Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 07:45 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,147 posts, read 30,446,533 times

Advertisements

Hello and welcome to . . .

Today's Question(s):

(The following four questions are courtesy of PAhippo.)

How many episodes of a new tv show do you watch before deciding to watch more or not watch at all?

How much of a book do you read before deciding it's a waste of your time?

If an actor has been a long time character on another show do you still think of that actor by the character's name (as in Tony DNozzo playing Bull or Magnum in Blue Bloods)?

Has there been a movie or book everyone thinks is so wonderful and you wonder why?

Foodie Question(s):
Have you made and/or enjoyed the follow in sandwiches or other dishes:
-Chicken salad?
-Egg Salad?
-Ham salad?
-Tuna salad?
-Pimiento cheese spread?
-O
ther mixed sandwich spread, made or bought?

Wishing everyone a good Wednesday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2021, 08:46 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,071,496 times
Today's Question(s):

How many episodes of a new tv show do you watch before deciding to watch more or not watch at all?
Usually two or three. The drama pilots (episode 1) are made to please the people who make a decision on whether to pick up a show. Episode 2 is more of what you are going to get the rest of the season.

How much of a book do you read before deciding it's a waste of your time? One sitting. Left my nonfiction book club because they kept voting for things to read that didn't interest me. I totally agree with the voting being the deciding factor but I'd rather use my reading time to read things I like or am curious about.

If an actor has been a long time character on another show do you still think of that actor by the character's name (as in Tony DNozzo playing Bull or Magnum in Blue Bloods)? Unfortunately, yes.

Has there been a movie or book everyone thinks is so wonderful and you wonder why? Annie Hall immediately comes to mind. Books, I'm much less likely to care what someone else thinks of it. If I want to read it, I'm going to read it. If you like it (not you personally), I don't care. I read book reviews to see if the plot for fiction or subject for nonfiction, sounds like something I'd like not because I care about the reviewer's opinion of it. In some cases, if I know who's giving it a bad review, I'll definitely buy the book or see the movie. Example, a reviewer complains there are too many car crashes and the lead actor is unemotional. I may like car crashes and unemotional male lead characters so I'll want to see the same movie to which he gave a bad review.

Foodie Question(s):
-Chicken salad?
don't eat.
-Egg Salad? don't eat.
-Ham salad? don't eat.
-Tuna salad? don't eat.
-Pimiento cheese spread? don't eat.
-Other mixed sandwich spread, made or bought?

Old 02-09-2021, 09:27 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,575,265 times
Not looking forward to the next few days here in western Ky. We're looking at 1/4-1/2" of ice in the next 24 hours or so. Weatherman says it's not going to be as bad as the ice storm of 2009, but "it ain't looking good." We've had a small generator for a few years that we haven't used. Bought it for camping. I'm going to get it all fueled up in case we need it.

Today's Question(s):

How many episodes of a new tv show do you watch before deciding to watch more or not watch at all? One or two. Hate to talk about a show where the main person just died yesterday, but I watched about 30 minutes of Alaskan Bush People and decided that the best part of that show was the closing credits. I saw on the news that the dad died.

How much of a book do you read before deciding it's a waste of your time? About a chapter.

If an actor has been a long time character on another show do you still think of that actor by the character's name (as in Tony DNozzo playing Bull or Magnum in Blue Bloods)? Yup. Alan Alda will always be Hawkeye and all the other actors from M*A*S*H will be thought of by their characters

Has there been a movie or book everyone thinks is so wonderful and you wonder why? I watched "Soul" on Disney+ a couple weeks ago. Supposed to be a great movie. I hated it! Dumbest thing I've seen in a while.

Foodie Question(s):
-Chicken salad? I've eaten but not a big fan
-Egg Salad? Same as above
-Ham salad? Same
-Tuna salad? I like tuna salad
-Pimiento cheese spread? I can't stand it

Old 02-09-2021, 09:45 PM

21,574 posts, read 8,749,478 times
Today's Question(s):

Thank you, PAhippo!
One (although generally speaking, I don't watch much network TV except for news and documentaries).
I will try to read at least 10 pages.
If an actor has been a long time character on another show do you still think of that actor by the character's name (as in Tony DNozzo playing Bull or Magnum in Blue Bloods)?
I generally don't watch TV series, so I don't have an opinion on this. The last series I followed regularly was the original "Roseanne."
Has there been a movie or book everyone thinks is so wonderful and you wonder why?
I was underwhelmed by the original "Star Wars" movie. The visual effects were impressive, but the story never transcended comic book or fairy tale level. I fell asleep during "The Empire Strikes Back" and never saw any of the subsequent installments.
Foodie Question(s):
-Chicken salad? √
-Egg Salad? √
-Ham salad?
-Tuna salad? √
-Pimiento cheese spread? √
We used to have it on celery sticks as a holiday appetizer.
-O

Thanks, bjh and PAhippo!

Old 02-09-2021, 10:32 PM

44,658 posts, read 61,714,444 times
Today's Question(s):

How many episodes of a new tv show do you watch before deciding to watch more or not watch at all? 1-2.

How much of a book do you read before deciding it's a waste of your time? A few pages or up to a chapter.

If an actor has been a long time character on another show do you still think of that actor by the character's name (as in Tony DNozzo playing Bull or Magnum in Blue Bloods)? No.

Has there been a movie or book everyone thinks is so wonderful and you wonder why? Haven't seen a movie or read a book in years so can't say one way or another.

Foodie Question(s):
-Chicken salad?
-Egg Salad?
-Ham salad?
-Tuna salad?
-Pimiento cheese spread?
-Other mixed sandwich spread, made or bought? Pate, liverwurst.

Wishing everyone a good Wednesday! You all too, thanx...

Old 02-10-2021, 05:39 AM

30,590 posts, read 16,276,313 times

new show- maybe the 1st then one later in the season
old show but new to me-one

about 1/4 of the book

guilty. Especially with the MASH actors. Forgot about that show. And Tom Sellek will always be Magnum no matter what character he plays.

Movies: Moonstruck and Dark Man
Books-Dune

Foodie Question(s):
-Chicken salad? made
-Egg Salad? made
-Ham salad? nope
-Tuna salad? yup
-Pimiento cheese spread? nope

there's a seafood salad sold locally. Never made it but I sure have eaten it.

thanks, bjh
stay warm, everyone.

Old 02-10-2021, 05:43 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,931,673 times
Good morning everyone!

Today's Question(s):

Usually one or two. Latest examples are Mr. Mayor and Schitts Creek. I watched two episodes of these shows and now I feel bad that I've lost two hours of my life.

It varies. The story has to catch me before the feeling of not being into it overcomes me.

Sometimes.

Sure! But that's mostly because I'm just not interested in those topics (Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc.)

Foodie Question(s):
-Chicken salad? Nope
-Egg Salad? Nope
-Ham salad? Nope
-Tuna salad? Nope
-Pimiento cheese spread? Nope
-Other mixed sandwich spread, made or bought? Nope
The only mixture that I like is peanut butter and jelly! I dislike anything with mayonnaise or the other spreads listed.

OK everyone, have a terrific Hump Day!

Old 02-10-2021, 05:48 AM

50,403 posts, read 64,129,909 times
Today's Question(s):

How many episodes of a new tv show do you watch before deciding to watch more or not watch at all? 2 or 3

How much of a book do you read before deciding it's a waste of your time? 1/3

If an actor has been a long time character on another show do you still think of that actor by the character's name (as in Tony DNozzo playing Bull or Magnum in Blue Bloods)? Yes, all the time.

Has there been a movie or book everyone thinks is so wonderful and you wonder why? Just about every Academy Award nominated movie.

Foodie Question(s):

Have you made and/or enjoyed the following in sandwiches or other dishes:
-Chicken salad? Yes
-Egg Salad? Yes
-Ham salad? Yes, with sweet pickles
-Tuna salad? Yes
-Pimiento cheese spread? Yes
-Other mixed sandwich spread, made or bought? Seafood salad

Old 02-10-2021, 06:20 AM

7,381 posts, read 5,495,300 times
Hello and welcome to . . .

Today's Question(s):

How many episodes of a new tv show do you watch before deciding to watch more or not watch at all? one or two

How much of a book do you read before deciding it's a waste of your time? one chapter

If an actor has been a long time character on another show do you still think of that actor by the character's name (as in Tony DNozzo playing Bull or Magnum in Blue Bloods)? Yes. Henry Winkler will always be the Fonz.

yes. Many.

Foodie Question(s):
-Chicken salad?
-Egg Salad?
-Ham salad?
-Tuna salad?
-Pimiento cheese spread?
-O

Wishing everyone a good Wednesday!

Old 02-10-2021, 06:21 AM

2,292 posts, read 1,436,095 times
Today's Question(s):

Minimum: midway through the first. Usually around two episodes at the most.

I've almost been done with a book before suddenly losing interest and putting it away.

Not really. Except for maybe Freddie Highmore. I can't see him as anyone other than young Norman Bates from Bates Motel. He's always Norman.

Yeah, a lot. Star Wars for example. Cannot get into it. The Mandalorian. Couldn't get into that either. I'd be willing to give Mandalorian another chance if I hadn't cancelled Disney Plus. Also the Marvel franchise, but I kind of want to watch WandaVision (again though, Disney Plus).

Foodie Question(s):
-Chicken salad? <----------
-Egg Salad?
-Ham salad?
-Tuna salad?
-Pimiento cheese spread?
-O
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics