Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 05:57 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
I guess a bunch of our poster are going back to work after the long weekend so even though it it Tuesday I am sure it feels like Monday
I though it would be fun to further expand on yesterdays fun ? topic
I sure have a whole new respect for those that did the "toilet door limbo"

I have no doubt that we are going to have some pretty entertaining answers to

Todays Question :

Have you ever used the "other" bathroom ?

and no Mike I don't mean the trees in the woods "other bathroom" (though hmmm this could be a funny ? 0' the day")

I meant
Ladies have you ever entered the "mystery of the mens room" & visa versa

Today in history:
May 27,1926 - The people of Hannibal, MO erected the first statue of literary characters. The bronze figures of Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer were hoisted above a red granite base.
May 27, 1961 1st black light is sold -hmm I wonder when the first psychedelic posters came out.
May 27, 1969 Walt Disney World construction begins
May 27, 1975 Stanley Cup: Philadelphia Flyers beat Buffalo Sabres, 4 games to 2- !!! yeah baby I remember this well I was living in Phila at the time

Word of the day :
ribald \RIB-uhld; RY-bawld\, adjective:
1. Characterized by or given to vulgar humor; coarse.

Today is:
National Grape Popsicle Day
and
National Masking Tape Day
it is also
Pop-Up Toaster's Birthday 1918

p.s. as most of you know I will be away from May 29 to June 2 does anyone want to do the "? 0' the day" or can you all hang in there till I get back ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 06:04 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Oh heck yes! Mind, in Morrocco it was unisex and a hole in the floor with no door and just a partition between you and the other "squatters"

Old 05-27-2008, 06:17 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,111,043 times
I haven't on purpose, but I did by accident! It was my grandmother's 70th b-day, at a reception hall & I walked right into the men's room. Of course my cousins friend was in there & I was teased all night about catching him "draining the lizard" and many other ribald jokes.

NO Q OF THE DAY FOR 5 DAYS?! SAY IT AIN'T SO! I'LL MISS YA KARLA!

Old 05-27-2008, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post

NO Q OF THE DAY FOR 5 DAYS?! SAY IT AIN'T SO!
rofl fear not and before you all sign up for ? rehab

Rdslots has generously volunteer to post the ? while I am gone

Old 05-27-2008, 06:34 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,445,190 times
Default Stinks in there!

No offense, men, but I have been known to be in a tight spot, and had to wander over to the other side. I try to avoid it.

I don't know how men stand it.

The only time I ever routinely used a men's restroom was at the new HS where I taught. There were two restrooms in the teachers' work areas, and both were equally nice and clean. None of us seemed to mind sharing -- the men would use what we had 'decorated' and outfitted as the Ladies' and we would use theirs. Guess the men were lucky we gave them one of the two to use.

As a young woman, I freaked out a bit when I went to use the Ladies restroom, am sitting there, minding my own business, hear someone enter, the door next to me opens, and then I see a pair of men's wingtips on the floor next to me. Because we were in a bar, I just chalked-it-up to his being a bit 'tight' perhaps, but it was a little unnerving. I don't know if/when he ever realized where he was, or what he had done.

Didn't one of the TV sitcoms have a unisex bathroom and the men and women on the show would meet and talk in there? Was it Boston Legal? or Calista Flockhart's old show? I always thought those scenes were funny.

Somewhere around here, my husband has the funniest men's book with a lot of humor in it, and I laughed so hard at his sharing the chapter on men's room etiquette -- including diagrams of which urinals men go to, if they are first in the restroom, or it's crowded -- and all of the rules associated with standing at the urinals. He was never so-put-out than during a business trip to Vegas when he was approached, AT the URINAL, by someone wanting to hand him a business card for a prostitute. Guess that made the fellow with the card a 'pimp'?

Last edited by RDSLOTS; 05-27-2008 at 06:43 AM..

Old 05-27-2008, 06:37 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,023,466 times
QDay withdrawal symptoms coming!

Well, other than the portapotties that have those nasty urinals looking you in the face, yes, when I was at AT&T Universal Card they had some restrooms in front of one of the large meeting rooms, I think on no less than 3 occasions, I strolled right into the men's room, of course with the row of urinals I realized it immediately and hurried out. Luckily never saw "anything". But I did it again, and again! Hmmmm. LOL

Old 05-27-2008, 06:39 AM

ok well all I can say is
YUP !!! many times
there were concerts and you all know how long the line is for the womens room at concerts
then there were the times in the clubs where I have had a friend "watch" the door

I mean we all know when ya gotta go you gotta go

Old 05-27-2008, 06:48 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,445,190 times
Default You call that 'luck?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreatlife View Post
Luckily never saw "anything". But I did it again, and again! Hmmmm. LOL
Caught yourself doing it again and again, did you? Now what would your Mother say? Mine would have sent me back in there so I could come out and 'report.'

You know, if I hadn't been so reserved and a bit shy in my youth, that might've been a most interesting way to meet guys. Hard to think of an opening line, though -- so, what's your Zodiac just doesn't seem to work. . . Maybe more along the lines of 'hey, whadda say I treat you to a drink?'

Old 05-27-2008, 07:12 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,542,041 times
Back in my younger days of partying, my girlfriend and I had been drinking beer at a beach party. You all know that once you start drinking beer your bladder never gets a rest! On the way home I had to use the restroom and we stopped at a McDonalds. In those days the restrooms were entered from the outside, well I was a little tipsy from the beer and opened the first door I saw. I did my "business" and when I came out I got a standing ovation from all the gearheads, that was the place to hang out in those days. I'm thinking why are they clapping, my girlfriend says you were in the Men's room, no wonder I had a hard time sitting down!

Old 05-27-2008, 07:27 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Sure have. Whats so secret about it anyway??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics