Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 08:03 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,003,579 times

Advertisements

Greetings. I wish I could say I was successful getting questions when I raided bjh's supply of questions. But he hid the questions somewhere I could not find.

Sunday's Questions:

Have you ever made your own ice cream?

What would you say is the ideal temperature outside?

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know?

What is a rough estimate of the number of miles on your car?

How many years of science classes did you take in high school?

Have you filed your taxes yet?

Well, that's all for now. I just might have a birthday next week. So, off to buy a gift to surprise myself with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2023, 09:19 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,598,707 times
Sunday's Questions:

----- Yes. The outcome did not inspire me to try again.

------ 88-F

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know?
------ Yes, a few times. Forgot were. China was one. I think, in Spain, if you sre alone, you'll be seated at a tale with a lone diner.

----- No car now, but they usually had well over 100-k when I bought them.

----- Haven't filed since 1991

Well,

Old 02-11-2023, 09:50 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Sunday's Questions:

Have you ever made your own ice cream? No

What would would you say is the ideal temperature outside? Any temperature in the 50s. I'll go with 55.

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know? Yes. Don't like it. It would be the last time I ate there.

What is a rough estimate of the number of miles on your car? Think it is somewhere between 22,000 and 23,000 miles.

How many years of science classes did you take in high school? 4 - I was going for a Regents Science Diploma. You had to take and pass 4 years of science and 3 years of math to get one.

Have you filed your taxes yet? No. Will take it to tax preparer next month.

Old 02-11-2023, 10:49 PM

21,541 posts, read 8,724,324 times
Sunday's Questions:

No, I've never done that. Back in the days when my family held annual reunion picnics, my aunt Eleanor and Katie would sometimes bring their ice cream freezers. That was a treat.

Between 68º and 72º F (20º and 22º C).

Yes, I have. It was fun.

About 12K.

One.

Not yet.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Mutt, and thanks for the questions!

Old 02-11-2023, 10:53 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Have you ever made your own ice cream? When I was a kid our family made our own ice cream for several summers. Best ice cream ever.

What would you say is the ideal temperature outside? 75F

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know? Yes at many venues like county fairs, auto shows and other places where they had outdoor eating places with long tables and lots of people sat there and ate their burgers, hotdogs etal..

What is a rough estimate of the number of miles on your car? Just turned 54,000 yesterday.

How many years of science classes did you take in high school? 3 that I remember.

Have you filed your taxes yet? Nope.

Well, that's all for now. I just might have a birthday next week. So, off to buy a gift to surprise myself with. Will it be stinky cheese and cheap beer again this year?

Old 02-12-2023, 02:11 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,385,476 times
Good Morning

Sunday's Questions:

What would you say is the ideal temperature outside? It is Winter here, I like it when it is a bit chilly. Other seasons, mid 70's is good.

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know? Once at a Bed & Breakfast near Yosemite, the Hostess was amazing introducing people. Great conversations.

What is a rough estimate of the number of miles on your car? 98,000 miles

How many years of science classes did you take in high school? Four

Have you filed your taxes yet? No, not looking forward to it. Uncle Sam normally wants more.

Well, that's all for now. I just might have a birthday next week. So, off to buy a gift to surprise myself with.
Hope your birthday week is wonderful Make sure you buy an extra gift and make it from me!

Old 02-12-2023, 02:37 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Greetings. I wish I could say I was successful getting questions when I raided bjh's supply of questions. But he hid the questions somewhere I could not find.

Sunday's Questions:

Yeah, but homemade ice cream is too soft for me.

Up to 75F

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know.

I used to always share table with strangers!! It’s human interaction in primal form and a great way to meet people!
Only in the US people don't want to share table, even when they dine alone. Strange, though, they don't mind to share space with strangers at the bar ...

60K. It just started to remind me about 60K maintenance check.

4 years in HS (plus 5 in elementary and and 8 in university)

My accountant does that. Probably by the end of the month.

Old 02-12-2023, 03:01 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,282,640 times
Sunday's Questions:

Have you ever made your own ice cream? - Never

What would you say is the ideal temperature outside? - 75 degrees Fahrenheit.

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know? - Can't recall that. If it happened it was decades ago.

What is a rough estimate of the number of miles on your car? - 150K. My Honda Accord is so dependable I'm going to keep it until it dies. A service adviser I've been seeing when I bring my car in for routine service says the mileage I have "is nothing."

How many years of science classes did you take in high school? - 2 - 3 years.

Have you filed your taxes yet? - No. I'm going to owe this year, unfortunately...

Well, that's all for now. I just might have a birthday next week. So, off to buy a gift to surprise myself with. - Cool! Happy birthday and I hope it is something nice. I'm actually thinking about doing the same for mine next month and it's something I may not have ever done. I spent about 2 hours looking last night. I want to buy soon before I get my taxes done and change my mind...

Spoiler
Okay, I know it's not necessary but I want a new watch. The one I currently have is having age problems.

Thanks, again!

Last edited by John13; 02-12-2023 at 03:18 AM..

Old 02-12-2023, 06:47 AM

1,368 posts, read 613,117 times

I think no birthday cake for bjh

Good morning!

Sunday's Questions:

Have you ever made your own ice cream?…………With the help of a machine, yes. I was surprised how good it was.

What would you say is the ideal temperature outside?………….Mm! I like cold temps, when cold 10 or less. When warm 66 to to 70.

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know?………..Yes, community tables. Some were enjoyable others weren’t when they came along with their friends and didn’t interact with others. It’s certainly not for everyone.

How many years of science classes did you take in high school?………..4

Have you filed your taxes yet?…………….Working on it.

…………..Have a nice and peaceful birthday, Mr Mutt, a year of good health and beyond.

THX!

Happy fun day, folks.

Old 02-12-2023, 07:36 AM

126,272 posts, read 19,045,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Sunday's Questions:

Have you ever made your own ice cream?......Yes I have

What would you say is the ideal temperature outside?.......Around 23 C to 25 C heat

Ever eaten somewhere that used long tables and would seat at your table people you did not know?.............Yes at Oktoberfest and celebrations

What is a rough estimate of the number of miles on your car?.........Sold mine years ago

How many years of science classes did you take in high school?.....Up to grade 12

Have you filed your taxes yet?......Not yet,still waiting for tax slips

Thank you Alaskan Mutt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics