Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 12:55 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,401,959 times

Advertisements

Good Morning

Today's Question(s):
Is it ever okay NOT to keep a confidence? Yes

Bonus:
"I like the quiet of Joshua Tree National Park ." I was there just before sunrise--it was quiet, silent, not one sound-no birds, no crickets--just silence. First time in all my years experiencing such silence. It was peaceful.

Foodie Question(s):
Name one or more (allegedly yucky) vegetables to put on Alaskan Mutt's plate: Eggplant

What will you supply Mutt with to make veggies tastier? Cheese, lots of cheese

Just to:
What kind of thing(s) could you spend a few hours of fascination reading about? So many non fiction books are fascinating. Dark--but reading about the Holocaust, prison system. History of National Parks. explorers.

Thursday, Thursday--enjoy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2021, 04:51 AM

50,406 posts, read 64,141,570 times
Today's Question(s):
Is it ever okay NOT to keep a confidence? Yes, it is sometimes OK, if someone might be harmed, or harm others.

Bonus:
"I like the quiet of the early morning."

Foodie Question(s):
Name one or more (allegedly yucky) vegetables to put on Alaskan Mutt's plate: Baked acorn squash with butter and brown sugar.

What will you supply Mutt with to make veggies tastier? A nice bottle of Makers Mark.

Just to:
What kind of thing(s) could you spend a few hours of fascination reading about? I can spend hours reading cookbooks.

Old 10-14-2021, 05:40 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,790,630 times
Today's Question(s):
Is it ever okay NOT to keep confidence? sure

Bonus:
"I like the quiet of the house in the evening with no TV on."

Foodie Question(s):
Name one or more (allegedly yucky) vegetables to put on Alaskan Mutt's plate: turnip

What will you supply Mutt with to make veggies tastier? butter

Just to:
What kind of thing(s) could you spend a few hours of fascination reading about? gardening or science

Old 10-14-2021, 05:45 AM

126,310 posts, read 19,099,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Let us know all about it in . . .

Today's Question(s):
Is it ever okay NOT to keep a confidence? Yes it depends on the situation

Bonus:
"I like the quiet of the forest."

Foodie Question(s):
Name one or more (allegedly yucky) vegetables to put on Alaskan Mutt's plate: Steamed broccoli,onion and carrots

What will you supply Mutt with to make veggies tastier? Beer braised vegetable taste divine.I would bring him some craft beer

Just to:
What kind of thing(s) could you spend a few hours of fascination reading about? I love reading cooking/baking books and all about hiking trails

Thank you bjh

Old 10-14-2021, 06:22 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,099,822 times
Thank you so much, bjh!

Is it ever okay NOT to keep a confidence? Well, we're not priests and not bound to a vow of silence regarding confessions. I would say if someone tells you something really serious that impacts other people, you have a moral obligation to keep other people from harm. USE THIS OBLIGATION VERY SPARINGLY HOWEVER.

"I like the quiet of early morning, any time of year."

Name one or more (allegedly yucky) vegetables to put on Alaskan Mutt's plate: Brussel sprouts.

What will you supply Mutt with to make veggies tastier? I would toss the brussel sprouts in a mixture of sriracha, honey, and soy sauce. Or at least deliver the brussel sprouts with a side of the mixture and recommend it!

What kind of thing(s) could you spend a few hours of fascination reading about? Anything related to European history. My goal in life is to go back to England and go mud rucking, so I would love to read about things people have found sort of randomly in the UK especially.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:41 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,032,438 times

Today's Question(s):
Is it ever okay NOT to keep a confidence? Only if it would harm them or someone else. Have you ever made the mistake of telling someone something you wanted them to keep quiet and the minute it was out of your mouth you knew you just made a mistake? Their eyes light up with excitement and they just can't wait their mouth.

Bonus:
"I like the quiet of _early morning - like 4 a.m._The birds are beginning to chirp but it's a good quiet.

Foodie Question(s):me one or more (allegedly yucky) vegetables to put on Alaskan Mutt's plate: Smoushed brussel sprouts

What will you supply Mutt with to make veggies tastier? A big steak

Just to:
What kind of thing(s) could you spend a few hours of fascination reading about? Ocean critters especially dangerous ones; crime stories; animal rescues

Old 10-14-2021, 06:45 AM

30,595 posts, read 16,281,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Is it ever okay NOT to keep a confidence?

yes.

Bonus:
"I like the quiet of ___being alone__________________________."

Foodie Question(s):
Name one or more (allegedly yucky) vegetables to put on Alaskan Mutt's plate:

creamed spinach.

What will you supply Mutt with to make veggies tastier?

There is no covering up the yukkiness of creamed spinach. However, if you give him enough cheap beer, he may not notice.

Just to:
What kind of thing(s) could you spend a few hours of fascination reading about?

quilters and other creative type people. Nature stuff.

thanks, bjh. You might want to think about moving. After Mutt accumulates all those yukky veggies, he may just package them up and send them to you.

Old 10-14-2021, 07:20 AM

7,381 posts, read 5,496,398 times

Today's Question(s):
Is it ever okay NOT to keep a confidence? If a child tells you something that needs investigating then no you don’t let that be confidence.

Bonus:
"I like the quiet of the night in the country_."

Foodie Question(s):
Name one or more (allegedly yucky) vegetables to put on Alaskan Mutt's plate: eggplant

What will you supply Mutt with to make veggies tastier? cheese sauce
[b]
Just to:
What kind of thing(s) could you spend a few hours of fascination reading about? History.

Old 10-14-2021, 07:45 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,662 posts, read 81,421,151 times
Today's Question(s):
Is it ever okay NOT to keep a confidence? Yes, when keeping it will cause harm to someone.

Bonus:
"I like the quiet of _____our home most of the day and night________________________."

Foodie Question(s):
Name one or more (allegedly yucky) vegetables to put on Alaskan Mutt's plate: Okra, anything canned.

What will you supply Mutt with to make veggies tastier? Steamer

Just to:
What kind of thing(s) could you spend a few hours of fascination reading about? Humorist outdoorsman stories, such as Patrick McManus.

[/quote]

Old 10-14-2021, 09:16 AM

24,518 posts, read 26,062,884 times
Today's Question(s):
Is it ever okay NOT to keep a confidence?
Yes, I'd say someone violating national security like spying would be a good reason.

Bonus:
"I like the quiet of laying on the top deck of a house boat at night in Annies Canyon watching the stars."

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=annies+can...0e346e26f7.jpg

Foodie Question(s):
Name one or more (allegedly yucky) vegetables to put on Alaskan Mutt's plate:
Canned spinach and asparagus.

What will you supply Mutt with to make veggies tastier?
A 12 pack of cheap beer to wash it down.

Just to:
What kind of thing(s) could you spend a few hours of fascination reading about?
Places to go and thing to do in the SW US.

Thanx bjh cool Q's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics