Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 08:59 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,601,915 times

Advertisements

Questions for Monday, 13 February 2023

1. Do you have a matching canister set? What's in them?

2. What jewelry are you now wearing?

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited?
'
4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? What?

5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success?

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge.

7. Ever work the all-night shift?

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for?

9. Did tou ever sleep in a bed with fleas?

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Why not?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2023 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: Corrected date error.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2023, 09:24 PM

3,125 posts, read 1,011,740 times
No.
This moment? None.
None, I don't like zoos.
No, but I do watch documentaries about it. Chocolate (Swiss) or Panforte di Siena (un dolce/dessert) for example.
5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success?
None, except my husband.
6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge.
A city in my native country.
Never.
Yes., as a child, a plane.
No.
10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Why not?
Yes. Yes (I do a yoga/breathing exercise).

Thanks.

Old 02-12-2023, 10:40 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Don't have any.

2. What jewelry are you now wearing? A watch. It's the only jewelry I ever wear these days.

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited? The Bronx Zoo (NYC) when I was a kid and the National Zoo in Washington DC. I used to live across the street from the National Zoo entrance on upper Connecticut Avenue when I was 19 - 20. All other zoos have been small ones.

4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? What? Utica Club Beer in Utica, NY. Totally wasted on me. I had root beer after the tour. I worked in a factory for a few months where they made parts for helicopters used during the Vietnam War but I didn't make them. I just tested them (Quality Control) and no one would tour a factory that just made parts. Plus, it was off limits to the public. Don't think I would tour a place that made things, now, if I wasn't allowed to take photos and that would probably be most of them.

5, How many people have you known in your life that you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success? In hindsight, two, before the one I did marry. At the time, marriage never occurred to me. One guy, I treated badly who didn't deserve it and wish I could have a do over.

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge. Dover, Delaware where I go on vacation. I'm not a city person at all.

7. Ever work the all-night shift? No

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for? No

9. Did you ever sleep in a bed with fleas? No

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Maybe, If I had something that doesn't move to help me pull myself up. My arms are strong. It might take a while. By "by yourself" I'm thinking you mean another person.
Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Why not? Why would I? I can't think of a reason to lie flat on the floor at my age. I don't sit or kneel on the floor, either, which is why I usually need help to assemble large things.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2023 at 08:55 AM..

Old 02-12-2023, 11:26 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times

1. Do you have a matching canister set? No. What's in them?

2. What jewelry are you now wearing? None, I never wear jewelry.

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited? Los Angeles Zoo, San Diego Zoo, Taranga Zoo in Sydney Australia.
'
4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? Yes. What? Coors brewery in Colorado, Anheuser Busch brewery in Florida, Harley Davidson factory in Wisconsin, Cheese factory in Wisconsin, Clothing factory in Bejing China.

5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success? I knew a few possibilities but settled on one.

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge. Omaha, Nebraska. But the GPS does a better job most towns/cities.

7. Ever work the all-night shift? A few times.

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for? Nope.

9. Did tou ever sleep in a bed with fleas? Lordy no!

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Sometimes I need assistance. Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Only when I fall. Why not? It's not fun., it usually hurts.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2023 at 08:56 AM..

Old 02-12-2023, 11:41 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times

Not canisters, but I have a set of French canning jars that I use as canisters.
Just a wedding band.
San Francisco, Central Park, Portland (Oregon).
I've toured the Hershey factory and the Henry Weinhart brewery.
Three. I married two of them. One got away, but in retrospect I realize it was for the best.
Portland, Oregon.
Yes, for over three years. It's a terrible way to live.
Not that I recall.
No, thank goodness.
Yes, I can. I don't usually lie on the floor. Furniture is much more comfortable.

Thanks, arr430!

Old 02-13-2023, 12:14 AM

61,727 posts, read 87,147,355 times

Yes. I live in Texas, so it's safe to keep food in airtight canisters. Some are matching, some not but they contain sugar, flour, potato starch, rice, cereal, noodle, variety of grains, spices, etc. I also have some canisters aka twist off jars with small stuff like nails screws, washers, hooks, anchors, etc. sorted by size or use

Nothing. I remove all my jewelry when at home.

In many US and European cities.

4.Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? What?

Yes, when I was in school, it was a part of curriculum: dairy, furniture, glass, probably some more - I don't remember.

I was briefly married and had few great relationships, but I am not a wife material. Not interested in marriage.

Berlin, Houston, Austin, Dallas, some smaller cities.

7.Ever work the all-night shift?

No. I never worked any shifts.

Years ago a plane. When they couldn't find my ticket in the system.

Huh? Didn't sleep with any bugs.

Yes, l can, and I slept on the floor few times too when the bed was too soft to sleep on. I am used to sleep on very firm mattresses since my childhood and all my mattresses are extra firm at home. I request firm mattress when traveling.
They feel like l am lying on the floor

Thank you, arr for the Monday Questions

Old 02-13-2023, 12:48 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,286,148 times

1. Do you have a matching canister set? What's in them? - Don't have.

2. What jewelry are you now wearing? - Nothing. I'm in the middle of my sleep now, the only jewelry I ever wear is a watch. I did buy a brand new one yesterday.
Looking forward to it's arrival.

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited? - Washington, DC, Baltimore, and San Diego.
'
4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? What? - Nope.

5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success? - Probably none. I never wanted children, FWIW. My one and only marriage was a disaster that I deeply regret.

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge. - I have the most experience with San Francisco's BART. NYC would be second.

7. Ever work the all-night shift? - No

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for? - Never did that either.

9. Did you ever sleep in a bed with fleas? - Heck no.

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? - I can but I'd rather not. Actually lying on the floor is something i haven't done in a very long time.

Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Why not? - My bed is a way better option.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2023 at 08:57 AM..

Old 02-13-2023, 01:00 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Good Morning

1. Do you have a matching canister set?

2. What jewelry are you now wearing? earrings, bracelet, watch

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited? Chicago, Cleveland, two in San Diego, Washington D.C., Baltimore is all I can think of at the moment
'
4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? What? Many: Crayola, Utz, U.S.Mint, tea, chocolate, beer, wine, whisky. Too early to think of the others...

5. How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success? Never crossed my mind to think about this

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge. Chicago, Zürich, Washington D.C. Baltimore

9. Did you ever sleep in a bed with fleas?

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Do you ever lie flat on the floor?

Happy Monday!

Old 02-13-2023, 03:37 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,601,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
OP Disclosure

----- no

----- Stainless steel wedding band. Never more. excepy cheap watch when traveling.

----- Milwaukee, St. Louis, San Diegu, Topeka, Granby Quebec, New Orleans, Kansas Cjfy.
'
----- Tuborg Beer. Worked in a canning factory, loading dock, never saw the process.

----- Probably about 50. Every girl I ever dated twice,, I must have felt OK about, I'm pretty adaptable.

------ Milwaukee

----- Maybe about ten times

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you h
a ticket/reservations for?
----- Dont think so

----- Valparaiso Chile and Tananarive Madagascar. They're everywhere, can't get rid of them.

Slept on the floor ten years, through my 70s, threw my bed away.

Old 02-13-2023, 04:43 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,266,863 times
No. That was a 50's-60's clutter thing. I threw my canister set away many years ago. I have no ants, bugs, spiders, or mice here.

2. What jewelry are you now wearing? Just a ring

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited? Only one, and I never wanted to visit another.
'
4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? What? Yes, a few times, as part of my business, I've visited those that manufacture modular and doublewide homes.

5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success? N/A

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge. N/A

7. Ever work the all-night shift? No

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for? No

9. Did tou ever sleep in a bed with fleas? No

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Yes. In my job, I have to crawl around and climb, so I'm up and down all day long. Do you ever lie flat on the floor? N/AWhy not? No need to lie on the floor.

Thanks, arr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics