unusual? Describe it. I have 2 that have a pretty pattern and colors but I never wear them. I wear the throwaway ones, instead.

3) When planning a car trip to a set destination, approximately how many hours would the trip (home to final destination) have to be for you to decide the trip should be done in two or more days instead of one? More than 9 hours. I used to be able to drive longer but now my legs can't handle it.

4) In addition to the food not tasting that great, for what reason(s) would you not return to a restaurant? Tiny amounts of food. Not into the whole exquisite/expensive itsy bitsy entree - 2 bites and you're done. Being rushed or being asked every few minutes if they can get me anything. Undercooked meat.

5) Is graffiti art? Explain your opinion. I don't like the choice of canvas. After they're done, the place they did their thing on looks like crap. Otherwise. I have no problem with it being labeled as art.

6) When you go on vacation, do you tend to pack more than you need or are you the type that has to shop for something you forgot while you are away? What type of item are you most likely to have too much or too little of when on vacation? I always pack too much over the counter drugs trying to anticipate any possible medical thing that might come up. I keep buying band aids I never need, for one, just in case I get a blister or cut myself. I have aspirin and ibuprofen, nasal spray and Claritin D, etc..

Old 06-20-2020, 07:57 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,000,125 times

I just use the basic cheapie disposable mask.

Eight hours of actual driving is about my limit. I have no problem stopping somewhere for the night.

Price, selection, location, being told to not come back.

Can be. However as of late what I see is rather lacking.

Short trips I take what I will need. Longer trips in usually have to at least do laundry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics