Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2023, 08:16 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,013,798 times

Advertisements

Greetings. Went to the Crappy Questions Are Us store only to find it is closed for the weekend. The note on the door said the employees went to the Pink Plastic Flamingo convention.

Sunday's Questions:

When traveling, even if only a day trip, have you gotten delayed somewhere due to the weather?

Ever spent the night stranded at an airport?

Ever gone out of town overnight for a convention or conference?

Have you eaten an artichoke?

Ever eaten a sandwich that had sauerkraut on it?

Ever had a job washing dishes or delivering newspapers?

Well, that's all. For those of you wanting to know my security moose's name, I have no clue what it is. I just tried calling him Clarence, but all he did was continue eating the leaves on my neighbor's tree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2023, 08:29 PM

21,579 posts, read 8,753,580 times
Sunday's Questions:

When traveling, even if only a day trip, have you gotten delayed somewhere due to the weather?
No, that hasn't happened. But then it's been a long time since I have done any traveling.
No, thank goodness. That must be pretty uncomfortable.
Not since the last high school reunion.
Yes, many times.
Yes, if hot dogs count as sandwiches.
No, only babysitting and ironing.

Thanks, Mr. Mutt...and Clarence...and the pink flamingo....

Old 03-25-2023, 09:27 PM

61,914 posts, read 87,450,383 times
Greetings. Went to the Crappy Questions Are Us store only to find it is closed for the weekend. The note on the door said the employees went to the Pink Plastic Flamingo convention.

Sunday's Questions:

Ever?? Yes. Didn't bother me much.

Many years ago I got stranded on O'Hara due to winter storm. Got a voucher for a hotel and food. Enjoyed both
Other time I missed my connecting flight due to my flight being late. Also got offered room&board + $$$, so l don't mind.

Many times, for work.

Yup. But no matter what I say, you won't try it anyway...

Yup! Some sandwiches in Europe are served with sauerkraut on it. Reuben in the US.

No. No jobs till after I finished my education and started to work in my field. .

Well, that's all. For those of you wanting to know my security moose's name, I have no clue what it is. I just tried calling him Clarence, but all he did was continue eating the leaves on my neighbor's tree.

You should offer him a beer...
Thank you, AM!!! Enjoy your Sunday!

Old 03-25-2023, 09:32 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,078,128 times
Sunday's Questions:

When traveling, even if only a day trip, have you gotten delayed somewhere due to the weather? No. Don't jinx me.

Ever spent the night stranded at an airport? No

Ever gone out of town overnight for a convention or conference? When I was still working. Last time was St. Louis when I worked in DC. I begged to get out of going since I put my paperwork in to retire in 4 months. Even volunteered to hold down the fort while everyone else was away. Boss said, "You're going." Not a fan of St. Louis.

Have you eaten an artichoke? Once

Ever eaten a sandwich that had sauerkraut on it? Had a reuben tonight for dinner.

Ever had a job washing dishes or delivering newspapers? No.

Old 03-25-2023, 10:11 PM

7,383 posts, read 5,497,401 times

Sunday's Questions:

Once, a long time ago, flight from Miami to Chicago, got diverted to Indiana because of a tornado in Illinois.

Ever spent the night stranded at an airport? Yes

Ever gone out of town overnight for a convention or conference? Yes

Have you eaten an artichoke? Yes

Ever eaten a sandwich that had sauerkraut on it? Yes

Ever had a job washing dishes or delivering newspapers? No

Thank you!

Old 03-25-2023, 10:17 PM

12,478 posts, read 2,983,915 times
Sunday's Questions:

Not long.
No.
Yes.
I think so.
Yes, a Ruben.
No.

Thanks, Alaskan Mutt

Old 03-25-2023, 11:11 PM

11,388 posts, read 9,307,678 times
Sunday's Questions:

When traveling, even if only a day trip, have you gotten delayed somewhere due to the weather? - In 2001, an ice storm in NC.

Ever spent the night stranded at an airport? - Never did.

Ever gone out of town overnight for a convention or conference? - Long ago...

Have you eaten an artichoke? - Just what they had from a salad bar.

Ever eaten a sandwich that had sauerkraut on it? - Long, long ago...

Ever had a job washing dishes or delivering newspapers? - No to dishes.

I delivered The Washington Post door to door as a kid for 2-3 years.

Thanks, again!

Old 03-26-2023, 12:03 AM

44,661 posts, read 61,729,772 times
Sunday's Questions:

When traveling, even if only a day trip, have you gotten delayed somewhere due to the weather? Yes a few times due to heavy rain, flooding or snow storms.

Ever spent the night stranded at an airport? Yes in Rio De Janeiro because the flight crew scheduled never showed up for our chartered tour group. Got rescheduled the next day.

Ever gone out of town overnight for a convention or conference? Yes, work related.

Have you eaten an artichoke? Once was enough. Uck.

Ever eaten a sandwich that had sauerkraut on it? Hot dogs, Reubens. Yummy.

Ever had a job washing dishes or delivering newspapers? Both when a teen after school saving up enough money to buy my 1st car, a 1939 Ford.

Rate this post positively

Old 03-26-2023, 02:23 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,403,989 times
Good Morning

When traveling, even if only a day trip, have you gotten delayed somewhere due to the weather? Yes

Ever spent the night stranded at an airport? No

Happy Sunday...

Old 03-26-2023, 05:29 AM

7,253 posts, read 7,102,269 times

Sunday's Questions:

Not significantly.

Thankfully no.

No.

I don't think so.

No

No

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics