Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 05:34 AM

50,519 posts, read 64,480,575 times

Advertisements

I hope all you mothers had a nice Mother’s Day. I hope all you non mothers did too. I also hope you placed a bet on the long shot at the Kentucky Derby.

Today is:
National Lost Sock Memorial Day

May we have a moment of silence for all the lost socks over the years.

Do you have a place where you keep odd socks in hopes that it’s partner shows up?
How long will you wait until you pitch them?

Today is also: National Blonde Brownie Day.
Here’s a recipe for you:
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/10...h-brownies-ii/

Otherwise:
What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen?

What’s the strangest thing in your refrigerator?

What was your favorite toy growing up?

You are having a good friend over for dinner. What are you making?

What do you own a ridiculous amount of?

What is a meal in which the leftovers are better than the original?

Today’s funny:

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. God is watching."
Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of blonde brownies. A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples."

Have a good week, y’all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2022, 05:51 AM

11,426 posts, read 9,356,197 times
I hope all you mothers had a nice Mother’s Day. I hope all you non mothers did too. I also hope you placed a bet on the long shot at the Kentucky Derby. - LOL. About 2 months ago I almost hit an 80-1 shot at Charles Town, WV. He came in a good 2nd, just running out of room for the win. Yes, I did include the Place and Show.

Here is my commentary written after Saturday's race if anyone is interested:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/63397618-post4.html

Today is:
May we have a moment of silence for all the lost socks over the years. - Yes! appropriate timing for this too. Off all the ones I had to lose too and it is lost forever. I noticed it missing when I pulled my clothes out of the commercial washer. It was going to be hang dried. I retraced my steps and came up empty.

Do you have a place where you keep odd socks in hopes that it’s partner shows up? - They are in a plastic bag. I'm holding on to this one just in case.

How long will you wait until you pitch them? - I still have a few.

Here’s a recipe for you:
- I lack space and no one to share.

Otherwise:
What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen? - La Jolla in San Diego, CA. The mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire is a close 2nd.

What’s the strangest thing in your refrigerator? - N/A

What was your favorite toy growing up? - No memory of that. It seems I only remember the bad stuff...

You are having a good friend over for dinner. What are you making? - Not happening here.

What do you own a ridiculous amount of? - Nothing.

What is a meal in which the leftovers are better than the original? - Can't think of a thing.

Thanks and have a good week too!

Old 05-09-2022, 05:53 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,968,315 times
Hello to all! Thanks for QOTD, Gentlearts...

Today is:
I wonder where they all go....

Do you have a place where you keep odd socks in hopes that it’s partner shows up?
On top of my armoire.

How long will you wait until you pitch them?
A couple of weeks

Here’s a recipe for you:
Yum!

Otherwise:
What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen?
Probably the Canadian Rockies

What’s the strangest thing in your refrigerator?
A thermometer

What was your favorite toy growing up?
Matchbox cars

You are having a good friend over for dinner. What are you making?
Ribs

What do you own a ridiculous amount of?
Office supplies

What is a meal in which the leftovers are better than the original?
Lasagna. Made a tray last night for Mother's Day dinner. Can't wait for lunchtime today.

Have a great day, everyone!

Old 05-09-2022, 05:59 AM

126,436 posts, read 19,199,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I hope all you mothers had a nice Mother’s Day. I hope all you non mothers did too. I also hope you placed a bet on the long shot at the Kentucky Derby.

Today is:

Do you have a place where you keep odd socks in hopes that it’s partner shows up? I never loose socks
How long will you wait until you pitch them? Once they are worn through I use them for polishing or cleaning items

Here’s a recipe for you:

Otherwise:
What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen? For me it always will be a breathtaking mountain view,especially the first thing in the morning or when the sun sets

What’s the strangest thing in your refrigerator? Nothing really

What was your favorite toy growing up? My Lego sets and my bicycle

You are having a good friend over for dinner. What are you making? Maybe lentil patties,garlic buttered naan,beet,onion and carrot salad (with an olive oil,Dijon mustard,red wine vinegar,toasted ground caraway seeds,salt/black pepper and chopped dill vinaigrette).For dessert fruit salad ( pomegranate,oranges,pink grapefruits,bit of vanilla sugar and a shot of Grand Marnier.

brown cooked lentils
toasted pumpkin seeds
egg
bread crumbs
finely chopped onions,ginger,garlic,green chili
ground walnuts
chopped cilantro
grated potato
sour cream

What do you own a ridiculous amount of? I have a large NHL ice hockey collection

What is a meal in which the leftovers are better than the original? Lentil and bean soups

Today’s funny:

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. God is watching."
Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of blonde brownies. A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples."

Have a good week, y’all.
Thank you gentlearts

Old 05-09-2022, 06:30 AM

7,417 posts, read 5,526,746 times
Today is:

Do you have a place where you keep odd socks in hopes that it’s partner shows up? I keep them in a drawer
How long will you wait until you pitch them? Maybe a month or so

Here’s a recipe for you:

Otherwise:
What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen? Orient Beach, St. Maarten

What’s the strangest thing in your refrigerator? Some kind of fancy beer we will never drink that my daughter bought at Christmas.

What was your favorite toy growing up? Color forms

You are having a good friend over for dinner. What are you making? Lasagna and garlic bread.

What do you own a ridiculous amount of? Shoes

What is a meal in which the leftovers are better than the original? Spaghetti

Thank you!

Old 05-09-2022, 07:23 AM

1,421 posts, read 646,790 times
Today is National Lost Sock Memorial Day
May we have a moment of silence for all the lost socks over the years. …………..omm

Do you have a place where you keep odd socks in hopes that it’s partner shows up? …………….Yes
How long will you wait until you pitch them?…………….infinity and beyond beyond.

Here’s a recipe for you:

Otherwise:
What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen?………….Tie: Machu Picchu / Angkor Watt

What’s the strangest thing in your refrigerator?…………..canned baby eels

What was your favorite toy growing up?……….cowboy hat, gun belt and spurs.

You are having a good friend over for dinner. What are you making?…………Picadillo, rice and black beans, salad with avocado and onion, sea salt and EVOO, side of fried plantains or yuca with garlic in EVOO

What do you own a ridiculous amount of?………….chocolate and nuts.

What is a meal in which the leftovers are better than the original?…………every meal we make from scratch tastes better after a day or two

Today’s funny:

Have a good week, y’all.

A good one to one and all.

Old 05-09-2022, 07:43 AM

1,877 posts, read 858,928 times

Do you have a place where you keep odd socks in hopes that it’s partner shows up? Next to the partnered socks, cause it won't be long before another sock vanishes. At that point a new pair is made and all is right in the world.

How long will you wait until you pitch them? Never!

Here’s a recipe for you:

Otherwise:
What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen? Either the top of a snowy Mt. Rose, NV (near Lake Tahoe) or Sea Grit, NJ.

What’s the strangest thing in your refrigerator? Cinnamon peanut butter. Probably expired by now.

What was your favorite toy growing up? Hot wheels and Legos

You are having a good friend over for dinner. What are you making? Fish and chips or maybe spaghetti.

What do you own a ridiculous amount of? Still have a few hundred Hot wheels & Matchbox cars.

What is a meal in which the leftovers are better than the original? Turkey on it's own or with vegetables.

Old 05-09-2022, 08:29 AM

27,443 posts, read 27,478,895 times
I don’t worry too much about losing socks because we usually pin them together with safety pins before they go into the washer.
I’ve seen many beautiful places in my long haul days. But the one in particular I thought was most attractive was Provo Canyon in Utah.
I’ve put lipstick in the icebox to keep it firm.
Good friend over for supper, would probably be ribs and baked taters.

Happy Monday.

Old 05-09-2022, 08:30 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,874 posts, read 81,934,353 times
Today is:

Do you have a place where you keep odd socks in hopes that it’s partner shows up? No
How long will you wait until you pitch them? They usually turn up within a day, stuck on the drum of the washer.

Here’s a recipe for you:

Otherwise:
What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen? Hurricane Ridge, in spring, and the Olympic National Park.
https://www.nps.gov/olym/learn/photo...otogallery.htm

What’s the strangest thing in your refrigerator? 5 year old sourdough starter.

What was your favorite toy growing up? Wheel-O.

You are having a good friend over for dinner. What are you making? Pulled Pork, potato salad, BBQ Beans.

What do you own a ridiculous amount of? Tools. Can't find one I need? Buy another.

What is a meal in which the leftovers are better than the original? Split Pea soup, Chili.

Old 05-09-2022, 08:55 AM

9,784 posts, read 14,356,123 times
Do you have a place where you keep odd socks in hopes that it’s partner shows up? On top of the dryer
How long will you wait until you pitch them? 2-3 weeks

Here’s a recipe for you:
No thanks. I'm off sweets, for the most part.

Otherwise:
What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen? Dolphins playing along the shoreline of the Atlantic Ocean near us....usually around the time the sun goes down

What’s the strangest thing in your refrigerator? Nothing strange

What was your favorite toy growing up? Paper Dolls

You are having a good friend over for dinner. What are you making? Fruit Salad with poppy seed dressing, Lasagna, Sour Dough bread, Cheese Tray, Wine

What do you own a ridiculous amount of? Cranberry Juice

What is a meal in which the leftovers are better than the original? Cabbage Rolls, Spaghetti

Today’s funny:

Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of blonde brownies. A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples." Funny!

Have a good week, y’all. Yeah, Georgia!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics