Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2007, 09:27 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times

Advertisements

Alright, alright! I've learned my lesson about posting copyrighted material on this forum! As such, I'd like to tell you about a recent AP article I read that truly exemplifies the best that humanity has to offer.

Around 12:45 PM today, an 18-year-old male, who was standing along the subway tracks waiting for an incoming train to the Bronx, suffered some sort of medical problem and passed out, falling several feet down onto the subway tracks just as a train was entering the station. Without thinking, another man, Wesley Autrey, of Manhattan, rushed down on top of the man and rolled the two of them into a narrow pit in between the two rails, in which they were just two inches below the undercarriage as the incoming train passed over them. The rescued man was taken to a hospital for treatment of his medical condition, and Mr. Autrey refused treatment at the scene. When he emerged from beneath the subway cars, he was greeted with applause, cheers, and hugs from other commuters who had witnessed the entire ordeal and had thought the worst when the train came in on top of them.

In my humble opinion, Mayor Bloomberg should truly give this man the key to the city or something for his courage and selflessness. He left the side of his two daughters to risk his own life to save that of a stranger with mere seconds to spare. Not that bad of a story for "rude New Yahkers", is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2007, 09:47 PM

454 posts, read 905,333 times
A hero indeed. The least he did was to show is girls what it means to take care of your fellow man. That will live with them for their lifetime.

On a humorous note, the first thought I had was the similarity to the rescue mande in the movie "while you were sleeping".

Old 01-02-2007, 10:01 PM

331 posts, read 2,108,765 times
that is amazing... and you have to ask yourself...

Would I do that for a stranger???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics