Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 11:00 AM

5,581 posts, read 6,506,670 times

Advertisements

Today's Questions:

Since Summer is about to kick into high gear do you have any trips planned? No. I had planned a "trip of a lifetime" end of 2020 for June 2021. In March 2021 it got postponed to July 2022. At the beginning of this year it was decided my roommate and I could not make it after all so I was blessed to have the tour company buy it back from me, so I have been reimbursed in full. Disappointing but maybe some day in the future......

Unrelated to first question - is there an upcoming event you are looking forward to? Everything no matter how small counts! No.

First thing that come to mind - a personal favorite summertime memory (or series of memories) from long ago: Childhood memories of going to the beach on a day trip occasionally. Always enjoyed those times.

What is your favorite thing about Summer? Fall follows. Fall in my favorite season.

Bonus:

The last time you went out to eat what did you order? Okay just to mention the main course. Chinese. Was hungry for steak/beef so got the beef/pepper steak entree.

Please name a song you haven't heard in a while, popped into your head, and looked up on the internet to listen to, or a last song or artist that you played from your personal collection? Was in a business the other day, a song I had not heard since the 80's came on, brought back bittersweet memories, now, several days late, it just popped into my head and I can't shut it off.

Thanks in advance for participating and have a wonderful Wednesday! You, too. Thanks for the fun questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2022, 11:10 AM

27,343 posts, read 27,395,534 times
Trips? Yes. We have a family trip planned.
And the upcoming event is the reason for our trip this summer.
Happy Wednesday….

Old 05-18-2022, 11:53 AM

12,261 posts, read 2,966,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
My apologies if the Wednesday Questions are about to be posted. I have a feeling they are not and I am not sure when Kathryn is coming back. I thought I read somewhere 3 weeks total but not sure.!
Thank you for subbing, John. I had wondered about this last night but Pam said two weeks so I was trying to stay out of the way. Any assigned Qotd poster should really have the consideration to arrange their own substitutes while making it clear exactly how long they're needed instead of abandoning their post when they feel like it and leaving others to pick up the slack.

No trips and events planned.

Summer memories are of being outside a lot.

Last restaurant meal was grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans from a local diner.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:31 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times
Hi Hi

Since Summer is about to kick into high gear do you have any trips planned? Have a trip planned to go across the big pond (Atlantic Ocean) for the beginnning of June

Unrelated to first question - is there an upcoming event you are looking forward to? Everything no matter how small counts! Minnesota State Fair--will be going this year!

First thing that come to mind - a personal favorite summertime memory (or series of memories) from long ago: Playing badminton in the back yard

What is your favorite thing about Summer? Fresh vegetables from our small garden and pretty flowers from our garden.

Bonus:

The last time you went out to eat what did you order? Okay just to mention the main course. Stopped at the local bagel shop and bought a bagel with cream cheese.

Please name a song you haven't heard in a while, popped into your head, and looked up on the internet to listen to, or a last song or artist that you played from your personal collection? "Watching the River Run", Kenny Loggins

Thanks for stepping up to the plate and posting the QOTD John!

Old 05-18-2022, 05:01 PM

21,541 posts, read 8,724,324 times
Today's Questions:

Since Summer is about to kick into high gear do you have any trips planned?
Mr. Bay can't travel any more due to health issues, so no.
Unrelated to first question - is there an upcoming event you are looking forward to? Everything no matter how small counts!
I am hoping to attend my annual high school reunion picnic in August. It was canceled in 2020 and 2021 due to you-know-what.
First thing that come to mind - a personal favorite summertime memory (or series of memories) from long ago:
Playing Skee Ball at the game arcade in Capitola, a beach resort.
What is your favorite thing about Summer?
Longer days.
Bonus:
The last time you went out to eat what did you order? Okay just to mention the main course.
Salad, veal piccata, white wine, cheesecake.
Please name a song you haven't heard in a while, popped into your head, and looked up on the internet to listen to, or a last song or artist that you played from your personal collection?
"Daydream" Lovin' Spoonful

Thanks for filling in, John13!

Old 05-18-2022, 07:43 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
Today's Questions:

Since Summer is about to kick into high gear do you have any trips planned? - Nope.

Unrelated to first question - is there an upcoming event you are looking forward to? Everything no matter how small counts! - Going to see the band The Who on Monday! I have a front row seat in the Club section right next to the stage. Really looking forward to the event! They were my first favorite band when I was a kid and I've seen them 7 times scattered throughout the years. The last time was in 2002. I love old rockers!

First thing that come to mind - a personal favorite summertime memory (or series of memories) from long ago: - Summer day camp near where I grew up was the only part of my childhood I enjoyed. Went age 8-12.

What is your favorite thing about Summer? - I remember a time when I hated Summer but that was back in the day when I drove a delivery truck with no A/C. Liked office work so much better. It was a strange transition and it happened by accident.

Less clothes to wear and outdoor activities is what I like the best.

Bonus:

The last time you went out to eat what did you order? Okay just to mention the main course. - Indian lunch buffet yesterday.

Please name a song you haven't heard in a while, popped into your head, and looked up on the internet to listen to, or a last song or artist that you played from your personal collection? - It's been in my head for a while now. Maybe should have added that but I did look up this gem by Kate Bush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk-4lXLM34g

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to answer today's QOTD!

Old 05-18-2022, 08:40 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,387,317 times
Today's Questions:
Nope, too much going on at home.
Unrelated to first question - is there an upcoming event you are looking forward to? Everything no matter how small counts!
None that I know of.
First thing that come to mind - a personal favorite summertime memory (or series of memories) from long ago:
Riding bikes, climbing trees, swimming, ice cream, watermelon . . .
More sunlight, less cold.

Bonus:
The last time you went out to eat what did you order? Okay just to mention the main course.
Barbecue brisket.
Please name a song you haven't heard in a while, popped into your head, and looked up on the internet to listen to, or a last song or artist that you played from your personal collection?
Posted ZZ Top's song Sharp Dressed Man the other day.

Thanks in advance for participating and have a wonderful Wednesday!
Thanks, John. What is going on with the Wednesday Qs?

Old 05-19-2022, 11:15 AM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
My apologies if the Wednesday Questions are about to be posted. I have a feeling they are not and I am not sure when Kathryn is coming back. I thought I read somewhere 3 weeks total but not sure. So without further ado... Thanks for filling in, John!

Today's Questions:

Since Summer is about to kick into high gear do you have any trips planned? Yep. A trip to Athens to catch a cruise with several Greek isles and two ports in Turkey on the itinerary.

Unrelated to first question - is there an upcoming event you are looking forward to? Everything no matter how small counts! In mid-June, the annual "Pup Crawl," a charity event to raise money for the dog shelter where I volunteer.

First thing that come to mind - a personal favorite summertime memory (or series of memories) from long ago: Every summer when I was growing up, my family and a couple other families would pool their resources and rent a cottage near a lake. We had nine kids in all, and we had such a blast! We fished and played in the water for hours on end, and we'd walk down the unpaved road to a little general store where we'd buy penny candy. We felt so grown up, walking to the store without our parents. Ah, how I miss those sweet, innocent, happy times.

What is your favorite thing about Summer? More hours of daylight.

Bonus:

The last time you went out to eat what did you order? Okay just to mention the main course. Night before last I went out with my boyfriend, and we both ordered coconut shrimp. It was delicious!

Please name a song you haven't heard in a while, popped into your head, and looked up on the internet to listen to, or a last song or artist that you played from your personal collection? Jupiter from The Planets by Gustav Holst.

Thanks in advance for participating and have a wonderful Wednesday! Thanks a heap for filling in, John. Nice job!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 05-19-2022, 05:25 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,003,579 times
Today's Questions:

My sister and I will take a couple days going somewhere. Have not decided when or where.

I think I will go up and bum a few frozen daquiris from my sister

In 1967 we went to the Ozark Mountains.

Being retired, summer is not my favorite time of year. Too hot. Late fall us what I look forward to. Cool fall days. Leaves changing colors.

Bonus:

Been a very long time since I went out to eat

Please name a song you haven't heard in a while, popped into your head, and looked up on the internet to listen to, or a last song or artist that you played from your personal collection?\
N/A

Thanks in advance for participating and have a wonderful Wednesday!
Thanks John. Great questions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics