U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 07:14 PM

3,948 posts, read 2,597,425 times

Advertisements

Good evening/morning! Just a few random questions to make sure the connection between your fingers and brain are working:

* What piece of furniture would you like to buy next? Would it be a replacement or something brand new to your home?

* If money was not a concern, what new piece of electronics would you like to buy next?

* Look in your fridge or freezer and tell us what you’re going to make us for dinner.

* Do you know how to make sun tea? If so, please share the recipe.

* We’re putting together a CD-QoTD band. What instrument will you play? If you don’t have an instrument, make one out of something you have in the house and tell us about it.

* What kind of pests do you find in or around your home?

* What are your favorite dishes with cheese?

* Your favorite breed of dog and why.

* If you were given $10,000 and were told you must give it to a local charity, what charity would you choose and why?

Thought for the Day

Thou shalt not judge too harshly because thou hast also messed up in the past.

Painting of the Day

This is the painting I did of Bayarea4's beautiful photo of Capitola Beach with her permission.

Happy weekend everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Questions of the Day -- Saturday, June 27, 2020-capitola2.jpg  

Last edited by KiwiKate; 06-26-2020 at 07:30 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 07:44 PM

42,102 posts, read 55,106,518 times
Good evening/morning! Just a few random questions to make sure the connection between your fingers and brain are working:

* What piece of furniture would you like to buy next? Would it be a replacement or something brand new to your home? All our furniture is fairly new and we have too much of it right now. Not buying anymore.

* If money was not a concern, what new piece of electronics would you like to buy next?

* Look in your fridge or freezer and tell us what you’re going to make us for dinner. Boston market Turkey entrée.

* Do you know how to make sun tea? If so, please share the recipe. Have never made any.

* We’re putting together a CD-QoTD band. What instrument will you play? If you don’t have an instrument, make one out of something you have in the house and tell us about it. Kazoo.

* What kind of pests do you find in or around your home? Door to door salesmen, nosey neighbors.

* What are your favorite dishes with cheese? Pizza, Tacos, Enchiladas..

* Your favorite breed of dog and why. Heinz 57 mutt. They're lovable and happy to have a home.

* If you were given $10,000 and were told you must give it to a local charity, what charity would you choose and why?

Thought for the Day

Painting of the Day

This is the painting I did of Bayarea4's beautiful photo of Capitola Beach with her permission.
Excellent job of the painting, I'll take 3.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:47 PM

19,187 posts, read 6,915,275 times

* What piece of furniture would you like to buy next? Would it be a replacement or something brand new to your home?
I need a new coffee table to replace the wicker chest with brass trim and a glass top that is stuck in the 1970s.
I would like the new iPhone 11 Pro.
* Look in your fridge or freezer and tell us what you’re going to make us for dinner.
Amy's Veggie Loaf (reduced sodium) with a bottle of Pinot Noir and lemon meringue pie for dessert.
I've never done that, but I've had sun tea brewed by a friend.
* We’re putting together a CD-QoTD band. What instrument will you play? If you don’t have an instrument, make one out of something you have in the house and tell us about it.
I will play the soprano recorder. Badly.
Various spiders, assorted little bugs that I can't identify, the occasional flying insect.
Macaroni and cheese, spaghetti bolognese, grilled cheese sandwiches, cheeseburgers, lasagne.
Dachshund. We had one when I was growing up, and various relatives have also had "wiener dogs." They are smart and affectionate, and they don't shed.
I would choose St. Anthony's Dining Room, which serves daily meals to the homeless, or the Salvation Army, an organization which helps the down-and-out get back on their feet.

Thanks, KiwiKate!

Painting of the Day

Wow, nice work! I'm flattered that you liked my photo that much.

Last edited by Bayarea4; 06-26-2020 at 07:56 PM..

Old 06-26-2020, 07:54 PM

9,392 posts, read 14,937,662 times
I'd like to buy a new bed with a memory foam mattress. The memory foam mattress I have now on top of my regular mattress is great but tired of having to scoot it back up on the other one every now and then
* If money was not a concern, what new piece of electronics would you like to buy next? Super size TV with all the speakers and special items on it

* Look in your fridge or freezer and tell us what you’re going to make us for dinner. Hope you don't mind Hamburger Helper. I have several pounds of hamburger in there

* Do you know how to make sun tea? If so, please share the recipe. Take a gallon jug full of water, put tea bags in but keep them where the cap will hold the strings, then put it outside in the sun or just on your kitchen table. Then check back in a few hours

* We’re putting together a CD-QoTD band. What instrument will you play? If you don’t have an instrument, make one out of something you have in the house and tell us about it. How about a kazoo?

* What kind of pests do you find in or around your home? The biggest pest at times is my dog! But both dogs brought fleas in from the back yard. Finally got rid of them on the dogs and out of the carpet

* What are your favorite dishes with cheese? Ham or bacon and cheese omelet or a grilled bacon and cheese sandwich

* Your favorite breed of dog and why. The Heinz breed. Full blooded mutt. All the mutts we've had have been the smartest dogs

* If you were given $10,000 and were told you must give it to a local charity, what charity would you choose and why? Our local animal shelter. They do a great job of taking in strays or abandoned pets, give them the medical care they need, and find new homes for them, either around here or sent to another shelter. At one time they had to take in almost 60 dogs and cats from a "pet hoarder" in the county. That took a big hit to their budget.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:40 PM

36,388 posts, read 37,161,370 times
What piece of furniture would you like to buy next? Would it be a replacement or something brand new to your home? A new couch. Replacement.

* If money was not a concern, what new piece of electronics would you like to buy next? A new camera and a lighter weight Nikon zoom lens. Just waiting for Nikon to actually release the latest camera in my series. They're going mirrorless and I don't want one of those. May have to leave Nikon.

* Look in your fridge or freezer and tell us what you’re going to make us for dinner. Nothing. I have ribs in there that I didn't eat so I'll just heat them up.

* Do you know how to make sun tea? If so, please share the recipe. Never heard of it. Maybe I call it something else.

I will play drums on my pots like bongo drums. I'm pretty good on the steering wheel but it's not portable.

* What kind of pests do you find in or around your home? gnats/fruit flies. They make me nuts.

* What are your favorite dishes with cheese? baked ravioli, chicken parmigiana, lasagna, pizza, white pizza, meatball sub.

* Your favorite breed of dog and why. German Shepherd. Long story.

* If you were given $10,000 and were told you must give it to a local charity, what charity would you choose and why? It wouldn't be a local charity. I'd choose Samaritan's Purse and any charity that wants to put an end to wind farms and/or solar panels (bird killers).

Painting of the Day

Very nice!

Old 06-26-2020, 09:17 PM

114,775 posts, read 60,011,913 times

Couch replacement.
Probably a new gaming system.
Hamburgers on the grill or tacos.
Yes, you just put tea and water in a glass jar, cover at sit in the sunlight a day or two. Add sugar to taste unless you just like dirty water.
Guitar.
Mosquitoes and snap beetles and such.
Broccoli and cheese casserole.
I love my Catahoula leopard but love most big dog breeds.

Thought for the Day

True!
Painting of the Day

Nice job!

Happy weekend everyone!

Thanks KiwiK!

Old 06-26-2020, 09:53 PM

123,087 posts, read 16,438,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiKate View Post

......I don't need anything at the moment because I inherited beautiful European furniture from my parents

........I don't know

....... Bread soup and for dessert apple strudel with vanilla ice cream

* Do you know how to make sun tea? If so, please share the recipe

....Never heard about sun tea

* We’re putting together a CD-QoTD band. What instrument will you play?

.......Zither

If you don’t have an instrument, make one out of something you have in the house and tell us about it.

........ Usually mosquitoes,ants and wasps

..........Käsespätzle and noodle casserole

.......I had a Samoyed/Malamute a rescue dog and her name was Kira and she was a very special dog.I also love Schnauzers,wirehaired Dachshund,Bernese Mountain dog,Akita dog and many more....

........I would give it to our local youth center

Thought for the Day

Painting of the Day

Absolutely beautiful

Happy weekend everyone!

THANK YOU KiwiKate

Old 06-26-2020, 10:51 PM

31,304 posts, read 30,493,697 times
I'll pass, I like everything I have now and it will serve me well for the years ahead.
I'm good for what my needs are right now. Can't think of a thing that I want.
Tomorrow I have some pork ribs for the outdoor grill.
The key to making this is always wait until it's a sunny day.
Nothing,,, however I can make a piece of paper with a hair comb work.
Right now not many other than a few little flying ones at times.
I'll take anything with cheese.
Dachshund. I've had several of them over they years long ago and they're great little dogs to have around. While in EU on a trip we visited a little Dachshund museum in one of the villages. I have some pictures of it on the pc somewhere but I can't find them right now.
There are several small local missions in the valley that could sure use the money so I'd have to donate it to them.

Old 06-27-2020, 01:05 AM

21,355 posts, read 12,908,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiKate View Post

new bed-replacement

maybe one of those vacuum thingies that clean all by themselves

chicken of some kind

Not sure but I think you need sun. a little short of that now.

don't have any so I'll just tap a pencil on the table.

mostly ants. yukky things

mac and cheese, lasagna, cheese steak sub,

I'll take a mutt any day. If I have to take a pure bred,Blue tick. They bark like I sing.

food pantry and cat rescue. It's needed

Thought for the Day

yup

Painting of the Day

Happy weekend everyone!
that's a beautiful painting. thanks, kiwi

Old 06-27-2020, 02:20 AM

6,770 posts, read 3,967,588 times
Good Morning

* What piece of furniture would you like to buy next? Would it be a replacement or something brand new to your home? Replace sofa in family room.

* If money was not a concern, what new piece of electronics would you like to buy next? I am good now--I just had to replace my iPhone.

* Look in your fridge or freezer and tell us what you’re going to make us for dinner. Stuffed green peppers and carrots

* Do you know how to make sun tea? If so, please share the recipe. Just put some tea bags in a jar filled with water in the sun for a few hours.

Let me hurry up and go take those harp lessons, then I will be ready to join!

* What kind of pests do you find in or around your home? Those pesky cats that come in my background

* What are your favorite dishes with cheese? Lasagna, taco salad, cubed cheese in my salad

I had a Cairn Terrier for 15 years: smart, cute, she could be affectionate, she could also be very independent, she wasn't needy. She did not shed.

Children's Heart Foundation, their mission is to advance the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of congenital heart defects. Why--one of my sons was born with a congenital heart defect.

Thought for the Day

Painting of the Day

^ Nice work! Beautiful!

Happy Saturday--how can it be Saturday already? Fast week...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics