Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 08:40 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,103,317 times

Advertisements

Questions for Monday, 13 February 2023

1. Do you have a matching canister set? What's in them? No cannisters at all any more.

2. What jewelry are you now wearing? None

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited? San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, San Diego, Honolulu, Phoenix.
'
4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? What? In 1970 I toured the factory in Massena NY where at the time GM made the aluminum transmission cases.

5, How many people have you known in your life that you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success? May two, one I did marry.

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge. Seattle.

7. Ever work the all-night shift? No, but I have worked all night a few times to complete a special project on time.

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for? No, just a few close calls

9. Did you ever sleep in a bed with fleas? No, thank goodness.

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Why not? Yes, no, and no reason to lay on the floor much, but I do so when working on plumbing under the sink, or laying on the ground working on my classic car,.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-13-2023 at 09:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2023, 09:13 AM

44,348 posts, read 20,049,980 times
1. Do you have a matching canister set? No. What's in them?N/A

2. What jewelry are you now wearing? Just my Fitbit.

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited? Brookfield Zoo near Chicago. Also a few small local zoos such as the Fort Wayne Childrens Zoo in Indiana.
'
4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? Yes. What? When I was a kid, the Wonder Bread factory near Chicago; several wineries and breweries; Ben & Jerry's ice creamery in VT; Fair Oaks Farms in IN; a couple others that I can't think of at the moment.

5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success? One.

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge. I don't know my way around well in any large cities, but there are several smaller ones I know well.

7. Ever work the all-night shift? When I did trial work, a few times I worked all night on last-minute trial prep, but I've never been assigned an overnight shift at a company.

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for? Yes, once. A few years ago my boyfriend and I missed a connecting flight to EU because our first flight was several hours late. It was an awful mess.

9. Did tou ever sleep in a bed with fleas? No.

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? I can, but it's quite an effort these days. It's easier with a piece of furniture to hang onto. Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Occasionally, when I'm doing physical therapy exercises. Why not? N/A.

Thanks for the questions, arr. Have a great week, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-13-2023, 09:21 AM

5,575 posts, read 6,500,449 times

1. Do you have a matching canister set? What's in them? Yes, a set of 3 but different solid colors. Basket weave pattern. Tall one contains sugar, next flour, smallest is empty.

2. What jewelry are you now wearing? Now, none. I got up this morning, got dressed, got my hot tea and have been on CD ever since.

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited? Only been to the Detroit Zoo as a kid.
'
4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? What? Yes Twin Pines Dairy in Detroit as a kid/Brownie Scout.

5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success? N/A

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge. N/A

7. Ever work the all-night shift? No.

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for? No.

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Why not? Yes, although I don't lie on the floor. I do have to get on my hands and knees to retrieve something that has fallen and gone underneath a piece of furniture. I no longer have any need or desire to lay flat on the floor.

Old 02-13-2023, 09:41 AM

35,008 posts, read 16,972,291 times
1. Do you have a matching canister set? What's in them? Don't know what that is.

2. What jewelry are you now wearing? My wedding band.

3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited? Bronx Zoo and San Diego Zoo.
'
4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? What? Tabasco Factors in Lafayette, Louisiana

5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success?[b]Just my wife, my one and only.

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge. Albany New York, Washington DC, Toronto Ontario, Quebec City Quebec.

7. Ever work the all-night shift? I don't think so

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for? I don't think so, unless a train where the next one is coming shortly counts

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Yes Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Yes

Old 02-13-2023, 09:57 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,085 times
[quote=arr430;64866827]Questions for Monday, 13 February 2023

1. Do you have a matching canister set? What's in them?
I do. They are vintage with roosters on them but nothing is in them.
2. What jewelry are you now wearing?
Just my wedding ring.
3. What general worldwide zoos have you visited?
We went to one in Belize in the jungle. There was this tapir there with a sign that read if it turns around get away from the fence. We were able to touch it but it turned around so we backed away. Some girls didn't read the sign. We went to a zoo in Brisbane Australia. I got to hold a kola. We took a boat ride too it and there was hundreds of fruit bats flying around. We were in Scotland at a zoo and this seagull swooped down and stole a french fry right off of the plate at the table next to us. It dropped it so I picked up and walked right up to the bird. It took it out of my hand and flew away.
4. Did you ever tour a factory to see how things are made? What?
When I was a child I have a distant memory of one with this big vat of frosting. I remember being told not to touch it but of course someone stuck their finger in it.
5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success?
Just who I'm married to now.
6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge.
Chicago.
7. Ever work the all-night shift?
Oh far too many.
8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for?
Yep. We were driving back from Key West to Miami. We missed the flight to Paradise Island by ten minutes. Trying to return the rental car at the airport was a nightmare.
9. Did tou ever sleep in a bed with fleas?

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Why not?
Yes I can still get up and no I have no desire to lie on a hard floor.

Thanks arr. Going to our friends restaurant soon to touch up the paint job, finish painting the ceiling tiles, and rip up carpet that was glued to the floor. It's 1600 square feet of a nightmare. They wanted to stain and buff the concrete but there is no time to do that. They have a party booked for the 22nd. The only option now is a commercial grade click vinyl which will cost thousands. I'm not sure that will even be done in time. What a mess.

Old 02-13-2023, 10:22 AM

24,450 posts, read 25,984,086 times
Yes, cookies, tea, and snacks.

Watch

Cleveland, OH and San Diego CA.
'
Yes, Machined parts, CNC Machine tools, too, boxes, aircraft skin panels, amplifiers, and speakers.

5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success? 1

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Metro = don't say Boston if you lived in Cambridge.

Nope, did do swing shift sor awhile.

Yes.But I still beat the flight to my destination by a stroke of luck.

No

10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor? Do you ever lie flat on the floor? Why not?
Not any more. Uded to lie flat on the floor years ago for a quick nap.

Thanx aar31. Cool Q's.

Old 02-13-2023, 11:20 AM

4,597 posts, read 2,990,451 times
[quote=arr430;64866827]

Yes; they're handy for storing cereals.

2. What jewelry are you now wearing? None.

Baltimore, DC, LA, San Diego, Seattle.

The Hershey Chocolate 'factory,' but instead of tours of the actual factory,
they had a little Disney-style ride.

5. How many people have you known in your life that you would have liked to marry,
with a fair chance of success? One.

6. What city/metro that you never lived in, do you know your way around in best? Seattle

Swing shift, yes (a pretty good time to work, actually). "Graveyard," never... wouldn't want to.

8. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for? Yes.

9. Did you ever sleep in a bed with fleas? No, thank goodness.

Sure, but why would I want to lie on the floor?

Old 02-13-2023, 11:25 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,001,396 times
. Ever miss a plane, bus or train that you had a ticket/reservations for?

My original answer of none was for times that were my fault. If including times that were the airline's fault, then I would have to say several times. A few times the first flight would arrive just in time for me to see my second flight taking off without me.

Not miss but rather give up a flight I had a ticket on happened a few times. Once, I knew the flight was overbooked and that they would be giving a free round trip anywhere they flew to people giving up their seat. I was in no hurry so I showed up at the gate early so I would be number one on the volunteer list. The gate agent took my ticket. Then about 30 minutes later made an announcement looking for 3 more volunteers. It was so funny watching about 50 people pushing each other out of the way trying to volunteer.

Old 02-13-2023, 11:30 AM

14,767 posts, read 8,097,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post

No....lacking counter space for such things right now.
None - Don't like jewelry
'Just a few smaller ones....been decades ago
Hershey's chocolate Plant in Hershey Pa.
5, How many people have you known in your life hat you would have liked to marry, with a fair chance of success?
Not sure...Never thought about that
None really
Yes, long ago....loved it!

I almost did at the Atlanta Airport one time, I was literally running at top speed (huge airport too) because the flight I flew in on was late, barely made it to transfer to other flight which was at the other end of that very large airport.
9. Did you ever sleep in a bed with fleas?
I did sleep with a spider once though, at a hotel in Nashville....it wasn't good results.
10. Can you get up by yourself from lying on the floor?I suppose, I don't see why not...Something tells me it wouldn't be as easy to do anymore though.

Do you ever lie flat on the floor? No, not in decades...

Why not?
The furniture is more comfy!
(now you have peaked my curiosity, if I lay down on the floor and get stuck down there
I am going to blame you Arrr!)
Thanks Arr!

Old 02-13-2023, 06:35 PM

424 posts, read 159,516 times
I don't think so.

Earrings and necklace.

I don't know. I've been to Tulsa, OK's, of course. I vaguely remember going to one in DC or Baltimore, as well.

Not that I recall.

I was going to answer, but then you said "with a fair chance of success"... In that case, none. None at all.

Hm... I don't think I even know the way around my own metro.

Yes, for four years I worked the night shift. It was unnatural. I hated it, I hope I never have to work that shift ever again.

Not that I recall, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Not that I know of. o.o

I can get up off of the floor. Without meds it would be tough for me, though. I don't tend to lay on the floor, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics