Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 07:36 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone. Let's dive right into . . .

Today's Question(s):
I find a plastic bag that has fallen on the floor is particularly slippery, especially on linoleum.
Is there anything you find to be especially slippery on a floor, and/or have you skidded or slipped on anything?

Once everything is cleaned, how long can you go without having to wash clothes?

Here's a challenge. Can you name anything that is still cheap to buy?

Foodie Question(s):
Do you ever have a day of snacking rather than meals, and what might you eat on such a day?

Just to:
Silly or serious: can you name anything(s) NOT suitable to offer in a garage sale?

Happy Wednesday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 07:55 PM

2,291 posts, read 1,434,146 times
I find a plastic bag that has fallen on the floor is particularly slippery, especially on linoleum.
Is there anything you find to be especially slippery on a floor, and/or have you skidded or slipped on anything?

My garage floor in high humidity. Sunday was particularly warm and humid which made the garage floor damp and slippery all day.

That just depends.

I’m not sure.

Foodie Question(s):
Do you ever have a day of snacking rather than meals, and what might you eat on such a day?

Sometimes. Usually on a weekend I’ll often have popcorn for dinner.

Just to:
Silly or serious: can you name anything(s) NOT suitable to offer in a garage sale?

Obviously used underwear. When I was around 13 my grandma had a garage sale and my cousin and I got a pair of underwear, stained it up nice, tore holes in it, completely wrecked it and then put it in among the items for sale.

Old 03-02-2021, 07:59 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimFreebish View Post
. . . Just to:

Obviously used underwear. When I was around 13 my grandma had a garage sale and my cousin and I got a pair of underwear, stained it up nice, tore holes in it, completely wrecked it and then put it in among the items for sale.
Hilarious

Old 03-02-2021, 08:48 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Today's Question(s):
I find a plastic bag that has fallen on the floor is particularly slippery, especially on linoleum. Is there anything you find to be especially slippery on a floor, and/or have you skidded or slipped on anything?
Yes. The deck of a boat in rainy weather and choppy water and ice on cement outdoors.

While I've never tried it, probably a month.

Here's a challenge. Can you name anything that is still cheap to buy? I thought of something last week but can't remember what it was. What makes it cheap isn't so much the cost but that it is something you buy very infrequently like maybe once a year.

Foodie Question(s):
cereal.

Just to:

I haven't been to one since the early 1970s (I hate shopping), so I don't even know what people sell these days at them.

Old 03-02-2021, 08:51 PM

21,552 posts, read 8,733,710 times
Today's Question(s):
Some of my shoes have soles that are slippery on certain surfaces.
I do laundry once a week no matter what.
Aspirin
Foodie Question(s):
Not since I was single. I remember once having a peanut butter sandwich and warmed-over coffee for dinner.
Just to:
Used crossword puzzle books with all the puzzles filled in.

Thanks, bjh!

Old 03-02-2021, 09:52 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,554,390 times
Today's Question(s):
Is there anything you find to be especially slippery on a floor, and/or have you skidded or slipped on anything? I have a pair of sandals I'll wear when I take the dogs out. When it's damp outside, our concrete front porch gets nice and wet. Those sandals have slid me across the porch a few times.

Once everything is cleaned, how long can you go without having to wash clothes? We could go a week. I just wear one outfit a day and have enough clothes to probably go a day or two longer. My wife's pandemic wear is her pajamas so I don't have many outfits from her

Here's a challenge. Can you name anything that is still cheap to buy? If you like sodas, I'll go to the Dollar Tree and buy a 20 oz. bottle, or a 20 oz. can, for $1. Beats the heck out of $2.25 at a convenience store!

Foodie Question(s):
Do you ever have a day of snacking rather than meals, and what might you eat on such a day? I have some frozen personal size pizzas in the freezer and sometime I'll heat up a skillet and fix a grilled bacon and cheese sandwich. Can't forget sitting down with a pack of saltines and a jar of peanut butter! Have been known to have a bowl of cereal or a big bowl of buttered popcorn for supper.

Just to:
Silly or serious: can you name anything(s) NOT suitable to offer in a garage sale? Torn or dirty clothes, old magazines.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:30 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,364,927 times
I'm up again late and snacking before heading back to bed but thought I'd check in at CD for any news that could not wait until tomorrow and I happened to see the QOTD was already up for tomorrow so. . .

Today's Question(s):

Leather soled shoes on spilled water.

Probably about a week.

Still cheap? Hmm? How about air for your car tires that used to be free at the gas station where an attendant would put it in for you, then check the pressure with the station's tire gauge? So now the same air costs a quarter, you put it in yourself and you check it with a tire gauge you bought at a garage sale for $2.00. That's still pretty cheap isn't it?

Foodie Question(s):
Not really but sometimes breakfast may be the only real meal I eat. Unless it's a night like tonight where I wake up before midnight and head to the kitchen for a lite snack that is.

Just to:
A broken tire gauge?

Great questions BJH.

Good night all.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:54 PM

44,636 posts, read 61,653,458 times
Today's Question(s):
I find a plastic bag that has fallen on the floor is particularly slippery, especially on linoleum. Is there anything you find to be especially slippery on a floor, and/or have you skidded or slipped on anything? Wet shoes, banana peel, rubber ducky.

I have at least a 10 day supply of clean clothes, but we still wash clothes once a week.

Here's a challenge. Can you name anything that is still cheap to buy? Most things at the Dollar Stores. Cheap cheap cheap.

Foodie Question(s):
Do you ever have a day of snacking rather than meals, and what might you eat on such a day? No snacking substitute for meals here. We usually have a small afternoon snack just before the dinner meal, like pop corn or some peanuts.

Just to:
Worn tennis shoes with holes in the soles.

Happy Wednesday! You too...

Old 03-03-2021, 01:15 AM

61,753 posts, read 87,217,162 times

Today's Question(s):

Obviously a banana peel.
Most of my shoes have leather soles and are pretty slippery on linoleum floors.

Several weeks. I have lots of stuff. Many outfit combinations, bed sheets, towels, underwear etc.

Walmart junk, Dollar Store crap etc.

Foodie Question(s):

Very seldom. I rather stick to proper meals, snaking doesn't keep me satisfied. I would probably eat sandwiches, pizza, instant soup, pancakes, fruit, nuts,

Just to:

Broken, unrepairable junk. Torn, stained clothes. Books missing pages...

Happy Wednesday!

Thank you, bjh!!

Old 03-03-2021, 05:50 AM

7,372 posts, read 5,486,812 times

Today's Question(s):
Is there anything you find to be especially slippery on a floor, and/or have you skidded or slipped on anything? water

a week
lots of stuff, go to a Dollar Tree store.
Foodie Question(s):
Do you ever have a day of snacking rather than meals, and what might you eat on such a day? I always eat a meal along with the snacks.

Just to:
used underwear

Happy Wednesday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics