Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 07:02 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times

Advertisements

My apologies if the Wednesday Questions are about to be posted. I have a feeling they are not and I am not sure when Kathryn is coming back. I thought I read somewhere 3 weeks total but not sure. So without further ado...

Today's Questions:

Since Summer is about to kick into high gear do you have any trips planned?

Unrelated to first question - is there an upcoming event you are looking forward to? Everything no matter how small counts!

First thing that come to mind - a personal favorite summertime memory (or series of memories) from long ago:

What is your favorite thing about Summer?

Bonus:

The last time you went out to eat what did you order? Okay just to mention the main course.

Please name a song you haven't heard in a while, popped into your head, and looked up on the internet to listen to, or a last song or artist that you played from your personal collection?

Thanks in advance for participating and have a wonderful Wednesday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2022, 07:37 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,048,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
My apologies if the Wednesday Questions are about to be posted. I have a feeling they are not and I am not sure when Kathryn is coming back. I thought I read somewhere 3 weeks total but not sure. So without further ado...

Today's Questions:

Since Summer is about to kick into high gear do you have any trips planned? Yes visiting family/friends within Canada

Unrelated to first question - is there an upcoming event you are looking forward to? Everything no matter how small counts! We have Victoria long weekend coming up

First thing that come to mind - a personal favorite summertime memory (or series of memories) from long ago: In my childhood summer trips to my uncle and aunt who lived on an Austrian alpine farm.It was a wonderful time and memory

What is your favorite thing about Summer? Spending time in the garden,go horseback riding,long distance cycling with friends and family,hiking trips and more

Bonus:

The last time you went out to eat what did you order? Okay just to mention the main course. It has been a while since I ate out

Please name a song you haven't heard in a while, popped into your head, and looked up on the internet to listen to, or a last song or artist that you played from your personal collection?

Under the Silver Moon

Thank you John and a good Wednesday to you too!

Old 05-18-2022, 07:46 AM

1,370 posts, read 614,135 times

Good Morning. Thank you for subbing Kathryn. This is the thread I first read in the AM. Regards to Kathryn if in contact,

So here it goes

Today's Questions:

Since Summer is about to kick into high gear do you have any trips planned? Yes. A wedding overseas, and perhaps book a trip we had to cancel due to COVID. We have a credit we need to use up as they did not return our money at hotel.

Unrelated to first question - is there an upcoming event you are looking forward to? Everything no matter how small counts! Hoping to have lunch sometime this summer at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY. It's a great experience if anyone is near or visiting the area. The old and quaint Village of Rhinebeck, The Vanderbilt Mansion, FDR's summer home are nearby.

First thing that come to mind - a personal favorite summertime memory (or series of memories) from long ago: Going to a favorite beach in the Caribbean when we were kids and my brother stepping on sea urchins. Their needles getting embedded in his feet and my aunt plucking them out with a tweezer she always carried on her for these 'events'. He screamed like Hades, while I got the nervous giggles attack. It was a bit bloody.

What is your favorite thing about Summer? Air conditioning

Bonus:

The last time you went out to eat what did you order? Okay just to mention the main course. Fish and Chips. Beer battered. It was good

Please name a song you haven't heard in a while, popped into your head, and looked up on the internet to listen to, or a last song or artist that you played from your personal collection? Deja's Theme - Stanley Clark. I get addictive to songs. This one is it at the moment:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70wFUMvv6GQ

Thanks again - You do the same.

Old 05-18-2022, 08:16 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
[quote=John13;63455880]My apologies if the Wednesday Questions are about to be posted. I have a feeling they are not and I am not sure when Kathryn is coming back. I thought I read somewhere 3 weeks total but not sure. So without further ado...
Thanks, John! You're a "Winner" in my book!

Today's Questions:

Since Summer is about to kick into high gear do you have any trips planned? No. I live near beaches, if I want to go there for a day it's a short ride, but since I work down in those areas, it's not really a "trip".

Unrelated to first question - is there an upcoming event you are looking forward to? Getting a new fence put upEverything no matter how small counts!

First thing that come to mind - a personal favorite summertime memory (or series of memories) from long ago: "The Good Times

What is your favorite thing about Summer? Sitting on my front porch in the evening, and enjoying the fragrance of my Petunias waving in the breeze.

Bonus:

The last time you went out to eat what did you order? No big deal...it was yesterday...2 slices of Grotto Pizza and a coke at Grotto's Pizza.Okay just to mention the main course. N/A

Please name a song you haven't heard in a while, popped into your head, and looked up on the internet to listen to, or a last song or artist that you played from your personal collection? N/A......Music is on-going in my office, and on my car radio (The Duck Oldies Station 107.1 from Ocean City/Salisbury,MD). I don't have time in my office anymore to set my CD player, or Internet, so I just leave that radio station on all the time.

Thanks for taking charge, John! Much appreciated!

Old 05-18-2022, 08:31 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Today's Questions:

Since Summer is about to kick into high gear do you have any trips planned? Nothing in particular yet.

Unrelated to first question - is there an upcoming event you are looking forward to? Everything no matter how small counts! Yes, Sunday a visit from family in California and another from Oregon.

First thing that come to mind - a personal favorite summertime memory (or series of memories) from long ago: That would have to be when I was 19, and took a trip with a friend 18,000 miles, 44 states over 2-1/2 months. We stayed with friends or relatives in a few places but mostly camped out, sometimes just in the car. With gas at 25-30 cents then, the cost was about $500 for the whole trip. At today's prices the gas alone would be well over $5,000.

What is your favorite thing about Summer? Eating fresh vegetables from the garden. Some, like tomatoes, cucumbers and snow peas taste so much better than store-bought.

Bonus:

The last time you went out to eat what did you order? Okay just to mention the main course. Saturday breakfast, I had "Northwest Potatoes & Eggs." It's Country fried red potatoes, ham and onions, topped with Tillamook Cheddar cheese and sour cream, two extra large scrambled eggs, and wheat toast with jam.

Please name a song you haven't heard in a while, popped into your head, and looked up on the internet to listen to, or a last song or artist that you played from your personal collection? That would be Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond, can't go too long without hearing it, I especially love the very long introduction part. David Gilmour is an amazing guitar player.

Old 05-18-2022, 08:43 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post

Today's Questions:

Just a few day trips around the state
Unrelated to first question - is there an upcoming event you are looking forward to? Everything no matter how small counts!
Just getting out of the house and communing with nature a bit.Also watching Preakness and Belmont on TV
First thing that come to mind - a personal favorite summertime memory (or series of memories) from long ago:
Long summers riding my bike, and exploring with my my cousin and friends, were great....one of the best parts of my childhood.

All the green, honeysuckle, all the birds and wildlife and plants thrives.
My least favorite part is the heat and humidly!

Bonus:

The last time you went out to eat what did you order? Okay just to mention the main course.
It's been awhile!

We had take out, I had chicken...or did we order a pizza, I don't recall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_0U3DlLFSU
Thanks John and you have a wonderful one too.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:03 AM

99,567 posts, read 4,492,037 times
Today's Questions:

Since Summer is about to kick into high gear do you have any trips planned? No, I try to avoid the summer crowds. I hope to go on a trip in the fall.

Unrelated to first question - is there an upcoming event you are looking forward to? Everything no matter how small counts! Our Farmers Market is in full swing with some great selections!

First thing that come to mind - a personal favorite summertime memory (or series of memories) from long ago: My family usually visited the Myrtle Beach area in the summer when I was a child. Fun times!

What is your favorite thing about Summer? We have very pleasant cool summers here. One of the main reasons I moved here!

Bonus:

The last time you went out to eat what did you order? Okay just to mention the main course. Swiss cheese omelet, toast and home fries.

Please name a song you haven't heard in a while, popped into your head, and looked up on the internet to listen to, or a last song or artist that you played from your personal collection? Mr. Telephone Man, by New Edition. Got stuck in my head last week after shopping at Trader Joe's. They play a lot of '70s and '80s music.

Thanks for the questions, John! Enjoy your day.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:29 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
Hello to all and thanks for filling in John13...

Today's Questions:

Just took a trip this weekend to see our youngest graduate with her Masters degree.

Looking forward to June 30. I like to hold my vacation time till the second half of the year.

I grew up on the Jersey Shore, so memories of days and nights on the beach and boardwalk are very dear to me.

So much better than the dankness of winter.

Bonus:

Philly cheesesteak and a Strohs beer.

The last song that played on my headphones last night was "Gold Dust Woman" by Fleetwood Mac

You too! Hope everyone has a terrific day!

Old 05-18-2022, 10:07 AM

24,470 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Today's Questions:

Nothing on the calandar, dicussing a few road trips.

Memorial Day weekend, cookouts and the Indy 500.

Houseboating, water and jet skiing on Lake Powell.

More daylight hours.

Bonus:

The last time you went out to eat what did you order? Okay just to mention the main course?
Spicy Mongollian Beef and Yanjing beer.

I Know a Place, Petula Clark.

Thanx John, U2.

Old 05-18-2022, 10:36 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Today's Questions:

Just got back. I never take or took a vacation in the summer when I was an adult. These days my trips are planned for Spring bird migration.

Unrelated to first question - is there an upcoming event you are looking forward to? Everything no matter how small counts! Not really.

First thing that come to mind - a personal favorite summertime memory (or series of memories) from long ago: Outdoor barbecuing. Block parties.

What is your favorite thing about Summer? Longer light if I want to drive somewhere. Summer is my least favorite season. I don't like the heat or the bugs and have no energy in the summer. Also, I don't like to take nature photos when the sun is shining and the trees are an ugly green color (prefer chartreuse green leaves of mid-April - Mid-May and September). When I used to go largemouth bass fishing, though, I liked to top water fish from the shore on lakes and ponds on summer nights after dark with poppers (surface lures). There is nothing like a fish jumping out of the water to splash down on your lure. Poppers get their generic name because when you jerk them along the surface, the lure makes a popping sound.

Bonus:

Steak, broccoli and a baked potato.

Please name a song you haven't heard in a while, popped into your head, and looked up on the internet to listen to, or a last song or artist that you played from your personal collection? The last 2 songs I looked up on the Internet, because I wanted to purchase them, were not released as singles by the artists who made them so I have to resort to listening to them on YouTube:

Hearing Damage - Thom Yorke (It's part of the Twilight: New Moon soundtrack - during a chase scene - and I don't want to buy the whole album just for one song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7nz...nnel=Dave12815

Somewhere Only We Know - Kacey Musgraves (Don't like it by the original artist and Musgraves performed it live for some BBC show. It was released as a compilation album with other artists by the BBC show)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgKm...annel=BBCMusic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics