Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 06:52 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,393,718 times

Advertisements

OK, no lie, I just got up a little while ago, piddling around, and finally wandered in to my office to check on the questions for today, and just now realized "OMG, IT'S WEDNESDAY, IT'S MY DAY TO POST QUESTIONS!"

So here goes:

1. What skill would you like to master, and why?

2. If you had a boat, what would you name it?

3. If animals could talk, which one do you think would be the rudest?

4. What would you recommend a person trying to attain happiness do and why?

5. What movie title best describes your life?

6. Who is the most interesting person you've ever had a conversation with and why did you find them so interesting?

7. If you could go back in time and give your parents advice before you were born, what advice would you give them?

8. What were the last two books you read?

9. What's the hardest lesson you've ever learned?

10. What three objects you own do you value the most?

That's all I got - HAPPY HUMP DAY! Still hacking up a lung over here. I am so, so tired of coughing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 07:01 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,795,658 times
1. What skill would you like to master, and why? piano

2. If you had a boat, what would you name it? Unsinkable

3. If animals could talk, which one do you think would be the rudest? our cats

4. What would you recommend a person trying to attain happiness do and why? turn the telly off and be yourself

5. What movie title best describes your life? It's a Wonderful Life

6. Who is the most interesting person you've ever had a conversation with and why did you find them so interesting? not sure, plenty of choices

7. If you could go back in time and give your parents advice before you were born, what advice would you give them? you don't need more kids

8. What were the last two books you read? don't recall the titles

9. What's the hardest lesson you've ever learned? ?

10. What three objects you own do you value the most? tablesaw, tractor, brain

Old 04-27-2022, 07:05 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,393,718 times
1. What skill would you like to master, and why? I would love to master gardening but I don't want to invest the time into going to the classes. So there's that.

2. If you had a boat, what would you name it? The Scout. Because of Scout in To Kill A Mockingbird and also because I would always be scouting adventures in it!

3. If animals could talk, which one do you think would be the rudest? Oh, definitely a cat. Definitely. Possibly a badger.

4. What would you recommend a person trying to attain happiness do and why? "How can I add value to the lives of others?" That's what I recommend.

5. What movie title best describes your life? Postcards From The Edge

6. Who is the most interesting person you've ever had a conversation with and why did you find them so interesting? Hands down, the most interesting person I ever met was my husband. He was a terrific conversationalist and had a life story for every single event, and he was charming and funny and articulate and handsome - and yet always, always humble. I don't know how he did it but he did it.

7. If you could go back in time and give your parents advice before you were born, what advice would you give them? I would tell them that what runs through my mom's side of the family is MENTAL ILLNESS, not eccentricity - AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Address it or DON'T GET MARRIED!

8. What were the last two books you read? Dress Code by Veronique Byland and The Confession Club by Elizabeth Berg.

9. What's the hardest lesson you've ever learned? I've learned that everything that happens in our life has a purpose and that we will be perfected by experiences so LEARN THE LESSON so it's not repeated!!!!!

10. What three objects you own do you value the most? Oh I learn this every tornado season, when I gather up the three things I value the most and put them in my small windowless interior room - I love my grandmother's quilt that is over 100 years old and signed by every mother, grandmother, mother in law and great grandmother in her life, starting with her great grandmother's square done in 1909 BEFORE MY GRANDMOTHER WAS EVEN BORN. I also cherish the little porcelain statuette of The Virgin Mary that my very protestant grandmother had hidden in her belongings. Finally, I always grab my purse, because it has lots of valuable information in it that I might need.

Old 04-27-2022, 07:09 AM

11,423 posts, read 9,353,326 times
OK, no lie, I just got up a little while ago, piddling around, and finally wandered in to my office to check on the questions for today, and just now realized "OMG, IT'S WEDNESDAY, IT'S MY DAY TO POST QUESTIONS!" - Appreciate your time, Kathryn. Thanks for posting them!

So here goes: - Okay!

1. What skill would you like to master, and why? - IDK

2. If you had a boat, what would you name it? - I don't want one. If I had one I'd sell and share the money with two people I know (one IRL and one on the net) who really need money right now.

3. If animals could talk, which one do you think would be the rudest? - Since I never had a pet...

4. What would you recommend a person trying to attain happiness do and why? - A positive frame of mind will help, even in hopeless and depressing situations. Find a way to rise above the negativity.

5. What movie title best describes your life? - Up In Smoke (Cheech & Chong)

6. Who is the most interesting person you've ever had a conversation with and why did you find them so interesting? - Nothing really sticks out.

7. If you could go back in time and give your parents advice before you were born, what advice would you give them? - I would have told my father to pull out, especially since he was unfit to be a parent...

8. What were the last two books you read? - It's been a while...

9. What's the hardest lesson you've ever learned? - IDK if I have anything for this, nothing I could share anyway...

10. What three objects you own do you value the most? - My car, bed, and computer.

That's all I got - HAPPY HUMP DAY! Still hacking up a lung over here. I am so, so tired of coughing. - Yikes! Feel better soon!

Last edited by John13; 04-27-2022 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: added something

Old 04-27-2022, 07:50 AM

7,272 posts, read 7,149,551 times
OK, no lie, I just got up a little while ago, piddling around, and finally wandered in to my office to check on the questions for today, and just now realized "OMG, IT'S WEDNESDAY, IT'S MY DAY TO POST QUESTIONS!"

So here goes:

Cooking. I can put edible food on the table but I'm no cook.

Sunny June

Camels. They just look like they would be a*holes.

Do what you want and stop caring what others might think.

Is there a movie called Missed Opportunities?

6. Who is the most interesting person you've ever had a conversation with and why did you find them so interesting?

I knew a guy who was really smart - like off the charts smart. He seemed to have unique takes on whatever subject was being discussed. And yet he wasn't condescending.

7. If you could go back in time and give your parents advice before you were born, what advice would you give them?

Get it in writing! Without boring everyone, there was a death with no will that caused a long, expensive lawsuit.

Go Tell the Bees I Have Gone and Fear.

Don't take your health for granted.

A ring that belonged to my mother. An antique bed. A painting my daughter made.

That's all I got - HAPPY HUMP DAY! Still hacking up a lung over here. I am so, so tired of coughing.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:02 AM

126,435 posts, read 19,194,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

So here goes:

1. What skill would you like to master, and why? I would love to know more about woodwork,love the smell of wood. When I was younger my father and I used to sit in the garden and carve something out of natural or oddly shaped tree roots

2. If you had a boat, what would you name it? Carpe Diem

3. If animals could talk, which one do you think would be the rudest? No idea...maybe a goose

4. What would you recommend a person trying to attain happiness do and why? Get involved in volunteer work,helping others in need,regular exercising/out door activities,eat healthy,enjoy the little things in life,have a set gameboard night with family or friends,maintain long-life friendships and so much more

5. What movie title best describes your life? No idea

6. Who is the most interesting person you've ever had a conversation with and why did you find them so interesting? I can not narrow it down to just one person.Most recently a neighbor and I were talking about his ranch in Alberta in the foothills of the Rockies,his horses,farm life and more.Time just flew by....

7. If you could go back in time and give your parents advice before you were born, what advice would you give them? I don't know......

8. What were the last two books you read? I don't have much time reading books these days,but looked up things in a garden book and cooking/baking book

9. What's the hardest lesson you've ever learned? In order to stay healthy one has to stick with the commitment eating and exercising every day, no matter if you feel like or not!

10. What three objects you own do you value the most? Sentimental value...My grandmothers handwritten letters to me,handwritten cook/baking book from my grandmothers and mother,my kids artwork throughout their life and more.......

Thank you Kathryn and speedy recovery for you!

Old 04-27-2022, 08:05 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,874 posts, read 81,907,203 times
So here goes:

1. What skill would you like to master, and why? Welding. I have done some and it worked but has been a bit ugly.

2. If you had a boat, what would you name it? "Money Pit II"

3. If animals could talk, which one do you think would be the rudest? Racoons

4. What would you recommend a person trying to attain happiness do and why? Be yourself and don't worry about what others think. Worrying makes for unhappiness and wrinkles.

5. What movie title best describes your life? "Rain Man" - Not that I'm at all like anyone in the movie, just that the title suits me. I love the rain, one big reason for moving here to the Seattle area. In fact where we live we get 60" of rain annually, 20" more than in Seattle.

6. Who is the most interesting person you've ever had a conversation with and why did you find them so interesting? My late father-in-law. He had a fascinating variety of jobs, and I loved hearing stories of his days moving houses and moving huge boats to the water from the warehouses where they were built.

7. If you could go back in time and give your parents advice before you were born, what advice would you give them? Don't get married. Of course I wouldn't be here, but it would have saved my mother a lot of grief.

8. What were the last two books you read? I cannot remember the names, but one was by Graham Norton, the other by Anthony Bourdain.

9. What's the hardest lesson you've ever learned? It's not good to be a small business owner when a major recession hits.

10. What three objects you own do you value the most? My 1974 Nova, my F150, and my 150 year-old Western Hemlock bonsai.

Old 04-27-2022, 08:06 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,642,908 times
1. What skill would you like to master, and why? Carpentry. I'd like to make something out of wood besides sawdust

2. If you had a boat, what would you name it? Finally Mine

3. If animals could talk, which one do you think would be the rudest? Cat

4. What would you recommend a person trying to attain happiness do and why? Don't try too hard. You might have happiness and don't realize it because you're trying to hard

5. What movie title best describes your life? It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Poet Jesse Stuart. Really enjoyed his poetry and his books about growing up in eastern Kentucky
Not a bit. They did just fine
8. What were the last two books you read? A couple of Hardy Boys Mysteries

9. What's the hardest lesson you've ever learned? Don't spend money so fast

10. What three objects you own do you value the most? My dad's medals from WWII, his book about his time in WWII, and some of the pillows and aprons my mother made

Old 04-27-2022, 08:20 AM

30,776 posts, read 16,409,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

So here goes:

writing, as in fictional stuff

Maggie McGee

woodchuck aka groundhog. nasty animals

stop trying and accept it

not a movie person. no idea

too many to mention. almost everyone has an interesting story to tell.

I wouldn't presume. They did their best.

Beyond Their Years by Scotti Cohn-stories of Civil War children
Book of Cold Cases by Simone St James-ghost story sort of

to be me

couldn't even begin...

Thanks, Kathryn. feel better soon

Old 04-27-2022, 08:49 AM

9,782 posts, read 14,352,117 times
I'd like to learn more about computers, and how to fix error issues. I have to call my software people almost every week, with some kind of question.

2. If you had a boat, what would you name it? "That Damn Boat"

3. If animals could talk, which one do you think would be the rudest? Cats, definitely

4. What would you recommend a person trying to attain happiness do and why? I'm no expert on that.

5. What movie title best describes your life? ? Not a movie buff

6. Who is the most interesting person you've ever had a conversation with and why did you find them so interesting? President George W. Bush, our 43rd President. I had the pleasure of introducing him as a speaker, at a club meeting. Before he went on stage, I sat in a back room with him and his secret service people. We talked about his life, his path to the Presidency, and his family. He was a delightful, humorous, interesting person!

7. If you could go back in time and give your parents advice before you were born, what advice would you give them? They never needed my advice. They taught me great work ethic, and an appreciation for little things.

8. What were the last two books you read? Can't remember. Haven't read a book in many years.

9. What's the hardest lesson you've ever learned? I'm too trustworthy. I haven't conquered that yet.

10. What three objects you own do you value the most? My late husband's wedding band, I.D. bracelet, and our wedding picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics