Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2022, 08:17 PM

12,825 posts, read 3,012,539 times

Advertisements

Have you given or received gifts any time this year?

What are you doing Sunday even if it's ordinary?

Would you ever consider cosmetic surgery?

Have you had a vehicle totaled?

What plans do you have for 2023?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2022, 08:46 PM

3,256 posts, read 1,087,594 times
Yes.
One hour meditation with other yogis early in the morning. Skype with my family after lunch. Taking a nap probably in the afternoon. Going to the ocean for a walk in the evening. Something like that.
No. Only if it's for reconstruction.
No.
To get rid of a bad habit. Go get in a better shape, physically. To go to Europe in the fall if I will be able. And a few others, more personal.

Have a wonderful Christmas everybody!

Old 12-23-2022, 08:52 PM

37,829 posts, read 41,169,632 times
Have you given or received gifts any time this year? yes

What are you doing Sunday even if it's ordinary? Still haven't figured out if I will go outside. Depends on the temperature. Will feed the birds and squirrels.

Would you ever consider cosmetic surgery? No

Have you had a vehicle totaled? Yes.

What plans do you have for 2023? Hopefully, I don't have to have heart surgery. Should know in mid-January. For 3 weeks in the Spring will make my annual road trip during bird migration in the Spring. Will participate in one of my photography clubs' digital salon competitions usually the end of February and another in late Fall in the other club. Already have some doctor appointments scheduled for regular annual visits. My passenger side window won't go down in my car since I got a new battery and I will probably be getting that taken care of the first week of January. Thinking of buying another camera. Will purchase new megapixel software as soon as my files are finished being restored which should be in another 2 weeks. I'm pretty boring. Maybe something exciting will pop up.

Old 12-23-2022, 09:20 PM
bjh

60,340 posts, read 30,553,798 times
Yes, mostly small things between family members.
Visit with family.
Nope.
Yep. Someone ran into it in traffic. Totaled her own car too.
Just some things around the house and yard.

Thanks, PegE!

Old 12-23-2022, 09:58 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,642,908 times
Have you given or received gifts any time this year? Yup. Given birthday presents to the grand youngsters. Too old to receive.

What are you doing Sunday even if it's ordinary? Going to try to go to church, even if it's still between 0 and 10 degrees

Would you ever consider cosmetic surgery? I can think of a whole lot better things to do with my money

Have you had a vehicle totaled? 3. One by a horse!

What plans do you have for 2023? To make it to 2024!

Old 12-23-2022, 11:02 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,029,872 times
.....Nope

....Sleeping in. If the roads are OK I will go for a drive.

.....Nope

.....Sort of. My truck was totaled as it was going to cost $12,000 to fix. The book value of the truck was only $5,000. However, when the insurance agent wrote my policy, she talked me into including a clause where the insurance company would buy me a brand new truck if they totaled my old truck. Since a new replacement truck was currently $20,000, they opted to fix my old truck. I took $12,000 in cash instead. Plus, I still had the wrecked truck which I sold for $2,000. That 3 dollar a month clause made me the winner and the insurance company the loser.

What plans do you have for 2023
.....I am not saying why, but Aug 17, 2023 will be celebrated by me. Maybe take a trip. Will be consuming stinky cheese and cheap beer.

Old 12-23-2022, 11:10 PM

21,659 posts, read 8,810,677 times
Yes, mostly for Mr. Bay. I also buy my own gifts, too, because he is 82 with mobility issues and bad eyesight, so he isn't able to go shopping any more or shop online.
I will be staying home and reheating the leftover roast turkey dinner.
Yes, I would, but nothing drastic. Just an eye lift and a neck lift.
My first car, a VW Beetle, was accordioned when it was parked on the street and a drunk driver rammed into it. Another time the engine died on my 5-speed Honda Accord while I was driving down a parking garage ramp. I couldn't stop without the power brakes and steering, and I ran into a wall.
Replace the kitchen stovetop, hood, sink, countertop and backsplash.
Find an attorney and make a will.
Resume working out at the Y after a three-year Covid break.

Thanks, PegE!

Old 12-23-2022, 11:16 PM

44,711 posts, read 61,932,446 times
Have you given or received gifts any time this year? Not yet.

What are you doing Sunday even if it's ordinary? Spouse and I will be eating and watching football. We may drive around the area after dark to see the numerous lighted & decorated x-mas displays in the yards around our area.

Would you ever consider cosmetic surgery? No.

Have you had a vehicle totaled? Not me, many years ago spouse's car was totaled by a speeding red light runner that destroyed 5 vehicles.

What plans do you have for 2023? With the exception of going to doctor appointments and grocery shopping, and being the primary caregiver, it's a day to day thing.

"Merry Christmas"

Old 12-24-2022, 01:33 AM

11,422 posts, read 9,351,902 times
Have you given or received gifts any time this year? - I'm giving the "gift of life" later today as I have an appointment to give a blood donation. I got 2 emails yesterday which is the first time I recall getting a desperate plea for blood donors with Type O due to a critical shortage. Going a bit out of my way to go to my favorite facility in about 10 hours.

Earlier this month I got the biggest bonus I ever got this time of year. It's the only present I got and the only one I expected. Just started this part-time job 3 months ago and I'm making major contributions to this small company.

What are you doing Sunday even if it's ordinary? - An Indian buffet lunch is possible. Other than that likely just the usual...

Would you ever consider cosmetic surgery? - No interest.

Have you had a vehicle totaled? - When I was 16, the only time I ever had an accident that was my fault. I blame bad parenting for that.

What plans do you have for 2023? - It's too personal...

Thanks, PegE!

Old 12-24-2022, 03:33 AM

7,996 posts, read 5,430,753 times
Good Morning--

Have you given or received gifts any time this year? Yes

What are you doing Sunday even if it's ordinary? Hanging out at home, opening presents, having a nice breakfast, making dinner, watching a movie

Would you ever consider cosmetic surgery? Yes--but I am too afraid of something going wrong.

What plans do you have for 2023? Travel, self improvement

-13 with the wind chill factor. Brrrrrr.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics