Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 10:35 AM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,096 posts, read 30,387,317 times

Advertisements

Posting really early because it won't be easy to get back online this evening or tomorrow morning.
Pace yourselves or feel free to ignore these until tomorrow.

Today's Question(s):
Would you rather be somewhere you feel too cool or too warm?

Do you have any plans for the upcoming April 8th eclipse that will be crossing the US from Texas to Maine?

Inside or out, are there any lights you routinely leave on overnight?

Today's Foodie Question(s):

"A side dish of ________________ goes with practically anything."

Can you describe any foods or drinks served by relatives on visits or holidays, good or not so good ?

Ciao.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2024, 10:47 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Thanks as always for the questions.

Would you rather be somewhere you feel too cool or too warm? Both have their advantages and drawbacks. Am I paying the the climate control?

Do you have any plans for the upcoming April 8th eclipse that will be crossing the US from Texas to Maine? Thanks. I had the wrong date.

Inside or out, are there any lights you routinely leave on overnight? Driveway light and nightlights.

"A side dish of onion rings goes with practically anything."

Can you describe any foods or drinks served by relatives on visits or holidays, good or not so good I've had some truly inedible food prepared by my FIL's wife. But I love her anyway.

Old 03-20-2024, 10:56 AM

5,581 posts, read 6,506,670 times
Today's Question(s):
Would you rather be somewhere you feel too cool or too warm? Too warm. I am in the minority as I like heat rather than cold.

Do you have any plans for the upcoming April 8th eclipse that will be crossing the US from Texas to Maine? No. NBD. Eclipses have been promoted since I was a kid. Nothing new here.

Inside or out, are there any lights you routinely leave on overnight? No. I like dark for sleeping.

"A side dish of __mashed potatoes______________ goes with practically anything."

Can you describe any foods or drinks served by relatives on visits or holidays, good or not so good ? Sister-in-law always made some kind of cranberry salad that I didn't care for, yet I like cranberry sauce.

Old 03-20-2024, 11:29 AM

126,274 posts, read 19,045,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Posting really early because it won't be easy to get back online this evening or tomorrow morning.

Today's Question(s):
Would you rather be somewhere you feel too cool or too warm?...........At the moment we have gusty,cold,snowy weather on this very first day of spring and I am longing for warmer weather

Do you have any plans for the upcoming April 8th eclipse that will be crossing the US from Texas to Maine? ........No

Inside or out, are there any lights you routinely leave on overnight? .......I have outside solar lights

"A side dish of GREEN CHILE/CUCUMBER RAITA goes with practically anything."

Can you describe any foods or drinks served by relatives on visits or holidays, good or not so good ? ...... Traveling to the Punjab/India we received at our arrival "Chabeel" ( rose-water syrup, ice and milk drink) and for me it tasted awful

Ciao.

Thank you bjh

Old 03-20-2024, 11:34 AM

6,867 posts, read 4,863,645 times
I am like baby bear....I want everything just right. I don't like being either too cold or too hot. I suppose I would rather be too hot if I had to be one or the other.

I have seen eclipses, and I don't think it's going to be anything special in my area, so I won't even bother to look.

I leave a light on in the kitchen. It's over the sink and doesn't use much energy. I think it's just habit, leftover from when we might be returning home in the dark. The outside lights go on by sensors. I can remember my family leaving a porch light on overnight when I was a child.

A side of peas goes with most anything.

Holiday turkeys! Yum!

Old 03-20-2024, 12:12 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
Today's Question(s):
Would you rather be somewhere you feel too cool or too warm? I prefer between 60-70F, but my wife prefers 75-80. While we do compromise some she is not going to get her wish in winter when we have a high heating bill, 72 is about it. Even then we can get up to $350. In summer I can keep the AC down to about 74.

Do you have any plans for the upcoming April 8th eclipse that will be crossing the US from Texas to Maine? No, it will not be visible anywhere near us, I may look at pictures online but I've seen partials before and the 2017 total so it's just not a big deal.

Inside or out, are there any lights you routinely leave on overnight? Outside, there are two porch lights, and two above the sides of the garage doors, one is a motion-activated floodlight. Inside everything is off all night until a timer brings on one at 4am so I can see when I go downstairs.

"A side dish of __French fries______________ goes with practically anything."

Can you describe any foods or drinks served by relatives on visits or holidays, good or not so good ?
One Christmas we had 3 different guests bring green bean casseroles. We have had relatives bring appetizers that were way too salty. On the good side, our son is a competitive pit master, and when we go there or he brings BBQ here it's amazing. So far he has taken a 3rd and a first in local events.

Old 03-20-2024, 09:23 PM

12,842 posts, read 868,353 times
Pace yourselves or feel free to ignore these until tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of us.

Today's Question(s):
Would you rather be somewhere you feel too cool or too warm? Too cool, for sure.

Do you have any plans for the upcoming April 8th eclipse that will be crossing the US from Texas to Maine?
No I do not. Maybe I'll buy some lottery tickets though.

Inside or out, are there any lights you routinely leave on overnight? No.

"A side dish of _Cheesy garlic herb biscuits__ goes with practically anything."

Can you describe any foods or drinks served by relatives on visits or holidays, good or not so good?
I enjoy most everything I am served.

Ciao.

Old 03-20-2024, 09:58 PM

21,543 posts, read 8,724,324 times
Today's Question(s):
I'd prefer a cool climate because I can always put on a jacket or sweater. When it's too hot, I can only take off so much without getting arrested.
No, but I hope to be able to see it.
Yes, the overhead light in our bedroom. It's on a dimmer. We leave it on the lowest setting overnight because Mr. Bay's vision is poor, and it helps him see better when he has to get up at night (which is often). We also have night lights in the bathroom, hallway and bedroom.

"A side dish of sliced tomatoes goes with practically anything."

Good: My mother's pancakes
Not so good: Her "No-Bake Fruitcake," a godawful combination of crushed graham crackers, sugar, margarine, rum flavoring and candied fruit. It was sickeningly sweet and heavy as a brick.

Thanks, bjh!

Old 03-21-2024, 12:03 AM

44,628 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Today's Question(s):
Would you rather be somewhere you feel too cool or too warm? Warm and hot for me. Anything below 70 is too cold for me. I'm a desert rat.

Do you have any plans for the upcoming April 8th eclipse that will be crossing the US from Texas to Maine? No, normal day as usual. Won't be seen in our area and I wouldn't want to burn my eyes anyway. Mybe see it on TV news that evening.

Inside or out, are there any lights you routinely leave on overnight? Outside security lights on sensors and low 7 watt bath lights on sensors.

"A side dish of mixed fruit goes with practically anything."

Can you describe any foods or drinks served by relatives on visits or holidays, good or not so good ? Daughter in law makes a fabulous lasagna dish. Don't recall anyone bringing a bad dish.

Ciao. Arrivederci...

Old 03-21-2024, 01:02 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Too cool. I hate being too hot.
No.
Outside we have some solar lights, porch light left on if someone is out for the night.
I sometimes leave a small light on in the kitchen....I prefer dark though when I sleep!

"A side dish of vegetables goes with practically anything."

Just the regular turkey and fixings for Thanksgiving and Christmas. My Son sometimes bakes for Christmas and makes some fantastic desserts.

Ciao.
Thanks for the questions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics