Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 10:23 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,385,282 times

Advertisements

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you have any baskets? If so, what do you store in them?
Two plastic laundry baskets and a metal miniature shopping cart basket. Nothing is stored in the laundry baskets and I have pens and pencils in the shopping cart here at my desk.

Facial tissues: do you prefer an oblong box or a cube box?
Oblong.

If you have a pile of magazines, where do you store them (e.g., in a box; on a shelf; on the floor; etc.)?
No magazines.

In your shower: is the shower head stationary or a removable hand-held one?
All stationary except for one in the RV.

Do you use lip balm?
Occasionally when I can find it.

When did you last use sunscreen?
At least 30 years ago.

Do you have a favorite brand of hand cream or lotion?
No favorites. Whatever is close by.

BONUS QUESTIONS

How have you been affected by the huge storm system that's sweeping most of the U.S.?
The worse has been frozen water pipes at night. No blackouts yet but the generator is ready to go.

The large wind turbines in the area are all shutdown as far as I can see. Too cold for them I guess?

Today is Fat Tuesday. Will you be eating any Paczkis?
No and no King Cakes either since leaving New Orleans.

If you have no clue what a Paczki is, what sweet treat might you have today instead?
Ice cream.

Name one or a couple of your favorite things about spring.
Heat, greenery, ice in a glass not in your water pipes and did I mention heat?

Are you hoping to travel out of your area in 2021? Where would you most like to go?
We've been wanting to travel to Mount Rushmore but no plans yet.

Thanks Pam for the questions on this very cold Tuesday morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2021, 12:55 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,031,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
I've never done one of these so I'd like to ask how it's done. I did a "practice" one where I hit the "quote" button at the end of PJ's first post and I was able to type in my answer after each question - is that the correct way to do it? Do I then hit Submit or Reply afterwards?

Just for the record, I really really dislike the cube tissue boxes! I find that when I pull out a tissue towards the end of the box, the whole darn box comes up in my hand!
Go to post #1 and COPY it - go to the last post and REPLY (button on upper left) then PASTE then type in your answers.

Do you knw how to COPY?

Old 02-16-2021, 01:29 PM

3,381 posts, read 1,985,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Go to post #1 and COPY it - go to the last post and REPLY (button on upper left) then PASTE then type in your answers.

Do you knw how to COPY?
Yes indeed Thx!

Old 02-16-2021, 01:34 PM

3,381 posts, read 1,985,053 times
Greetings, one and all. Scroll on down to see what I came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

No baskets.

Always oblong.
If you have a pile of magazines, where do you store them (e.g., in a box; on a shelf; on the floor; etc.)?
No magazines.
Stationary
Do you use lip balm?
No but I do use lipstick
Today
Chanel Coco Noir to go with my perfume
BONUS QUESTIONS

How have you been affected by the huge storm system that's sweeping most of the U.S.?
No
Today is Fat Tuesday. Will you be eating any Paczkis? https://nationaltoday.com/paczki-day/
No
If you have no clue what a Paczki is, what sweet treat might you have today instead?
Had some oatmeal raisin cookies
Flowers Flowers and more Flowers!
Are you hoping to travel out of your area in 2021? Where would you most like to go?
I've done enough traveling to last a lifetime. I'm taking a break.

That's it, boys and girls. Now have yourselves a totally terrific Tuesday and wish me luck shoveling more than a foot of new snow later this morning. And don't forget to commit an act of kindness today.

Old 02-16-2021, 02:11 PM

33,328 posts, read 26,530,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you have any baskets? If so, what do you store in them? I don't have any.

Facial tissues: do you prefer an oblong box or a cube box? I don't use them. I just use a paper towel.

If you have a pile of magazines, where do you store them (e.g., in a box; on a shelf; on the floor; etc.)? I don't have any magazines.

In your shower: is the shower head stationary or a removable hand-held one? Stationary. That is, it's wall mounted but the head can swivel a bit.

Do you use lip balm? I have some but rarely use it.

When did you last use sunscreen? It's been a few years.

Do you have a favorite brand of hand cream or lotion? I like Suave Aloe soothing lotion.

BONUS QUESTIONS

How have you been affected by the huge storm system that's sweeping most of the U.S.? It snowed pretty heavily for El Paso on Sunday. Temperature got down to about 15 degrees. It's still cold today.

Today is Fat Tuesday. Will you be eating any Paczkis? https://nationaltoday.com/paczki-day/ No

If you have no clue what a Paczki is, what sweet treat might you have today instead? Nothing actually.

Name one or a couple of your favorite things about spring. Comfortable temperatures, sunny skies, birds singing.

Are you hoping to travel out of your area in 2021? Where would you most like to go? I'll be staying put.

That's it, boys and girls. Now have yourselves a totally terrific Tuesday and wish me luck shoveling more than a foot of new snow later this morning. And don't forget to commit an act of kindness today.

Thanks PJ.

Old 02-16-2021, 03:38 PM

44,658 posts, read 61,714,444 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you have any baskets? If so, what do you store in them? Yes, we store trash in some, laundry in 2, and a few are decorative with flower arrangements in them.

Facial tissues: do you prefer an oblong box or a cube box? We use both types depending on which room.

If you have a pile of magazines, where do you store them (e.g., in a box; on a shelf; on the floor; etc.)? Magazine rack, junk box, or recycle them.

In your shower: is the shower head stationary or a removable hand-held one? Stationary.

Do you use lip balm? Yes all the time in this dry climate.

When did you last use sunscreen? long ago.

Do you have a favorite brand of hand cream or lotion? CeraVe and Vaseline Intensive Care.

BONUS QUESTIONS

How have you been affected by the huge storm system that's sweeping most of the U.S.? ***No, it's Spring like weather here right now, 70's..

Today is Fat Tuesday. Will you be eating any Paczkis? https://nationaltoday.com/paczki-day/ No.

If you have no clue what a Paczki is, what sweet treat might you have today instead? Carrot cake.

Name one or a couple of your favorite things about spring. Weather, shorts, traveling.

Are you hoping to travel out of your area in 2021? Where would you most like to go? Depending on the Covid-19 situation we may travel back to MN in the summer.

*** shoveling snow, never heard of it.

Old 02-16-2021, 06:35 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,446,533 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS
Do you have any baskets?
Not that I can think of.
Oblong.
No piles of magazines anymore.
Stationary.
Do you use lip balm?
No
Summer
Vaseline Intensive Care
BONUS QUESTIONS
Temperature didn't even reach 20. Snow on the ground and more on the way so that would be a yes.
Today is Fat Tuesday. Will you be eating any Paczkis?
Never heard of
Paczkis.
Had 3 slices of a chocolate orange.
Right now: warm temperatures. I also like all the floral trees we have.
Don't have anything planned, but not adverse to traveling. I wouldn't mind going to Hawaii.

Thanks, Pam.

Old 02-16-2021, 10:11 PM

5,604 posts, read 6,529,837 times
Quote:

TODAY'S QUESTIONS
Do you have any baskets? If so, what do you store in them? Yes. I have a Longaberger basket on display in my kitchen, and have one that is an Easter basket.

Facial tissues: do you prefer an oblong box or a cube box? Either/or, but when I buy in a multi pack it is usually the cubes. And only Puffs. I have lived long enough to have tried all the brands. A complaint about the cubes.....years ago at craft shows I bought 3 holiday crocheted tissue box "cozies" for cubes, tried to use them last year and they no longer fit today's cube tissue boxes, they are now too small to fit.

If you have a pile of magazines, where do you store them (e.g., in a box; on a shelf; on the floor; etc.)? No piles. I recycle or pass them on. I have also donated to the library at my community's community center.

In your shower: is the shower head stationary or a removable hand-held one? removable. Replaced a standard stationary, after using a removable shower head ain't no way I'd go back to stationary.

Do you use lip balm? Only one I use for sore or chapped lips is Blistex medicated in the green tube. Any others of that brand, or Chapstick, are nothing but flavored useless wax.

When did you last use sunscreen? Rarely, and it has been awhile.

Do you have a favorite brand of hand cream or lotion? Gold Bond Hand Cream for hands. It absorbs quickly, no greasy feel and has a light, fresh, pleasant scent. Others leave my hands sticky or don't soften them.

BONUS QUESTIONS

How have you been affected by the huge storm system that's sweeping most of the U.S.? Power outages as described by Elnina, and cold, cold, cold. I don't "do" cold, I can take heat until the cows come home, but I cannot tolerate cold. Who'da thought this kind of weather would occur in Southern Texas, of all places?

Today is Fat Tuesday. Will you be eating any Paczkis? https://nationaltoday.com/paczki-day/ Sorry, didn't even realize what with this weather we are experiencing. So, no.

If you have no clue what a Paczki is, what sweet treat might you have today instead? I know what they are. Am not too impressed by them. Just a filled doughnut, IMO.

Name one or a couple of your favorite things about spring. Texas Bluebonnets!

Are you hoping to travel out of your area in 2021? I am. Going on a trip of a lifetime.Where would you most like to go? My next trip, if I am blessed enough to be able to take one, will be to the Holy Land. I am waiting for one of my favorite pastors to lead it. Pastor Paul Sheppard, are you listening?

Don't give yourself a heart attack! Shoveling snow is notorious for making these happen.

Old 02-16-2021, 11:58 PM

38,951 posts, read 22,954,621 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Yes, wire baskets that I use for keeping paperwork or magazines.
Right now, I have an oblong box.
In the wire baskets mentioned above.
Stationary
Do you use lip balm?
No
Too long ago to remember.
Whatever is on sale.

BONUS QUESTIONS

No, we've been able to escape it, thankfully.
Today is Fat Tuesday. Will you be eating any Paczkis? https://nationaltoday.com/paczki-day/
No, but I wouldn't mind trying them.
Maybe a cookie.
Flowers start blooming in earnest, trees grow green leaves again.
Probably not, as long as this pandemic is going on.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Old 02-17-2021, 10:09 AM

14,812 posts, read 8,142,283 times
Quote:

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Several wicker baskets to store this and that-various little things....and a couple of laundry baskets for, well laundry.
No preference really
Shelf
stationary
Do you use lip balm?
Sometimes, not lately though.
Been forever it seems
I have Aveno(the kind with lavender, oatmeal and ylangylang) and I like it really well.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Yes, Several inches of sleet, several inches of ice, several inches of snow...more coming later tonight and tomorrow! We haven't lost electric or anything though, and still able to get out and about...just went to the grocery earlier. The weather though has been a beast! I like snow....I could do without ice storms though!
I have seen those at the bakery up the street but have never tried them. They sound delicious!
If you have no clue what a Paczki is, what sweet treat might you have today instead?I have never had those! But have seen them at the bakery up the street like I mentioned.
Well, after googling it now I know what they are....I will have to pick some up sometimes, my husband is part Polish and rants on about how great the Polish bakery in Baltimore is, where he grew up...He might like these!
All the green!!!!! Watching the world wake up and come alive again....flowers and trees blooming, birds and bees and little animals all around.

Every season is beautiful in its own way. Spring is one of my favorites, except the allergies!

I am hiding like a hermit here until I get my vaccine!

Take it easy while shoveling all that snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics