Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 06:51 PM

41 posts, read 50,087 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=2]Do you agree with Joanne - give a detailed explanation

Stacy discovered six months ago that the 99 cent stores sell beautiful blouses and sweaters for 99 cent. Many are name brands and some aren’t. She has gotten many beautiful blouses and sweaters at the 99 cent store and she now just buys pants at major department stores. However, in the last two years she never really gave anything away and two days ago she decided to go thru her summer and winter clothes and give away what she hates or is in bad shape. Stacy gave away a total of 30 bags of clothes. She still has a lot of clothes but not like the way she had before.

After cleaning out her drawers and closet Stacy started to get anxious and started to think “Oh my God am I in the future going to do what I did in the last two years not give anything away and accumulate clothes that are in bad shape; (2) And because fashion experts say if you haven’t worn something in awhile you should give it away. SO will I give it away because of what fashion experts say even though I don’t want to. And the reason I don’t want to is because I still like the item and it is still in good shape”

So Stacy called her friend Joanne and told Joanne what Stacy is anxious about. Joanne said “You are not thinking rationally. What you are thinking is not going to happen. In the future you know you are going to give things away and only give the things away you don’t like or are in bad shape. So if you don’t want to feel anxious then just wear everything that you have in your closet and when an item is in bad shape then give it away.”

[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 06:57 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Did Joanne or Stacy delete this post at Yahoo Answers?

Old 05-18-2008, 07:13 PM

27,343 posts, read 27,395,534 times
I kinda got lost about halfway through the first paragraph. Sorry.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:05 PM

1,252 posts, read 2,645,661 times
How much do these blouses cost?

Old 05-18-2008, 09:59 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
For the love of God. How do you come up with this stuff. I'm still trying to figure out if your Stacy or Joanne! What was the question again? Oh yeah...

If Stacy can't think for herself then she may as well call whats her face and ask for advice. And then take that advice. And if she's not going to take Joannes advice then she should quit calling her. Because she is getting really PO'd with all this 20 questions thing every other day.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:59 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
I think Joanne's suggestion that Stacy wear everything in her closet and give away things as they get in bad shape is a great plan for Stacy. Now that Stacy's given away 30 bags of clothes this should be doable.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:33 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
i believe this 99 cent blouse story already happened on another thread--except it was about stacy and her mom.
now these women seriously sound half brain dead to me, and stacy has some anxiety issues over clothing while there is a war, a possible depression, famine, disease etc etc going on in the world--
seriously what is the point of these ridiculous stories??

Old 05-19-2008, 07:30 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,024,764 times
But maybe Stacey should give her clothes to Marie or Yvette if they are skinny enough.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:37 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
Talking Reflux Redux

[SIZE=2]I think CD needs to add a new forum for this tripe.

Possible titles:

Lurkers Corner
Examples of the dumbing down of America
Threads you don't need to read
Trolls and what they do
Uninteresting Crap
I have no life, how about you?
An argument against the Internet
No sense nonsense
Wasting your time
Druids and Fluids
People who shouldn't be allowed on the Internet
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS ONE I STARTED ANOTHER ONE WITH THE SAME DRIVEL

I deleted it from Yahoo Answers because no one answered

[/SIZE]

Had to edit this because once again we have a match ladies and germs!

KWAK Word of the day:
obtrude \uhb-TROOD; ob-\, transitive verb:
1. To thrust out; to push out.
2. To force or impose (one's self, remarks, opinions, etc.) on others with undue insistence or without solicitation.

Last edited by Tek_Freek; 05-19-2008 at 07:46 AM..

Old 05-23-2008, 06:50 AM

539 posts, read 2,102,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lover454 View Post
[SIZE=2]Do you agree with Joanne - give a detailed explanation
[/SIZE]
Oh! Please don't ever stop posting these questions! I really enjoy the giggles I get from these threads. Thanks so much lover454 for the laughs! And thanks to everyone who replies, laughter is the best medicine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics