Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2022, 09:32 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,820,202 times

Advertisements

[quote=arr430;64483130]1 When you were growing up, did your parents own a dictionary?
Yes and encyclopedia's too. There was no internet and only black and white TV.
2 Have you watched someone work, that you couldn't take your eyes off their practiced dexterity? What work was that?
Only my current cardiologist. He placed a stent so fast and returned my patient's heart rate to normal in a couple of minutes. That's why he is my cardiologist now.
3 Have you ever had a capital Q, X or Z in your mailing address?
No.
Did your parents love each other?
OMG no. They were both two fundamentally flawed abusive alcoholics.
Name a song about the color of an article of clothing.
Itsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini.
5 What is the most dominant color you are wearing now?
Light green Tshirt.
6 Did your first child wear cloth or paper diapers?
I never had children but I did change cloth diapers.
7 Do you eat the raw heart of cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli stems, etc?
No.
8 Name a famous person who may have been fictional or historical, you're not sure which.
The image of my neighbor dressed as Thor with a long blonde wig for Halloween just popped into my head. OMG it was so funny.
9 Have you eveer crossed on a ferry boat, in your car? Where?
Yes. I think it was in Canada when I was a child.
10 Dou you drink milk from the jug/carton?
Yes, but I'm the only one that drinks it.
Did you ever pick a flower and give it to someone, as a sign of affection?
Probably not.

Thanks arr.

Woo Hoo. We just passed the electrical inspection for the flood control system. Now the village has to come out and make sure there is no big mound of dirt and we can finally apply for the grant money that will pay for nearly half of the system. I can finally put Halloween away. Possum showed up last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2022, 12:58 PM

27,383 posts, read 27,429,648 times
Song about a color....Blue Velvet.
Most dominant color Im wearing now, rust.
Cloth diaper babies. Ive always been old school and cloth was the softest and the best.
Ive been on many ferry boats many times, just not with my own cars.
I drink milk but not from the jug. In a tall glass.
Happy Monday~~~

Old 11-21-2022, 05:48 PM

1,865 posts, read 841,829 times
1 When you were growing up, did your parents own a dictionary? They had the encyclopedia on CD.

2 Have you watched someone work, that you couldn't take your eyes off their practiced dexterity? What work was that? Hibachi chef.

3 Have you ever had a capital Q, X or Z in your mailing address? Q "Quail"

Did your parents love each other? Yes
Name a song about the color of an article of clothing. Can only think of blue suede shoes.

5 What is the most dominant color you are wearing now? half gray half black.

7 Do you eat the raw heart of cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli stems, etc? Broccoli yes

8 Name a famous person who may have been fictional or historical, you're not sure which. Little red ridinghood.

9 Have you ever crossed on a ferry boat, in your car? Where? Yes, Isle of Arran. Had to take the next ferry back due to a strong storm that was coming.

10 Dou you drink milk from the jug/carton? Yes, unless it's almost empty then from a mug.

Did you ever pick a flower and give it to someone, as a sign of affection? Probably, but I don't remember.

Old 11-21-2022, 09:46 PM

44,386 posts, read 20,108,348 times
1 When you were growing up, did your parents own a dictionary? Yes. We had a Webster's dictionary.

2 Have you watched someone work, that you couldn't take your eyes off their practiced dexterity? Yes. What work was that? Glass blowing.

3 Have you ever had a capital Q, X or Z in your mailing address? No.

Did your parents love each other? Yes.
Name a song about the color of an article of clothing. Devil With the Blue Dress

5 What is the most dominant color you are wearing now? Denim blue.

6 Did your first child wear cloth or paper diapers? I don't have children.

7 Do you eat the raw heart of cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli stems, etc? I eat broccoli stems. I don't eat the core of cabbage or cauliflower.

8 Name a famous person who may have been fictional or historical, you're not sure which.

9 Have you eveer crossed on a ferry boat, in your car? Not my car, but a friend's car. Where? From Seattle to the Olympic Peninsula, Washington state.

10 Dou you drink milk from the jug/carton? Yep. I live alone, so it doesn't matter.

Did you ever pick a flower and give it to someone, as a sign of affection? Yes, many times.

Thanks for the Monday questions, arr430.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-22-2022, 07:34 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,623,175 times
Some of my answer.

Fascinating Mergenthaler linotype operator. could switch fro Arabic to English, which he did not speak.

Boulevard Pie-IX, in Montreal, Quebec, which covers X and Q.

Grew up in Polka country, so steeped in "Blue Skirt Waltz".

Not sure about Long John Silver, or most other pirates.

Parents married on spur of the moment. probably never loved, but made up for with 62 yoars of devotion and commitment.

DW still has a flower I picked for her Valentines Day, 6 yeas ago.

Thanks to a moderator for fixing this. and DW for getting it posted at all during a healh setback. I'll try to make it every Monday/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics