Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 10:26 PM

44,351 posts, read 20,056,503 times

Advertisements

Howdy do, everyone! Happy November to you! Scroll on down to see what I came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

This weekend, most of us will be turning our clocks back to Standard Time. Because of the time change in spring or fall, have you ever been an hour early or an hour late for an appointment or other commitment?

Does the semi-annual time change ever affect you physically?

On the night of a time change, do you change your clocks before you go to bed or do you change your clocks the next morning?

Do you have an electric clock that you never have to set the time on, and it always shows the precise time even after an interruption of your power service?

If you wear a watch, do you wear it on your right wrist or your left wrist?

Do you have a clock or watch that has Roman numerals?

Do you live in a state or province which has more than one time zone?

BONUS QUESTIONS

Did you see any cute Halloween costumes on October 31st? If so, describe one of your favorites.

Did you hand out candy to trick or treaters on Halloween this year?

Do you have any Halloween candy in your home right now?

In your home, do you normally have a candy dish or other container in which you keep candy?

What is your favorite candy to snack on?

That's it for today, kiddos. Have a superb day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-31-2022, 11:13 PM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Howdy do, everyone! Happy November to you! Scroll on down to see what I came up with for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

This weekend, most of us will be turning our clocks back to Standard Time. Because of the time change in spring or fall, have you ever been an hour early or an hour late for an appointment or other commitment? A few times, yes.

Does the semi-annual time change ever affect you physically? No

On the night of a time change, do you change your clocks before you go to bed or do you change your clocks the next morning? Next morning!

Do you have an electric clock that you never have to set the time on, and it always shows the precise time even after an interruption of your power service? I do, yes!

If you wear a watch, do you wear it on your right wrist or your left wrist?always on my left wrist, always

Do you have a clock or watch that has Roman numerals? no

Do you live in a state or province which has more than one time zone? no, it's all Mountain Time Zone with me.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Did you see any cute Halloween costumes on October 31st? If so, describe one of your favorites.Not today, been on the road for the last couple days.

Did you hand out candy to trick or treaters on Halloween this year?not this time, I have complimented quite a few people who have been dressed up for it the last few days.

Do you have any Halloween candy in your home right now?I do, looks like I'll be eating it.

In your home, do you normally have a candy dish or other container in which you keep candy?yep, candy, cashews as well.

What is your favorite candy to snack on?Almond Joy, Mounds, Snickers,

That's it for today, kiddos. Have a superb day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over.

Thanks PJ! Hope everyone has a great week this week!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-31-2022 at 11:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2022, 11:59 PM

21,539 posts, read 8,722,464 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

This weekend, most of us will be turning our clocks back to Standard Time. Because of the time change in spring or fall, have you ever been an hour early or an hour late for an appointment or other commitment?
No, I've always been good about changing the clocks.
Not really, though as a night owl I find it ian't easy to go to bed an hour earlier.
On the night of a time change, do you change your clocks before you go to bed or do you change your clocks the next morning?
Before we go to bed, always (which is usually well after midnight).
Do you have an electric clock that you never have to set the time on, and it always shows the precise time even after an interruption of your power service?
The clock radio has battery backup, so it doesn't need to be reset.
I used to wear a watch on my left wrist, but after I broke my wrist none of my watches feel comfortable anymore. I haven't worn one in nearly nine years.
Yes, we have a combination clock-thermometer-barometer that has Roman numerals on the clock dial.
No, I don't.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Did you see any cute Halloween costumes on October 31st? If so, describe one of your favorites.
I didn't go out, so I haven't seen any costumes except on Facebook. I did see a man with a giant papier-maché head at Trader Joe's last week. Other shoppers were posing with him to take selfies.
We don't get trick-or-treaters because we live on a scary steep hill with a scary dark forest across the street.
No, I didn't buy any because we'd just end up eating it ourselves.However, when Halloween candy goes on sale the next day, all bets are off.
In your home, do you normally have a candy dish or other container in which you keep candy?
Yes, a small crystal bowl. But it's empty right now.
Lindt milk chocolate truffles.

Thanks, Pammy!

Old 11-01-2022, 12:32 AM

12,221 posts, read 2,964,782 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Not yet.
Not that I've noticed.
Before.
No, they have to be reset.
On my left wrist.
Hubby's watch.
Yes. CST here. Mountain time in far west Texas.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Briefly while driving home. I didn't see any detail.
We don't do trick or treat.
Not a one.
No. Candy is not a big part of our lives.
I like chocolate and coconut if that helps.

Thanks, Pam!

Old 11-01-2022, 01:51 AM

6,862 posts, read 4,860,189 times
Never been late or early because of the time change. I am tired for a few days when we spring forward. I prefer standard time. I think we should have it all the time.

I have a few atomic clocks. I wear a watch on my left wrist. No to roman numerals. Only one time zone in my state

Old 11-01-2022, 02:03 AM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

This weekend, most of us will be turning our clocks back to Standard Time. Because of the time change in spring or fall, have you ever been an hour early or an hour late for an appointment or other commitment? No, our clocks never change.

Does the semi-annual time change ever affect you physically? No time changes here.

On the night of a time change, do you change your clocks before you go to bed or do you change your clocks the next morning? n/a

Do you have an electric clock that you never have to set the time on, and it always shows the precise time even after an interruption of your power service? Yes a couple of them.

If you wear a watch, do you wear it on your right wrist or your left wrist? Haven't worn a watch in over 40 years, I find them irritating on the skin.

Do you have a clock or watch that has Roman numerals? Grandfather clock.

Do you live in a state or province which has more than one time zone? No.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Did you see any cute Halloween costumes on October 31st? If so, describe one of your favorites. No.

Did you hand out candy to trick or treaters on Halloween this year? No, we live in a retirement community with no kids or trick or treaters..

Do you have any Halloween candy in your home right now? n/a.

In your home, do you normally have a candy dish or other container in which you keep candy? No.

What is your favorite candy to snack on? Rocher's hazelnut chocolates.

ms pam

Old 11-01-2022, 02:50 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

No but thanks for the reminder. I think having the change be between Saturday and Sunday helps.

Does the semi-annual time change ever affect you physically? No

On the night of a time change, do you change your clocks before you go to bed or do you change your clocks the next morning? I change my watch before I go to sleep. The others the next day. If I don't go out the next day, I sometimes forget the one in the car.

Do you have an electric clock that you never have to set the time on, and it always shows the precise time even after an interruption of your power service? Just the one on my computer and phone and I think my tablet.

If you wear a watch, do you wear it on your right wrist or your left wrist? left

Do you have a clock or watch that has Roman numerals? No

Do you live in a state or province which has more than one time zone? Yes. There is one not too far from me,

BONUS QUESTIONS

As per usual, didn't see a single trick or treater.

Did you hand out candy to trick or treaters on Halloween this year? N/A

Do you have any Halloween candy in your home right now? No because I don't get trick or treaters.

In your home, do you normally have a candy dish or other container in which you keep candy? No

What is your favorite candy to snack on? At the PC (desktop), it's M&Ms. Anywhere else it's Tootsie Rolls.

Old 11-01-2022, 03:34 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

This weekend, most of us will be turning our clocks back to Standard Time. Because of the time change in spring or fall, have you ever been an hour early or an hour late for an appointment or other commitment? - Once, long ago.

Does the semi-annual time change ever affect you physically? - No

On the night of a time change, do you change your clocks before you go to bed or do you change your clocks the next morning? - Before

Do you have an electric clock that you never have to set the time on, and it always shows the precise time even after an interruption of your power service? - Mine is battery operated.

If you wear a watch, do you wear it on your right wrist or your left wrist? - Left

Do you have a clock or watch that has Roman numerals? - Don't

Do you live in a state or province which has more than one time zone? - Nope

BONUS QUESTIONS

Did you see any cute Halloween costumes on October 31st? If so, describe one of your favorites. - I didn't see any at all which is the norm...

Did you hand out candy to trick or treaters on Halloween this year? - My apartment is hard to get to and well hidden.

Do you have any Halloween candy in your home right now? - No, not good to bring that into my apartment.

In your home, do you normally have a candy dish or other container in which you keep candy? - Nope

What is your favorite candy to snack on? - I don't have one. My new PT job has a candy dish but I wish it wasn't there. I do show restraint but it seems everyday I take a couple of pieces. No plain M & M's thank goodness. From the selection I like the Lifesavers gummies.

That's it for today, kiddos. Have a superb day, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before it's over. - Thanks, Pam!

Old 11-01-2022, 04:14 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,598,707 times

----- Yes, but it was for a job interview that I didn't know was in a different time zone. GGot the job, though.

----- no

----- Some years I just leave them alone, and adjust mentally. Always with my car clock. Who wants to search for the manual?

------ Once had a cheap atomic clock which corrected every day.

------ left. Every trip abroadI buy a new one $5

------ no

------ not now

BONUS QUESTIONS http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...shoesmiley.gif http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...skyltspoke.gif http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/kittifer.gif

------ no

----- no

------ no

------ Bakers bittersweet chocolate chips.

Old 11-01-2022, 05:32 AM

126,269 posts, read 19,041,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

This weekend, most of us will be turning our clocks back to Standard Time. Because of the time change in spring or fall, have you ever been an hour early or an hour late for an appointment or other commitment? Just once long ago

Does the semi-annual time change ever affect you physically? Not really

On the night of a time change, do you change your clocks before you go to bed or do you change your clocks the next morning? That evening

Do you have an electric clock that you never have to set the time on, and it always shows the precise time even after an interruption of your power service? No

If you wear a watch, do you wear it on your right wrist or your left wrist? Left wrist

Do you have a clock or watch that has Roman numerals? Yes a watch

Do you live in a state or province which has more than one time zone? No,but Canada has 6 time zones across the provinces

BONUS QUESTIONS

Did you see any cute Halloween costumes on October 31st? If so, describe one of your favorites. It was raining and I saw no kids outside

Did you hand out candy to trick or treaters on Halloween this year? No it was a very quiet night

Do you have any Halloween candy in your home right now? None

In your home, do you normally have a candy dish or other container in which you keep candy? None

What is your favorite candy to snack on? I only like Ritter Sport Hazelnut chocolate,but only on rare occasion

Thank you Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics