Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2023, 09:42 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,595,151 times

Advertisements

Q Questions for Monday, January 30, 2023
=

1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car? Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway?

2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ??

3. Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with a Native American about their culture and traditions?

4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind?

5. How often do you have a professional cut/style your hair?

6. Are you careful to use politically-correct language?

7. Do you recycle?

8. Did you learn to ride bike on a one-speed, or with gears? Training wheels?

9. Do you read the phone book, when in a motel?

10. Do you ever listen to non-English pop music from other countries?

Go back and elaborate more, if you have the tim and energy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2023, 09:59 PM

5,575 posts, read 6,501,669 times
Q Questions for Monday, January 30, 2023 First! I've almost never been "first" in anything!
=

1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car? Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway? A. 87 mph. B. Well below, I know I have never driven with someone at very high speeds.

2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ?? REAL butter only. Land O'Lakes only.

3. Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with a Native American about their culture and traditions? No.

4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind? Trey Kennedy (he's a cutie, ladies), and Michael McIntyre.

5. How often do you have a professional cut/style your hair? Twice a year.

6. Are you careful to use politically-correct language? I don't use slang or vulgar names regarding any person. For the totally "ignant" things, I use PC words in a "make fun of" way.

7. Do you recycle? Yes. And I have seen the videos of what REALLY goes on. But, I feel like I am doing something with all the trash me, as only one person, generates. So I can feel good about my efforts.

8. Did you learn to ride bike on a one-speed, or with gears? Training wheels? A BOYS regular bike. And an abandoned boys bike at that.

9. Do you read the phone book, when in a motel? No. Who does that?

10. Do you ever listen to non-English pop music from other countries? No. Getting my nails done at my first visit to a nail salon the other day I was forced to listen to foreign language rock and pop songs. I did not care for it.

Go back and elaborate more, if you have the tim and energy. I'm good, thanks.

Old 01-29-2023, 11:25 PM

37,796 posts, read 40,996,819 times
=

1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car?
85. Got my license suspended (60 days) in NY but not for the speed (20 miles over the then speed limit) but for getting a moving violation when I was within months after I got my license. At the time it was an automatic suspension, a fine and a class in the courthouse with other types of punished drivers for various type of violations. The one who was punished was my then husband who worked until 2 in the morning but then had to get up at 6:00A to drive me to work.
Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway? Don't know.

2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ?? Name brand butter.

3. Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with a Native American about their culture and traditions? No.

4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind? Bill Engvall, John Pinette, Alan King, Jeff Dunham with Walter.

5. How often do you have a professional cut/style your hair? Once or twice per year.

6. Are you careful to use politically-correct language? Nope. Don't do it.

7. Do you recycle? Nope. My apartment complex has one huge dumpster and a private carting company. Same was true for my apartment complex in Maryland. That covers 27 years. When I go to a hotel in another state, I don't know how to recycle.

8. Did you learn to ride bike on a one-speed, or with gears? Training wheels? It was a 24 inch used red bike with nothing special. Don't remember training wheels. My sister had them. The bike after that one was a new 26 inch English racer with all the bells and whistles.

9. Do you read the phone book, when in a motel? No, but I'm just as boring. I review the photos I took that day, charge my cameras' and phone batteries, eat in my room and go to sleep early so I can be up and out by sunrise (with the birds).

10. Do you ever listen to non-English pop music from other countries? No.

Go back and elaborate more, if you have the time and energy.

Old 01-29-2023, 11:26 PM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
Questions for Monday, January 30, 2023

1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car? 140 mph. Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway? 120 mph.

2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ?? Buttah.

4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind? Jack Benny.

5. How often do you have a professional cut/style your hair? Go to regular barber @ every 6 weeks

6. Are you careful to use politically-correct language? I try to.

7. Do you recycle? Always.

8. Did you learn to ride bike on a one-speed, or with gears? Training wheels? Regular 1 speed no training wheels.

9. Do you read the phone book, when in a motel? Lol no. Haven't seen a phone book in a motel or anywhere else in ages.

10. Do you ever listen to non-English pop music from other countries? No.

Old 01-29-2023, 11:45 PM

11,364 posts, read 9,277,086 times
1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car? - 120 MPH. I did that 3 times as a teen. As an adult in 2012 - 105 MPH.

Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway? - Nothing to tell. I've almost always been the driver. Extremely rare I am a passenger anymore.

2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ?? - I pay extra and buy good butter made by smaller companies.

3. Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with a Native American about their culture and traditions? - Never knew someone that close from the culture.

4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind? - Rodney Dangerfield is my all time favorite.

5. How often do you have a professional cut/style your hair? - About every 6-7 weeks.

6. Are you careful to use politically-correct language? - Yes. I work in an office and I heard enough hints from 2 of my colleagues to stay away from politics.

7. Do you recycle? - Whenever possible. I go out of my way to do so at times.

8. Did you learn to ride bike on a one-speed, or with gears? Training wheels? - I remember the latter.

9. Do you read the phone book, when in a motel? - Don't remember the last time I saw one of those.

10. Do you ever listen to non-English pop music from other countries? - Not in decades.

Go back and elaborate more, if you have the time and energy. - I'm in the middle of my sleep right now and I am good. Thanks.

Old 01-30-2023, 12:03 AM

61,659 posts, read 87,041,175 times
=

1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car? Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway?

Fast. I drove on an Autobahn for years. Love fast driving. Not sure, 140mph or so? Cars and tires are speed limited. You don't want to drive them fasten than that.

Butter, cultured if possible. Make my own sometimes.
Chemically speaking margarine is almost plastic. Not what i would want to eat.

3. Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with a Native American about their culture and traditions?

I don't think i personally know any Native American.

I don't care for them.

I take care of my own hair (wash/cut/style).. In the past it included perm and color. I am my own professional

Depends to whom I am speaking to and where. When I am back overseas - no. No one cares or pay attention to that silly trend. People speak up and don't go around the bush or cherry top every word. They say the truth, not lies that sound good, but are insincere. Nothing vulgar or derogatory, though.

7. Do you recycle?

Very much so. Whatever is recommended in the US, or required overseas (which is a lot!).
Recycling overseas is on completely different level. There is no trash laying around or plastic bags hanging on the trees.
Back home we recycle paper, glass, metal, fabrics, technology items + batteries, plastic, compost and more. Recycling is taken very seriously.

Those are recycling cans every house is getting from the city:

Restaurants and food stores recycle food scraps and give it to farmers.

Those are recycling boxes placed around the city for public to use. Discarding recycled stuff in other places is fined.

Want to know more? Rules are pretty much the same in most EU countries:
https://www.thelocal.de/20210614/exp...ing-in-germany

Learned as a kid. Child bike, one speed.

Didn't see those for a long time. Used to check them for coupons.

Yes, love my Radio Garden app.

Elaborated on recycling...lol

Thank you for the Q, arr!!

Last edited by elnina; 01-30-2023 at 12:36 AM..

Old 01-30-2023, 12:22 AM

21,535 posts, read 8,718,127 times
I think I've hit 85 mph a couple of times. When I realized how fast I was going, I immediately slowed down. Fastest I can remember as a passenger was 100 mph, although I was very young and I'm not sure I read the speedometer correctly, but I remember being terrified.
Good quality butter, always. We only had margarine growing up, but when I discovered butter there was no looking back.
No, I've never had the privilege. I have read several books about the indigenous people of North America, including a biography of Black Elk. I just finished reading "Indigenous Continent," a history of the original occupants of the United States and how fiercely they fought to protect their land and their way of life against the English and European invaders.
Robin Williams.
About every six or seven weeks.
Most of the time.
7. Do you recycle?
As much as possible.
One speed. My brother, sitting on the back, was my "training wheels."
Only if I need to look something up.
Occasionally.

Thanks, arr430!

Old 01-30-2023, 12:42 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,382,942 times
Good Morning

1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car? Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway? I don't know--I like being at a safe speed. Too many deer around here to be going very fast.

2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ?? Unsalted butter, name brand

3. Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with a Native American about their culture and traditions? Yes

4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind? Ronny Chieng (actually any of those comedians on The Daily Show)

5. How often do you have a professional cut/style your hair? About every six weeks.

6. Are you careful to use politically-correct language? Yes. I believe politically-correct=good manners

7. Do you recycle?

8. Did you learn to ride bike on a one-speed, or with gears? Training wheels? One-speed

Happy Monday!

Old 01-30-2023, 01:44 AM

1,365 posts, read 611,903 times

Good morning

1. What's the fastest you ever drove a car?………….80+, and got a ticket.

Fastest you rode as passenger on the highway?………..Autobahn 140-ish. My wife was driving and she let loose. When we came back to the states she wondered why everyone was driving so slow. It took her a bit to adjust.

2. Butter or cheap margarine, or name-brand ??……………Butter at home replaced with EVOO. Butter at restaurants is a guess.

3. Have you ever had a lengthy conversation with a Native American about their culture and traditions?…………..Yes, from Central and So. America. We don’t have many NA in our area, the ones we do have is an hour or two drive away where there is a community of Jackson Whites in NJ’s Ramapo Mts. but they are isolated and a mysterious people who do not trust strangers.

4. Who is one of the funniest comedians who come to mind?…………..Sacha Baron Cohen

5. How often do you have a professional cut/style your hair?……………

6. Are you careful to use politically-correct language?……………….Not much. I’m from a different generation and the PCL terminologies tend to confuse me.

7. Do you recycle?……..Yes

8. Did you learn to ride bike on a one-speed, or with gears? Training wheels?………..Training wheels

9. Do you read the phone book, when in a motel?………….No

10. Do you ever listen to non-English pop music from other countries?……………Yes. I love listening to all sorts of music.

Good questions, Thx.

Happy crazy Monday all!

Old 01-30-2023, 02:28 AM

14,768 posts, read 8,097,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
=

Speed limit. Not a speeder....as a passenger - I have ridden in cars where people were driving really really fast....don't remember the exact amount.
Butter always (hate margarine!)brand name usually but have bought store brand kind also.
Yes and No....conversation yes, lengthy not really. My Aunt married a full blooded American Indian and they also had ten children together.(I have 10 cousins who are half American Indian, half German American!) My husbands one Grandfather was an American Indian who married an Irish American -his other Grandparents are from Poland.

As needed
I always try to let kindness and good manners be my guide, but not always a fan of political correctness, because sometimes it can kill honesty and spontaneity...but no, I would never be cruel or unkind or racist to someone.
(I am a baby boomer,so at times I even wonder what is politically correct and what isn't....and I still have no idea of what "woke" is even suppose to mean or be...other than 'not asleep!')
But I always try to be kind and polite and respectful of people.

7. Do you recycle?
Yes or at least I try to as much as possible.
A kid bike....don't remember much more about it than that
Never been that bored!
No

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 01-30-2023 at 03:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics