Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 10:43 PM

44,381 posts, read 20,099,777 times

Advertisements

Today’s Questions:

What have you accomplished last week? Logged a lot of steps (80k) on my Fitbit; did my usual volunteer work at the dog shelter; transported a couple of elderly friends to doctor appointments.

What is something you hope to accomplish this week? More of the same plus some yard work, since we're having a stretch of warmer weather. It's so nice to be able to do work out in the yard!

Do you know your blood type? Yep. It's AB+. Only 3% of the U.S. population has AB+. I don't know why I got the rare stuff, as the rest of my family have A+.

Are there any foods you won’t eat? Most melon (cantaloupe, muskmelon, honeydew). I'm a pretty adventurous diner, but can't stand the taste or even the smell of most melons. Watermelon is the exception.

What language would you like to learn, and why (computer programming languages count, too)? I'd love to learn Polish.

What are three or four things you don’t have? (comical answers welcome) A beard; a Mercedes convertible; weight proportionate to my weight.

Word of the Day:
cavil /kăv′əl/
intransitive verb to argue or find fault over trivial matters; raise petty objections.
noun A carping or trivial objection.
Interesting; a new word to me.

Quote of the Day:
“It’s easier to rip somebody to shreds while you’re making them laugh.”
- Wanda Sykes

Today Is:
National Grammar Day Mi grammer is jest fine, thank yew.
Holy Experiment Day (a day to try something religious)
Hug a GI Day
World Obesity Day
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 03-12-2021, 08:15 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,012,486 times
Today’s Questions:
What have you accomplished last week?
Cleaned house, went grocery shopping, washed the car...Oh wait that was all in a dream. Sat around the house eating stinky cheese and drinking cheap beer.

What is something you hope to accomplish this week?
Clean house. (I hope this every week)

Do you know your blood type?
Wet and red.

Are there any foods you won’t eat?
Beets, Several other yucky veggies.

What language would you like to learn, and why (computer programming languages count, too)?
It is not looking like I will ever be known for having bi-lingual talents.

What are three or four things you don’t have? (comical answers welcome)
Winning lottery numbers
A shoe size smaller than my IQ
My very own private jet
A 600 foot private yacht
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics