Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 10:48 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,147 posts, read 30,451,689 times

Advertisements

Hey, everyone. KathrynAragon indicated she would not be posting this week so I am posting some Wednesday Questions.

Today's Question(s):
What chores or tasks are you expecting to do this Wednesday?

What's the last thing you bought just for the fun of it?

We probably all have DVDs, CDs or even VHS but how often do you sit down and watch or listen to any?

Foodie Question(s):
About how old were the oldest expired foods you've come across at home?

Can you give us a for instance of any foods you took the risk or any you threw out?

Was the risk worth it or ever not worth it?

Your Question(s):
If you are already a QotD host who asks questions, please feel free to skip. I don't want to "steal" anyone's questions.
If you want, enter a question or questions you'd like to see asked on the Questions of the Day (QotD)?

Have a happy happy.

Last edited by bjh; 12-28-2021 at 11:02 PM.. Reason: don't want to steal any questions, except for Alaskan Mutt's :p
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2021, 11:11 PM

30,598 posts, read 16,281,037 times
Today's Question(s):

clean the bathroom and recycling center this afternoon.

a new sweatshirt. I need a new sweatshirt like whats-her-name needs another pair of shoes.

We probably all have DVDs, CDs or even VHS but how often do you sit down and watch or listen to any?

no VHS tapes but CDs and DVDs every day.

Foodie Question(s):

not sure but old enough to be put out of their misery.

Can you give us a for instance of any foods you took the risk or any you threw out?

tossed the fuzzy yogurt and petrified bread.

hate being sick so not worth it

Your Question(s):
If you want, enter a question or questions you'd like to see asked on the Questions of the Day (QotD)?

combining 2 animals like elepotamus or giraffagator. give spellcheck something useful to do.

Have a happy happy.

Old 12-29-2021, 12:30 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,074,974 times
Today's Question(s):
Laundry

What's the last thing you bought just for the fun of it? I ordered a book called The Babylon Bee Guide (a satirical website) To Wokeness. It's been on back order for almost 2 months.

We probably all have DVDs, CDs or even VHS but how often do you sit down and watch or listen to any? Every night I listen to at least one CD I burned myself on my CD player right before I go to sleep. Sometimes I wake up with my headphones still on.

Foodie Question(s):
Can't even guess.

Can you give us a for instance of any foods you took the risk or any you threw out? I've thrown out meat I didn't cook before the expiration date. Butter and salad dressing, too.

Was the risk worth it or ever not worth it? Didn't risk it.

Your Question(s):
If you are already a QotD host who asks questions, please feel free to skip. I don't want to "steal" anyone's questions. If you want, enter a question or questions you'd like to see asked on the Questions of the Day (QotD)?

1) Not counting Christmas and Thanksgiving, for what holiday are you most likely to plan something in advance of the holiday?

2) What is your current favorite genre (comedy, drama, action, sci-fi, horror, nonfiction, biography, rock, jazz, country, rap, pop, etc.) for:

Movies
Books
Television
Music

What was it when you were 16?

Movies
Books
Television
Music

Give us a favorite title of yours for each. You can give more than 1 if you can't decide.

3) What is your least favorite QOTD subject?

4) Name 3 - 5 categories or sub-categories in the C-D General Forums you are pretty sure you'll never post in. Why?

5) Besides the problem for which you are visiting a doctor, what is the thing(s) you like least about a doctor visit?

6) Post any YouTube video/link you think is funny.

Last edited by LauraC; 12-29-2021 at 12:39 AM..

Old 12-29-2021, 12:44 AM

21,577 posts, read 8,751,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Hey, everyone. KathrynAragon indicated she would not be posting this week so I am posting some Wednesday Questions.
Thank you, bjh!

Today's Question(s):
I will be taking Mr. Bay to see his primary care physician for a routine follow-up visit.
A kaleidoscope.
Not very often. We only have a CD player in the car or in an old boombox we don't use except when the power is out. You can't just pop in a DVD or VHS in and play it on our TV. First you have to change the video and audio settings on the remote, which is kind of a hassle.
Foodie Question(s):
In the fridge the other day I found a bottle of chili sauce that expired in 2010. Some of my spices and herbs are older than that and really should be thrown out.
I take the risk with yogurt because it is generally good for a few weeks past the sell-by date.
It's usually worth it.
Your Question(s):
If you are already a QotD host who asks questions, please feel free to skip. I don't want to "steal" anyone's questions.
Instead of skipping, I'll just say that I prefer questions which reveal something about the person rather than yes/no questions or "How many _____ do you own?"

Thanks for filling in, bjh!

Old 12-29-2021, 12:58 AM

3,085 posts, read 1,689,816 times
Quote:

Today's Question(s):
What chores or tasks are you expecting to do this Wednesday? Going to UPS to return an Amazon order - they sent the wrong item. Also, to change my Xmas table-top decor to a NY's look.

What's the last thing you bought just for the fun of it? Last week I decided to be A Kid For a Day. I went to the toy section at Macy's to buy whatever toy appealed to me, and I would play with it later at home. I still haven't played with it (there's a story behind that). The chosen toy? A paint-spinner set where you squirt paint onto a piece of cardboard and spin designs into it.

We probably all have DVDs, CDs or even VHS but how often do you sit down and watch or listen to any? ALL of them. The VHS, not as often.

Foodie Question(s):
About how old were the oldest expired foods you've come across at home? Too old to mention here. And, yes, I threw them out.

Can you give us a for instance of any foods you took the risk or any you threw out? Not afraid of canned goods or boxed dry good if they're a little older than the expiration date. Meats of any kind, no. I really don't like to keep frozen meat longer than six months.

Was the risk worth it or ever not worth it? Can't remember getting sick from anything like that (that I know of).

Your Question(s):

Have a happy happy.
Thanks, BJH!

Old 12-29-2021, 01:06 AM

44,658 posts, read 61,722,489 times
Today's Question(s):
What chores or tasks are you expecting to do this Wednesday? Grocery shopping, p/u prescriptions at drug store, Home Depot for a planter pot saucer.

What's the last thing you bought just for the fun of it? A remote control race car and then I gave it away to a young kid for an Xmas present.

We probably all have DVDs, CDs or even VHS but how often do you sit down and watch or listen to any? VHS it has been years, CD's almost daily, DVD's a few times a year.

Foodie Question(s):
About how old were the oldest expired foods you've come across at home? Everything is fairly new, we don't stock things that sit for a long time.

Can you give us a for instance of any foods you took the risk or any you threw out? n/a

Was the risk worth it or ever not worth it? n/a

Old 12-29-2021, 01:45 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,064,180 times

1. I have 8 retaining axle bolts to take out and put blue lock-tite on them. Moving parts, so deathly important to.
2. post office, gotta go inside
3. cook the spiral ham I purchased, tomorrow because the kid may not be home for New Years

turkey jerky and special "skeleton" gloves

The CDs I paid a nephew in law to rip for me to .mp3 format. So no CDs for me.
The VCR I intentionally jettisoned in the last move.
DVDs, if you do a comparison on Blu-Rays and "Amazon Prime streaming 4K" the Blu-Rays are way better. I only own "1 box" of DVDs, but I watch my old favorites a few times a year. I would never go about "intentionally buying more", because that would be a repeat of the CD/VCR problem above.

When I moved, I buried some bottles of salad dressing in the back of the pantry. I pulled it out just last year and said "I aint eating no Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing that expired in 2018"

My mother had some close calls with food poisoning in my preteen youth. I am still cautious to this day.
If something is hermetically sealed in a can, I'll still use it... but anything like green fuzzy mold on a flour tortilla or cheese, I cry in mock outrage but I toss it in the trash. Unless I am on a "cereal kick", I usually pour the last 20% of milk down the drain, citing 3 days past the date... sometimes the nose says toss it on the date.
The moment I detect any "slimy" on mushrooms or spinach into the trash you go.
I only buy 2 bananas at a time. Once they get the cheetah spots... I cant

I used to have a composting bin with red wigglers and oh how my "pet worms" loved all my vegetable scraps. Now I dont have a composting bin, so I make a face everytime I throw something out now.

colorful kid-band-aids (Candy Crush, Winnie the Pooh, Snoopy designs) -
only for kids? Or would you use them as an adult?

Old 12-29-2021, 04:27 AM

14,816 posts, read 8,145,319 times
Quote:

Today's Question(s):
Cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, laundry, vacuuming, more if I can muster up the energy

some slipper socks and new pajamas.
Never really...stream things now, or listen to mp3's and you tube for music
Foodie Question(s):
We are pretty good at using almost everything before it expires.

There is a bottle of French's mustard in the fridge that expired last week. I am sorry, but I used it and it is still perfectly fine.
No one is sick from it so far.
Your Question(s):

Have a happy happy.

Old 12-29-2021, 05:24 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,932,887 times
Good morning to all! Thanks for the fill-in questions today, BJH!

Today's Question(s):
Today is a regular workday, so I'll be hard at it till 5PM.

Some discounted bags of Reeses Peanut Butter christmas tree candy.

We just donated a few boxloads of these type items last week. Kept my CD and cassette collections for now, as well as some homemade VHS tapes (kids party's, vacations, etc.). Plan to convert them all to digital format at some point.

Foodie Question(s):
Not too sure. I like to buy the marked down meats and freeze them, but sometimes we forgot to do that, so we wind up trashing the expired stuff.

Two packs of ground chicken we had in the freezer for "too long". I'd rather trash anything questionable versus risk eating it.

I don't take risks with food.

Your Question(s):

Do you read your horoscope daily, periodically, or ever at all?

That's it for me today. Hope everyone has a terrific day!

Old 12-29-2021, 06:13 AM

7,252 posts, read 7,101,025 times
Today's Question(s):

Well my daughter leaves today to head back to college out of state. Today I will be cleaning her room and bathroom.

Clothes. I rarely buy clothes for myself but I went on a bit of a binge and got several tops, a skirt and some shorts.

Not often. We've almost stopped buying them and stream instead.

Foodie Question(s):

When we last moved I definitely found stuff that was a couple years expired in the back of the pantry.

I tossed them. No need to die over a can of bad tuna.

Not worth it.

Your Question(s):
If you want, enter a question or questions you'd like to see asked on the Questions of the Day (QotD)

Best vacations, unusual talents, scandalous family members, alien life - yes or no, champagne for new years? Fastest you've ever driven, do you make a budget? Clothing failures, favorite sandwich, exotic animal you would like to own, do you name your car? What was the first R rated movie you watched? Favorite scent? How many mirrors do you own? Worst date you've been on? Has your fortune cookie ever been right? Favorite way to eat a potato, last meal you ate out, favorite cocktail, fanciest restaurant you've been to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics