Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2022, 07:23 PM

12,284 posts, read 2,968,089 times

Advertisements

Is there any insurance you regret not getting?

Do you buy the extra insurance when you rent a car?

Have you rented a vehicle for the fun of it or as an extended test drive?

Would you sign a release to be on TV if you found out you'd been on a show or were asked to be on one?

What pizza did you last eat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2022, 07:44 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
No, nothing in recent memory.
We have done that, and we haven't done that (when it was already insured through our car insurance)>
Nope, just for out of town trips and when our car was being serviced.
Would you sign a release to be on TV if you found out you'd been on a show or were asked to be on one?

Supreme pizza from a local place a week or two ago.
Thanks PegE!

Old 11-25-2022, 08:06 PM

126,279 posts, read 19,048,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Is there any insurance you regret not getting? ..........No

Do you buy the extra insurance when you rent a car? ...........Have done so

Have you rented a vehicle for the fun of it or as an extended test drive?........No just on vacation

Would you sign a release to be on TV if you found out you'd been on a show or were asked to be on one? .........No

What pizza did you last eat?.........Vegetarian one

Thank you Peg

Old 11-25-2022, 08:10 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Is there any insurance you regret not getting? - When I had skin cancer surgery in 2013 the insurance I had the option of getting was very expensive. I saw the growth and went to see someone about it who misdiagnosed me. At that time I did have health insurance. Shortly after as it slowly grew out of control I was laid off. I wasn't in the position to pay for the outrageously expensive COBRA but in the end it would have been cheaper.

Do you buy the extra insurance when you rent a car? - Well if I did that now I would be forced to but never did in the past. I no longer carry full coverage insurance.

Have you rented a vehicle for the fun of it or as an extended test drive? - No, never did that.

Would you sign a release to be on TV if you found out you'd been on a show or were asked to be on one? - I did sign one once. As mentioned I did some church-state separation activism when I was younger and once did a debate on an independent county TV station in the mid-1990s.

What pizza did you last eat? - One slice of mushroom truffle at Wegmans about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks, PegE!

Last edited by John13; 11-25-2022 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-25-2022, 08:43 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Is there any insurance you regret not getting? Nope

Do you buy the extra insurance when you rent a car? Been over 20 years since I rented a car. I think my full coverage covered the rental

Have you rented a vehicle for the fun of it or as an extended test drive? Kind of for the fun of it. Going on vacation with my family and our car was acting up

Would you sign a release to be on TV if you found out you'd been on a show or were asked to be on one? Probably

What pizza did you last eat? A large Papa John's 4 meat pizza, and washed it down with a Mountain Dew. lol

Old 11-25-2022, 09:39 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Is there any insurance you regret not getting? No

Do you buy the extra insurance when you rent a car? I rented cars when traveling for work. I do not recall if they told us we had to get the insurance or we couldn't. It was 15+ years ago. Either way it was not my decision to make. Since all my personal travel is done by car, I don't need to rent a vehicle on vacation. Once the insurance company paid for a rental when body work was being done on my car. Don't remember if extra insurance was part of the deal.

Have you rented a vehicle for the fun of it or as an extended test drive? No

Would you sign a release to be on TV if you found out you'd been on a show or were asked to be on one? Would never be on TV.

What pizza did you last eat? Plain cheese pizza.

Old 11-25-2022, 09:43 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times
Not that I can think of.
No, that's a ripoff. My regular car insurance covers rentals.
No, I've never done that. When I've rented vehicles, it has been because I'm on vacation or my car is in the shop.
Yes, I probably would.
Vegetable

Thanks, PegE!

Old 11-25-2022, 10:25 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,601,915 times
------ I never buy insurabce or warranty unless law required, and never regret it

---30 years since I rented

------ Depends what I had to say

-----

pretty bad. I'd rather eat a hot dog

Old 11-25-2022, 11:46 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Is there any insurance you regret not getting? No.

Do you buy the extra insurance when you rent a car? Not necessary with my own vehicle insurance.

Have you rented a vehicle for the fun of it or as an extended test drive? Once flew into the midwest rented a car and went sight seeing to Branson, Ozarks and surrounding areas.

Would you sign a release to be on TV if you found out you'd been on a show or were asked to be on one? Been on TV several times, never been required to sign anything.

What pizza did you last eat? Newmans pepperoni and sausage this evening.

Old 11-26-2022, 02:53 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Good Morning

Is there any insurance you regret not getting? Nope

Do you buy the extra insurance when you rent a car? No, my regular car insurance covers rentals.

Would you sign a release to be on TV if you found out you'd been on a show or were asked to be on one? Have been in that situation, the answer was no.

What pizza did you last eat? Homemade with mushrooms, sweet red peppers, onion and black olives.

Enjoy the day...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics