U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 05:52 AM

17,833 posts, read 31,836,951 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
It is going to be a toasty 84 degree here in NE FL today and it looks like we are headed for the 90s later this week.
So I as I mentioned in the exercise thread I got the email that my FIL is coming to visit this weekend. It has been over a year since he has been here so you know I will be busy making sure the house is in great shape
hmmm wonder if we can finally get the pantagruelian ladder out of the library
So I am sure you can guess the inspiration for

Todays question:

When was the last time you had company ?

extra credit : When was the last time you were "the company" ?

Today in history:
May 6, 1833 John Deere makes 1st steel plow - hmm I wonder if it was John Deere green?
May 6,1851 - Linus Yale of Newport, NY became well known for his patent of the clock-type lock. If the name Yale sounds familiar, it should. Yale locks are among the top brands of security devices sold today. - So how many of you went and checked your front door lock to see it it is a Yale

Word of the day:
pantagruelian (pan-tuh-groo-EL-ee-uhn) adjective
1. Enormous.
2. Displaying extravagant and coarse humor.

Today is:
International No Diet Day !!!
so have no guilt while you enjoy
National Crepes Suzette Day
and
National Beverage Day

And let us not forget it is
National Nurse's Day !!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 06:10 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,366,144 times
Had company last weekend, one of our good friends came up and spent the weekend with us. Last time I was company, can't remember???

All for International no diet day and National Beverage day!

Old 05-06-2008, 06:18 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 18,387,035 times
Let's see... our last company was my friend Jeanette (we've been friends since we were 4 years old, which would be about 25 years now - tee hee!) who came to visit me down here exactly one year ago. I can't remember the last time I was company. I think it was 2 years ago when I bought the house, I stayed with my best friend Marty in her home down here.

Sorry, I just started watching what I eat, so I'm going to pass on Nat'l no diet day. Thanks anyway.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:37 AM

9,480 posts, read 11,642,266 times
My good buddy Lil was company yesterday, and she's stopping by again today so I can see her grandson - who is a cutie-pa-tootie.

The last time I was someone's company was at my parent's home for Easter Dinner.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:57 AM

16,847 posts, read 11,078,958 times
My Dad and his sister usually come from Long Island every winter to stay with me until spring until after Dad's birthday. I bought the twin bedroom suite so my Dad and my son share the spare room and my Aunt takes my son's room for the season. Problems solved.

For Christmas my son and I went down to Pt. St. Lucie to stay with my cousin and brother. I enjoyed myself so much that I would love to move there. The family treated
us so well in hospitality. The magical of Christmas season.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:04 AM

22,689 posts, read 32,813,175 times
I guess we're not very social, I can't remember the last time we had company. the last time I was company was last December, I went to a friends Christmas party.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:09 AM

26,366 posts, read 26,167,815 times
Last time we had company here was about 3 weeks ago, a mutual friend of the family came out for the weekend. I havent been to anyone's house in awhile, probably about a month.
No diet day....dont tell my son-in-law, lol, he's trying to lose a few extra pounds right now.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:12 AM

774 posts, read 1,357,478 times
Last time we had company was last weekend. A friend came over to help the hubby with some work and stayed the night.

The last time we were company?......... It's been a while but probably about a year ago we went to Lansing, MI and stayed with "The Mom" (MIL).

National Beverage Day....my beverage choice would be a nice glass of red wine.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:27 AM

2,071 posts, read 11,665,635 times
Last time I had company was on Christmas Eve and we all went out to dinner.

On Saturday I went to a BBQ for my friends birthday.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:42 AM

28,227 posts, read 20,947,658 times
Last time we had company was Thanksgiving-DH's sister and hubby came and stayed a couple of days-and that was enough.

Think last time we went to their house was late last summer for an overnight.

No Diet Day-cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics