Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2022, 10:18 PM

21,629 posts, read 8,789,073 times

Advertisements

Welcome to Questions of the Day for Sunday, November 27, 2022. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Sagittarius. Some famous people born on this date include author and presidential daughter Caroline Kennedy, actress Robin Givens, “Howdy Doody Show” host Buffalo Bob Smith, engineer and educator Bill Nye ("The Science Guy"), media executive Steve Bannon, German fashion designer Jil Sander, author Gail Sheehy, director-producer Les Blank and Filipino journalist and politician Benigno Aquino, Jr.

Today’s Questions:
If you had a warning label, what would it say?

What is your useless talent?

How often do you weigh yourself?

What is the most ridiculous thing you believed as a child?

If you are a woman, when did you last wear a dress? If you are a man, when did you last wear a suit and tie?

What mystery do you wish you knew the answer to?

Today in History:
176 – Emperor Marcus Aurelius grants his son Commodus the rank of "Imperator" and makes him Supreme Commander of the Roman legions.
395 – Rufinus, praetorian prefect of the East, is murdered by Gothic mercenaries under Gainas.
511 – King Clovis, king of the Franks, dies at Lutetia and is buried in the Abbey of St. Geneviève in Paris.
602 – Byzantine Emperor Maurice is forced to watch as the usurper Phocas executes his five sons before Maurice is beheaded himself.
1095 – Pope Urban II declares the First Crusade at the Council of Clermont.
1727 – The foundation stone to the Jerusalem Church in Berlin is laid.
1809 – The Berners Street hoax is perpetrated by Theodore Hook in the City of Westminster, London.
1815 – Adoption of the Constitution of the Kingdom of Poland.
1835 – James Pratt and John Smith are hanged in London; they are the last two to be executed for sodomy in England.
1856 – The Coup of 1856 leads to Luxembourg's unilateral adoption of a new, reactionary constitution.
1863 – American Civil War: Confederate cavalry leader John Hunt Morgan and several of his men escape the Ohio Penitentiary and return safely to the South.
1863 – American Civil War: Battle of Mine Run: Union forces under General George Meade take up positions against troops led by Confederate General Robert E. Lee.
1868 – American Indian Wars: Battle of Wa****a River: United States Army Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer leads an attack on Cheyenne living on reservation land.
1895 – At the Swedish–Norwegian Club in Paris, Alfred Nobel signs his last will and testament, setting aside his estate to establish the Nobel Prize after he dies.
1896 – “Also Sprach Zarathustra” by Richard Strauss is first performed.
1901 – The U.S. Army War College is established.
1912 – Spain declares a protectorate over the north shore of Morocco.
1924 – In New York City, the first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is held.
1940 – In Romania, the ruling Iron Guard fascist party assassinates over 60 of arrested King Carol II of Romania's aides and other political dissidents.
1940 – World War II: At the Battle of Cape Spartivento, the Royal Navy engages the Regia Marina in the Mediterranean Sea.
1942 – World War II: At Toulon, the French navy scuttles its ships and submarines to keep them out of Nazi hands.
1944 – World War II: RAF Fauld explosion: An explosion at a Royal Air Force ammunition dump in Staffordshire kills seventy people.
1945 – CARE (then the Cooperative for American Remittances to Europe) is founded to send CARE Packages of food relief to Europe after World War II.
1954 – Alger Hiss is released from prison after serving 44 months for perjury.
1965 – Vietnam War: The Pentagon tells U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson that if planned operations are to succeed, the number of American troops in Vietnam must be increased from 120,000 to 400,000.
1968 – Penny Ann Early becomes the first woman to play major professional basketball for the Kentucky Colonels in an ABA game against the Los Angeles Stars.
1971 – The Soviet space program's Mars 2 orbiter releases a descent module. It malfunctions and crashes, but it is the first man-made object to reach the surface of Mars.
1973 – Twenty-fifth Amendment: The United States Senate votes 92–3 to confirm Gerald Ford as Vice President of the United States. (On December 6, the House will confirm him 387–35).
1975 – The Provisional IRA assassinates Ross McWhirter, after a press conference in which McWhirter had announced a reward for the capture of those responsible for multiple bombings and shootings across England.
1978 – In San Francisco, city mayor George Moscone and openly gay city supervisor Harvey Milk are assassinated by former supervisor Dan White.
1984 – Under the Brussels Agreement signed between the governments of the United Kingdom and Spain, the former agrees to begin discussions with Spain over Gibraltar, including sovereignty.
1992 – For the second time in a year, military forces try to overthrow President Carlos Andrés Pérez in Venezuela.
1999 – The center-left Labour Party takes control of the New Zealand government with leader Helen Clark becoming the first elected female Prime Minister in New Zealand's history.
2001 – A hydrogen atmosphere is discovered on the extrasolar planet Osiris by the Hubble Space Telescope, the first atmosphere detected on an extrasolar planet.
2004 – Pope John Paul II returns the relics of Saint John Chrysostom to the Eastern Orthodox Church.
2006 – The House of Commons of Canada approves a motion introduced by Prime Minister Stephen Harper recognizing the Québécois as a nation within Canada.
2020 – Iran's top nuclear scientist, Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, is assassinated near Tehran.
2020 – Days after the announcement of its discovery, the Utah monolith (a pop-up metal monolith that drew international attention), is removed by recreationists.

Word of the Day:
hauteur /hōˈtər/noun
Haughtiness of manner; disdainful pride.
“She swept into the room with formidable hauteur.”

Quote of the Day:
“We have to move from the unbridled pursuit of self-gain at the expense of others to recovering appreciation for what we gain by caring and sharing with one another.”
- Gail Sheehy

Today Is:
First Sunday of Advent
International Shift Workers Sunday
Bavarian Cream Pie Day
Craft Jerky Day
Turtle Adoption Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 10:24 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,620,392 times
Today’s Questions:
If you had a warning label, what would it say? Do not wake up

What is your useless talent? I could go all day on this one! lol

How often do you weigh yourself? Every few days now that I've lost 35 pounds!

What is the most ridiculous thing you believed as a child? I heard the Beatles on our local radio station and thought they were there singing

If you are a woman, when did you last wear a dress? If you are a man, when did you last wear a suit and tie? My dad's funeral in 2016

What mystery do you wish you knew the answer to? Why can't I win the lottery?

Old 11-26-2022, 11:13 PM

44,695 posts, read 61,856,330 times
Today’s Questions:
If you had a warning label, what would it say? "What you see is what you get".

What is your useless talent? Singing.

How often do you weigh yourself? Only at the doctor's office 2x a year.

What is the most ridiculous thing you believed as a child? I was told you ordered babies from a hospital when asked where they come from.

If you are a woman, when did you last wear a dress? If you are a man, when did you last wear a suit and tie? Last time wearing a suit was at the captains dinner table on a cruise ship about 20 years ago.

What mystery do you wish you knew the answer to? What happened to Amelia Earhart?

Old 11-26-2022, 11:24 PM

37,821 posts, read 41,136,907 times
Today’s Questions:
She bites.

What is your useless talent? Remembering where I saw something in a book down to where it is on a page. It's useless because I don't work or go to school any more.

How often do you weigh yourself? I don't. Let the doctor's office do it since I go 3x per year.

What is the most ridiculous thing you believed as a child? That if you dug a hole too deep you'd wind up in China.

If you are a woman, when did you last wear a dress? More than 15 years ago. I gave all of my dresses and suits away when I retired and before I moved from MD to TN. No sense packing them only to give them away here. I live in machine washable play clothes now.

What mystery do you wish you knew the answer to? I'd like to know who the Americans (two guys and a woman) really were who claimed they were hiking in Iraq during a war and got picked up by the Iranians when they "accidently" crossed into Iran. Do you know any American outdoors types who have hiking in Iraq IN JULY on some must-do activity list? Summer temperatures have been recorded at 123 degrees fahrenheit in Baghdad.

Old 11-26-2022, 11:29 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,644,153 times
Today’s Questions:
------ Unplig when not in use

------ Describing a dream while in progress

----- Never. New batteries cost as much as a new scaje

------ That everything is possible

If you are a woman, when did you last wear a dress? If you are a man, when did you last wear a suit and tie?
----- I alwaays wear aclip-on tie for passport photos. I think I could get used to dresses. Women look so pretty in them. 'if I were a moman, I/d wear them all the time and make them work for me.

What mystery do you wish you knew the answer to?;
----- What happens if I push this button?

Today in History:

Old 11-26-2022, 11:51 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,421,238 times
Good Morning

Today’s Questions:
If you had a warning label, what would it say? She is sensitive

What is your useless talent? Is procrastination a talent?

How often do you weigh yourself? 2-3 times a week

What is the most ridiculous thing you believed as a child? That it would be so much fun being an grown-up, you could do whatever you wanted.

If you are a woman, when did you last wear a dress? If you are a man, when did you last wear a suit and tie? Wearing a dress now.

Today in History:

1895 – At the Swedish–Norwegian Club in Paris, Alfred Nobel signs his last will and testament, setting aside his estate to establish the Nobel Prize after he dies. Interesting...
1924 – In New York City, the first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is held. It is a fun parade. I have been four times.
1965 – Vietnam War: The Pentagon tells U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson that if planned operations are to succeed, the number of American troops in Vietnam must be increased from 120,000 to 400,000.

Thanks for the History lesson Bay!

Today Is:
First Sunday of Advent
Bavarian Cream Pie Day
Craft Jerky Day
Turtle Adoption Day

Enjoy your day...

Old 11-27-2022, 01:37 AM

14,878 posts, read 8,201,917 times
Today’s Questions:
Warning...Dangerous until caffeinated.
So many to chose from how could I ever pick just one?
Twice a year when I go to the Doctor
That swallowing a watermelon seed would make you pregnant.
Oh, I don't like to wear dresses, and avoid them when possible....I might have to wear one every decade or so.
What about the untranslated writings and big heads on Easter Island?

Who was Jack the Ripper?

What happened to DB Cooper? Amelia Earhart? Jimmy Hoffa?

What language is the Voynich Manuscript and what does it say?

Was anyone else involved in the assassination of JFK, besides Oswald? Why won't they release the reports?

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 11-27-2022 at 02:02 AM..

Old 11-27-2022, 06:54 AM

7,401 posts, read 5,514,753 times
Today’s Questions:
If you had a warning label, what would it say? don’t talk to for first 15 minutes upon awakening.

What is your useless talent? I can balance on one leg for a long time.

How often do you weigh yourself? not very often.

What is the most ridiculous thing you believed as a child? that if you swallowed gum it would lodge in your appendix forever.

If you are a woman, when did you last wear a dress? If you are a man, when did you last wear a suit and tie? dress, three years ago on vacation.

What mystery do you wish you knew the answer to? what really happened to Amelia Earhart.

Old 11-27-2022, 07:13 AM

126,403 posts, read 19,156,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Welcome to Questions of the Day for Sunday, November 27, 2022. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Sagittarius. Some famous people born on this date include author and presidential daughter Caroline Kennedy, actress Robin Givens, “Howdy Doody Show” host Buffalo Bob Smith, engineer and educator Bill Nye ("The Science Guy"), media executive Steve Bannon, German fashion designer Jil Sander, author Gail Sheehy, director-producer Les Blank and Filipino journalist and politician Benigno Aquino, Jr.

Today’s Questions:
If you had a warning label, what would it say? .......................Meckern ist Verboten/ Complaining is forbidden

What is your useless talent.............Can still balance well on either leg

How often do you weigh yourself?................Not regularly,have a favorite pair of pants,if they get too tight it is a warning sign...lol

What is the most ridiculous thing you believed as a child?..............That a monster hides in the outhouse toilet

If you are a woman, when did you last wear a dress?.................Today
If you are a man, when did you last wear a suit and tie?

What mystery do you wish you knew the answer to?................So many thoughts...

Today in History:
176 – Emperor Marcus Aurelius grants his son Commodus the rank of "Imperator" and makes him Supreme Commander of the Roman legions.
395 – Rufinus, praetorian prefect of the East, is murdered by Gothic mercenaries under Gainas.
511 – King Clovis, king of the Franks, dies at Lutetia and is buried in the Abbey of St. Geneviève in Paris.
602 – Byzantine Emperor Maurice is forced to watch as the usurper Phocas executes his five sons before Maurice is beheaded himself.
1095 – Pope Urban II declares the First Crusade at the Council of Clermont.
1727 – The foundation stone to the Jerusalem Church in Berlin is laid.
1809 – The Berners Street hoax is perpetrated by Theodore Hook in the City of Westminster, London.
1815 – Adoption of the Constitution of the Kingdom of Poland.
1835 – James Pratt and John Smith are hanged in London; they are the last two to be executed for sodomy in England.
1856 – The Coup of 1856 leads to Luxembourg's unilateral adoption of a new, reactionary constitution.
1863 – American Civil War: Confederate cavalry leader John Hunt Morgan and several of his men escape the Ohio Penitentiary and return safely to the South.
1863 – American Civil War: Battle of Mine Run: Union forces under General George Meade take up positions against troops led by Confederate General Robert E. Lee.
1868 – American Indian Wars: Battle of Wa****a River: United States Army Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer leads an attack on Cheyenne living on reservation land.
1895 – At the Swedish–Norwegian Club in Paris, Alfred Nobel signs his last will and testament, setting aside his estate to establish the Nobel Prize after he dies.
1896 – “Also Sprach Zarathustra” by Richard Strauss is first performed.
1901 – The U.S. Army War College is established.
1912 – Spain declares a protectorate over the north shore of Morocco.
1924 – In New York City, the first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is held.
1940 – In Romania, the ruling Iron Guard fascist party assassinates over 60 of arrested King Carol II of Romania's aides and other political dissidents.
1940 – World War II: At the Battle of Cape Spartivento, the Royal Navy engages the Regia Marina in the Mediterranean Sea.
1942 – World War II: At Toulon, the French navy scuttles its ships and submarines to keep them out of Nazi hands.
1944 – World War II: RAF Fauld explosion: An explosion at a Royal Air Force ammunition dump in Staffordshire kills seventy people.
1945 – CARE (then the Cooperative for American Remittances to Europe) is founded to send CARE Packages of food relief to Europe after World War II.
1954 – Alger Hiss is released from prison after serving 44 months for perjury.
1968 – Penny Ann Early becomes the first woman to play major professional basketball for the Kentucky Colonels in an ABA game against the Los Angeles Stars.
1971 – The Soviet space program's Mars 2 orbiter releases a descent module. It malfunctions and crashes, but it is the first man-made object to reach the surface of Mars.
1973 – Twenty-fifth Amendment: The United States Senate votes 92–3 to confirm Gerald Ford as Vice President of the United States. (On December 6, the House will confirm him 387–35).
1975 – The Provisional IRA assassinates Ross McWhirter, after a press conference in which McWhirter had announced a reward for the capture of those responsible for multiple bombings and shootings across England.
1978 – In San Francisco, city mayor George Moscone and openly gay city supervisor Harvey Milk are assassinated by former supervisor Dan White.
1984 – Under the Brussels Agreement signed between the governments of the United Kingdom and Spain, the former agrees to begin discussions with Spain over Gibraltar, including sovereignty.
1992 – For the second time in a year, military forces try to overthrow President Carlos Andrés Pérez in Venezuela.
1999 – The center-left Labour Party takes control of the New Zealand government with leader Helen Clark becoming the first elected female Prime Minister in New Zealand's history.
2001 – A hydrogen atmosphere is discovered on the extrasolar planet Osiris by the Hubble Space Telescope, the first atmosphere detected on an extrasolar planet.
2004 – Pope John Paul II returns the relics of Saint John Chrysostom to the Eastern Orthodox Church.
2006 – The House of Commons of Canada approves a motion introduced by Prime Minister Stephen Harper recognizing the Québécois as a nation within Canada.
2020 – Iran's top nuclear scientist, Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, is assassinated near Tehran.
2020 – Days after the announcement of its discovery, the Utah monolith (a pop-up metal monolith that drew international attention), is removed by recreationists.

Word of the Day:
hauteur /hōˈtər/noun
Haughtiness of manner; disdainful pride.
“She swept into the room with formidable hauteur.”

Quote of the Day:
“We have to move from the unbridled pursuit of self-gain at the expense of others to recovering appreciation for what we gain by caring and sharing with one another.”
- Gail Sheehy

Today Is:
First Sunday of Advent
Bavarian Cream Pie Day
Craft Jerky Day
Turtle Adoption Day

Thank you Bayarea

Old 11-27-2022, 07:13 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,294,953 times
Thank you so much, BayArea!

If you had a warning label, what would it say? Slippery When Wet. OK no. Must. Have. Coffee.

What is your useless talent? I can guess things like the number of beans in a jar or the number of toothpicks or whatever. Pretty useless unless there's a prize, which there occasionally is.

How often do you weigh yourself? Every morning first thing.

What is the most ridiculous thing you believed as a child? I honestly believed that when we slept, if we slept with gum in our mouths, that the gum would travel through our ear and get out of it and get in our hair.

If you are a woman, when did you last wear a dress? If you are a man, when did you last wear a suit and tie? OMG, I don't even remember - maybe four years ago.

What mystery do you wish you knew the answer to? I wish I knew who killed the four college students in Idaho. I mean, not personally however! LOL that was bad. Sorry. But I do wish I knew who had done that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics