U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 08:13 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

42,447 posts, read 26,585,163 times

Advertisements

. . and it's called graffiti. Just a pun to get us started on . . .

Today's Question(s):
Who do you know/have you known that had the best handwriting, cursive or printed, either one?

What do you think about your own handwriting?

Calligraphy, anyone? Have you done or do you like seeing?

My handwriting looks like my Dad's which looks like his granddad's in the family Bible. Do you know whose handwriting yours might look most like?

Bonus:
What free knick-knack do/would you LIKE to receive in mail that is meant to guilt you into giving:
-Address labels?
-Greeting cards?
-Even more address labels?
-Notepads?
-Enough address labels to cover a space shuttle?
-None of the above?
-Something else, and if so, what? Humor and imagination are allowed.

Foodie Question(s):
Pot of _____________________

What are some pasta shapes or types you like?

What do you like to put on pasta, like Parmesan cheese, sauces, etc.?

Chili with beans or without?

Just To:
What modern technology or invention do you wish you could go back in time and show others,
and how do you think they might react?

Happy Thursday!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 08:21 PM

9,244 posts, read 14,791,623 times
Today's Question(s):
Who do you know/have you known that had the best handwriting, cursive or printed, either one? My mother did

What do you think about your own handwriting? It's readable!

Calligraphy, anyone? Have you done or do you like seeing? Tried it once. That was one time too many. lol

My handwriting looks like my Dad's which looks like his granddad's in the family Bible. Do you know whose handwriting yours might look most like? Nope

Bonus:
What free knick-knack do/would you LIKE to receive in mail that is meant to guilt you into giving:
-Address labels? We print our own
-Greeting cards?
-Notepads? Can't ever have enough note pads
-None of the above?
-Something else, and if so, what? Humor and imagination are allowed. Food samples

Foodie Question(s):
Pot of chili

What are some pasta shapes or types you like? Elbow. If it's edible and not whole grain, I'll like it.

What do you like to put on pasta, like Parmesan cheese, sauces, etc.? I cook up something like a sloppy joe mix and stir pasta in it

Chili with beans or without? With, of course!

Just To:
What modern technology or invention do you wish you could go back in time and show others,
and how do you think they might react? Television or cell phone

Happy Thursday!

Old 06-24-2020, 08:39 PM

31,304 posts, read 30,348,773 times

Today's Question(s):
Who do you know/have you known that had the best handwriting, cursive or printed, either one?
I use to have good handwriting both cursive and printing but that has changed over the years. I had exceptional printing while taking drafting class in school according to my teacher.

What do you think about your own handwriting? Now it's not so good, however with having issues with both hands in resent months it became worse but I can use my fingers and hands much better for other things.

Calligraphy, anyone? Have you done or do you like seeing? I always thought I'd like to do that but never got motivated enough to start it.

My handwriting looks like my Dad's which looks like his granddad's in the family Bible. Do you know whose handwriting yours might look most like?

Bonus:
Oh how I wish they wouldn't send those things in the mail to me.
-Address labels?
-Greeting cards?
-Notepads?
-None of the above?

Foodie Question(s):
Pot of ____Beef stew _________________

What are some pasta shapes or types you like? I'll eat any pasta no matter what shape it is.

What do you like to put on pasta, like Parmesan cheese, sauces, etc.? A good Italian tomato sauce with meat.

Chili with beans or without? With beans

Just To:
Digital cameras. People always like to see what "they" would look like and they would be amazed. Cellphone & Tv require too much complicated other equipment to demonstrate their use. Digital Cameras are simple and require nothing else to make them work.

Happy Thursday!

Last edited by AksarbeN; 06-24-2020 at 08:59 PM..

Old 06-24-2020, 08:44 PM

36,301 posts, read 36,964,330 times
Today's Question(s):
My dad had very good penmanship.

What do you think about your own handwriting? It's readable.

Calligraphy, anyone? Have you done or do you like seeing? Never did it. Doesn't interest me.

My handwriting looks like my Dad's which looks like his granddad's in the family Bible. Do you know whose handwriting yours might look most like? Doesn't look like anyone's that I'm related to.

Bonus:
-Address labels?
This one from Disabled Veterans.
-Greeting cards? This one from Audubon.
-Notepads?
-None of the above?

Foodie Question(s):
Pot of
stew

What are some pasta shapes or types you like? Rigatoni, Cavatelli

What do you like to put on pasta, like Parmesan cheese, sauces, etc.? Romano cheese I grate myself.

Chili with beans or without? Don't eat it.

Just To:
Well, I can't go back before electricity with an invention that needs it so...you know what, I'm going to go with air conditioning in the home. It won't wow them like the personal computer but it also won't take hours to explain how it could be beneficial to them.

Old 06-24-2020, 08:46 PM

4,640 posts, read 2,922,912 times

Today's Question(s):
...............Our neighbor has the best handwriting I’ve ever seen! I’m very envious of her skills.

What do you think about your own handwriting? .............It’s horrible.

Calligraphy, anyone? Have you done or do you like seeing? ............I can’t do it. It’s very old school in my opinion.

My handwriting looks like my Dad's which looks like his granddad's in the family Bible. Do you know whose handwriting yours might look most like? ..............No

Bonus:
-Address labels? ......A few
-Greeting cards? ...........Some
-Even more address labels? .......No
-Notepads? ........Yes, I actually use note pads.
-Enough address labels to cover a space shuttle? .........No
-None of the above? ...........That would be fine with me.
-Something else, and if so, what? Humor and imagination are allowed. ..........The winning lottery ticket worth millions.

Foodie Question(s):
Pot of _____soup________________

What are some pasta shapes or types you like? ........I like shells, hubby just wants the basic pasta shapes for traditional dishes.

What do you like to put on pasta, like Parmesan cheese, sauces, etc.? ..........I make macaroni salad with everything in it but the kitchen sink. Other pastas call for traditional sauces.

Chili with beans or without? .........With

Just To:
and how do you think they might react? .......Cell phone.

Happy Thursday!

Old 06-24-2020, 09:27 PM

114,775 posts, read 59,647,183 times

Today's Question(s):
My Mother and Father both had good handwriting skills. Unfortunately, it wasn't passed down to me. lol

Chicken scratch.
Yeah got a letter from a college Calligraphy teacher praising myself and another sent to my boss. Very nice.
I have an elderly relative (lady) cousin in the Bahamas I think my writing favors.
Bonus:
-Address labels?
-Greeting cards?
-Notepads?
-None of the above?

Foodie Question(s):
Pot of ____Oro_________________

I like shells best.

With but we cook them separately.
Just To:
So many things in the last 10-20 years. Cell phones , flat screen TV's..

Happy Thursday!
Thanks for the Q's BJ and same to you!

Old 06-24-2020, 11:08 PM

19,053 posts, read 6,812,722 times

Today's Question(s):
My cousin Barbara had lovely handwriting with lots of swirls and flourishes. It was always a treat to get a card or letter from her.
I think it's pretty good considering that I'm a lefty.
I like seeing it. I have done a little bit of calligraphy myself. I still have a boxed calligraphy set that someone gave me, but all the ink cartridges for the pen have run dry.
It looks a bit like my mother's, I think.
Bonus:
-Address labels?
-Greeting cards?
-Notepads?
-None of the above?
I keep notepads and toss out everything else. The address labels and greeting cards are never anything I'd pick for myself.
Foodie Question(s):
Pot of Chili

You name it, I like it! I especially like spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine and penne.
Bolognese, pesto or garlic wine sauce, Parmesan, red chili flakes.
With. I guess I'll never be a Texan.
Just To:
I think it would be fun to show people from the past a cell phone and all the myriad things it can do besides make calls. Then I'd take a picture of their reaction and show it to them.

Thanks, bjh!

Old 06-24-2020, 11:10 PM

34,365 posts, read 19,262,012 times
Today's Question(s):
As far as cursive, my sister's late mother-in-law's writing looked like classic cursive penmanship learned in school.
As far as printing, a former co-worker of mine had the best I'd ever seen.

I've been told I have nice penmanship for a man.

One of my female cousins does it and she does a beautiful job. Never tried it myself.

I don't think mine looks like anyone's that I know.

Bonus:
-Address labels?
-Greeting cards?
-Notepads?
-None of the above?

Foodie Question(s):
Pot of chicken soup
Angel hair, bowtie and penne.

Marinara and Alfredo, grated mozzarella cheese.

No chili for me.

Just To:
Vacuum cleaner and cell phone.

Happy Friday Eve!

Old 06-25-2020, 12:31 AM

9,904 posts, read 5,499,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
I am not sure, haven't noticed.
It's okay I guess, I think it looks a bit sloppy, but I have been complimented on it before...

I love the look of Calligraphy, but have never done it....my Husband has though.
It looks a whole lot like my Mom's.
Bonus:
-Address labels?
-Greeting cards?
-Notepads?
-None of the above?
Address labels maybe.....
Foodie Question(s):
Pot of Chili

Macaroni, Penne, Lasagna, angel hair Spaghetti, fettuccine, Ziti...
Spaghetti sauce, alfredo, sometimes shredded provolone or mozzarella
I prefer it with beans.
(This thread is making me hungry!!)

Just To:
Cell phone or computer maybe....it would be interesting to see the reaction.
(They would probably burn me for being a witch though.....)

Happy Thursday!

Ditto!

Old 06-25-2020, 02:14 AM

41,953 posts, read 54,675,956 times

Today's Question(s):
Who do you know/have you known that had the best handwriting, cursive or printed, either one? My mother did and my wife does now.

What do you think about your own handwriting? It's fair, readable.

Calligraphy, anyone? Have you done or do you like seeing? Never done myself, but do admire it that others have done.

My handwriting looks like my Dad's which looks like his granddad's in the family Bible. Do you know whose handwriting yours might look most like? It use to look like my mothers.

Bonus:
-Address labels?
-Greeting cards?
-Notepads?
-None of the above?

Foodie Question(s):
Pot of Chicken & dumplings.

What are some pasta shapes or types you like? Doesn't matter, you cook it I'll eat it.

What do you like to put on pasta, like Parmesan cheese, sauces, etc.? Whatever sauce she uses and parmesan cheese.

Chili with beans or without? With beans, the rootin' tootin' kind.

Just To:
What modern technology or invention do you wish you could go back in time and show others, and how do you think they might react? GPS – Global Positioning System. They'd be stupefied.

Happy Thursday! bj
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics