Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 08:17 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,001,860 times

Advertisements

Greetings. Almost forgot it was time to do the QOTD crappy questions. I was getting in the Jeep to go for a drive when I remembered it was my day to do them. So, in the rush to come up with questions, these questions might be some of the crappiest ever.

Saturday's Questions:

-Have you ever used a maid service to clean your home?

-Have you ever worked for a maid service cleaning homes?

-Did you have a part time job while you were still in school?

-Green olives or Black olives?

-Do you eat really spicy foods?

-You are having company over for dinner and you want cake for dessert. Do you bake one at home or buy one from the store?

Well, that's all. Time now to decide if I still want to go for a drive or stay home and have a cheap beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 08:27 PM

3,108 posts, read 1,002,933 times
Never.
No.
Yes. (worked as a tutor)
No preference.
No, just mild and not often.
-You are having company over for dinner and you want cake for dessert. Do you bake one at home or buy one from the store?
Bake one at home. I never buy cake from the store, I find it horrible. I can't eat it, even if they gift it to me, for free. (But I never want cake for dessert, I would rather make some crapes or a smoothie or a light pudding).

Old 07-15-2022, 08:41 PM

35,016 posts, read 16,972,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Greetings. Almost forgot it was time to do the QOTD crappy questions. I was getting in the Jeep to go for a drive when I remembered it was my day to do them. So, in the rush to come up with questions, these questions might be some of the crappiest ever.

Saturday's Questions:

-Have you ever used a maid service to clean your home? I think once, we used heavy-duty cleaners

-Have you ever worked for a maid service cleaning homes? No

-Did you have a part time job while you were still in school? Yes, in senior year High School and Junior and Senior years college.

-Green olives or Black olives? Green

-Do you eat really spicy foods? Yes, my son and I compete for amount of exotic foods eaten.

-You are having company over for dinner and you want cake for dessert. Do you bake one at home or buy one from the store? n/a, wife does that

Well, that's all. Time now to decide if I still want to go for a drive or stay home and have a cheap beer.
Answers in quote box.

Old 07-15-2022, 09:07 PM

11,364 posts, read 9,277,086 times
Saturday's Questions:

-Have you ever used a maid service to clean your home? - I once lived at a place that had it. Thought it was great!
I also used a one time move out a few times to insure I would get my entire security deposit back from various apartments I rented.

-Have you ever worked for a maid service cleaning homes? - Nope

-Did you have a part time job while you were still in school? - Yes, and in my senior year of high school I worked 2 jobs. I don't know how I managed but I wanted to move out of my parents home very badly.

-Green olives or Black olives? - I like both. Given that choice I will choose black.

-Do you eat really spicy foods? - Don't.

-You are having company over for dinner and you want cake for dessert. Do you bake one at home or buy one from the store? - Almost zero chance of that happening. To play along I would buy a couple of slices.

Thanks for your time and enjoy your evening!

Old 07-15-2022, 10:08 PM

37,796 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Saturday's Questions:

-Have you ever used a maid service to clean your home? I use one now for things I can no longer physically do like kneel, get up on a stepladder or chair or lift anything heavy.

-Have you ever worked for a maid service cleaning homes? No

Do you eat really spicy foods? . Just orange beef (Chinese).

-Did you have a part time job while you were still in school? Several: Tutor of reading and math to a fifth and 6th grader, waitress and sometimes candy counter cashier in five and dime - Grants, Macy's checker in fitting room, before graduating from high school and another part time job while in college in DC - file clerk in an insurance investigation company.

-Green olives or Black olives? Neither

-You are having company over for dinner and you want cake for dessert. Do you bake one at home or buy one from the store? buy

Rate this post positively
Most of the time I can't because I don't post enough and I get the message that I have to spread it around more before I give it to (insert name here) again. One QOTDer I would rather give reps to in the Photography forum if I'm going to be limited.

Old 07-15-2022, 10:25 PM

61,659 posts, read 87,041,175 times

Saturday's Questions:

Yeah. Most of my life I had housekeeper coming weekly or bimonthly. I am working crazy hours and traveling a lot, but like my house tidy.

Nah. Wouldn't be good at it.

No. First time in a grad school.

None. Too salty.

Yes, I do. Not fire spicy but nicely balanced.

Depends who is the company. Formal? I get a fancy cake from a fancy specialty bakery. Informal? I bake my own.

Way too hot to be doing anything. Have a nice, cool beer at home! Thank you, AM!

Last edited by elnina; 07-15-2022 at 10:58 PM..

Old 07-15-2022, 11:20 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,532,479 times
Saturday's Questions:

-Have you ever used a maid service to clean your home? Nope, but step granddaughter came over to help clean house while my wife was in the hospital with bypass surgery

-Have you ever worked for a maid service cleaning homes? Nope

-Did you have a part time job while you were still in school? I had several. Not at the same time though

-Green olives or Black olives? Neither

-Do you eat really spicy foods? Nope, and I don't eat kinda spicy foods either

-You are having company over for dinner and you want cake for dessert. Do you bake one at home or buy one from the store? Depends on the mood I'm in. lol

Old 07-16-2022, 12:07 AM

6,854 posts, read 4,850,706 times
No maid service, but I am thinking about it.

No I have never worked as a maid.

Yes to part time job while in school.

Black olives.

Spicy food is the best!

I bake. I have won prizes for cake. Yes, I am tooting my own horn.

Old 07-16-2022, 01:12 AM

21,535 posts, read 8,719,477 times
Saturday's Questions:

No, I haven't.
No, but there are times when I feel like a maid service in my own house.
No, I didn't. I babysat or took in ironing for extra money.
Black, but I also like green.
No, I have tried to be a good sport but I really can't tolerate extremely spicy dishes.
I'm a fairly decent baker, but I think I would buy one for a company dinner because there are some really excellent bakeries around here that do a better job than I could and decorate them beautifully, too.

Thanks, Mr. Mutt!

Old 07-16-2022, 01:41 AM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
Saturday's Questions:

-Have you ever used a maid service to clean your home? Have for the past 30 years.

-Have you ever worked for a maid service cleaning homes? No.

-Did you have a part-time job while you were still in school? Yes, worked in a cafe as a pearl diver for a while and also worked in a drive-in movie theater one year.

-Green olives or Black olives? Neither.

-Do you eat really spicy foods? Only spicyia meatballs.

-You are having company over for dinner and you want cake for dessert. Do you bake one at home or buy one from the store? Buy.

Well, that's all. Time now to decide if I still want to go for a drive or stay home and have a cheap beer. Cheaper to have a beer than drive these days.

Rate this post positively mutt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics