Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 07:56 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,001,860 times

Advertisements

Greetings. Not much going on today. So, onto the questions.

Saturday's Questions:

If spending the night in a hotel, do you use the soap and shampoo the hotel provides, or do you bring your own?

Have you used Uber or Lyft to go somewhere?

If going on a picnic with several friends, do you do any of the cooking at the picnic location?

Do you own a picnic basket?

Done any spring cleaning yet?

Well, that's all for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2023, 08:40 PM

14,768 posts, read 8,099,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Saturday's Questions:

If spending the night in a hotel, do you use the soap and shampoo the hotel provides, or do you bring your own?
Yes, I usually use it, but sometimes I bring my own.
Uber
If going on a picnic with several friends, do you do any of the cooking at the picnic location?
Been along time since I did a picnic....usually brought the stuff already made, a couple times we cooked out though long ago.

Not any more.
I have started, but I have a long way to go.

Thanks AM! Hope you are happy and well, and up to your ears in stinky cheese and cheap beer.

Old 04-07-2023, 08:44 PM

3,108 posts, read 1,005,048 times

Yes.
I cook at home and bring food with me there for everybody.
Yes.
Yes.

Thanks. Have a nice weekend.

Old 04-07-2023, 08:49 PM
bjh

60,071 posts, read 30,375,811 times

Saturday's Questions:
Have done both. Either is fine.
Almost used one once, but they wanted three times what a cab would cost so . . .
Have, but not usually.
Nope. Don't stake out picnics at Jellystone park either.
I have done cleaning, but not with the idea that it was because of spring.

Thanks, Mutt.

Old 04-07-2023, 09:11 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,532,479 times
Saturday's Questions:

If spending the night in a hotel, do you use the soap and shampoo the hotel provides, or do you bring your own? Bring my own

Have you used Uber or Lyft to go somewhere? Never have

If going on a picnic with several friends, do you do any of the cooking at the picnic location? Never been on a picnic where you have to cook. Been to cook outs where I cooked though

Do you own a picnic basket? Nope. Step granddaughter "borrowed" it 5 years ago. lol

Done any spring cleaning yet? hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Old 04-07-2023, 09:48 PM

6,858 posts, read 4,853,645 times
I bring my own shampoo and conditioner because there's no telling what the Hotel will have.

I have never ubered or lyfted. Yes, I know - not real words.

Picnic? You mean - eat outside with the bugs? No thank you. Of course I have been to BBQs, and I like BBQd food, but please let me eat it inside.

Spring cleaning? I try to keep things clean enough all the time so that I don't have to devote an entire season to it!

Old 04-07-2023, 10:28 PM

11,365 posts, read 9,278,159 times
Saturday's Questions:

If spending the night in a hotel, do you use the soap and shampoo the hotel provides, or do you bring your own? - The soap, yes, no to the shampoo. I've had problems with certain brands in the past.

Have you used Uber or Lyft to go somewhere? - Me calling them has never happened.

When I had my recent colonoscopy 2.5 years ago I didn't have a ride home and offered to sleep it off in the waiting room. The doctor called and paid for me to get home. They wouldn't let me call a taxi which is what I wanted to do.

Two other times when my brother was in my area, his hotel to a restaurant. He arranged it. I took the train and subway to get to his hotel which was in Virginia.

If going on a picnic with several friends, do you do any of the cooking at the picnic location? - Trying to think when was the last time. It's been many, many years...

Do you own a picnic basket? - Don't.

Done any spring cleaning yet? - I need to as there is a good chance I will be moving this summer...

Thanks, Mutt!

Old 04-07-2023, 10:47 PM

37,797 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Saturday's Questions:

I always bring my own but I use their soap and shampoo, too, as long as their shampoo isn't a shampoo - conditioner combo. Don't use conditioner.

Have you used Uber or Lyft to go somewhere? Never.

If going on a picnic with several friends, do you do any of the cooking at the picnic location? Haven't been on a picnic in at least 10 years but the last time included barbecuing. I don't personally do the barbecuing.

Do you own a picnic basket? Never had one. In fact, except for the movies or TV, I've never seen one. Not even in a store.

Done any spring cleaning yet? Never have cleaned by season.

Old 04-07-2023, 10:59 PM

21,536 posts, read 8,719,477 times
Saturday's Questions:

I usually use the hotel's soap and shampoo, but I'll bring travel-sized shampoo with me in case none is provided, and I'll bring my own face wash because I'd rather not use soap.
Yes, I've used Lyft a few times when taking public transportation wasn't practical and I didn't want to hassle with parking downtown.
No, I bring food that doesn't require cooking.
No, I don't.
Yes, I have been doing some serious housework.

Thanks, Mr. Mutt!

Old 04-07-2023, 11:05 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,596,319 times
.....My own, but I save a few for emergency

Have you used Uber or Lyft to go somewhere?[
. Yes, a few.

rare

....no

.....I don't observe 'spring'

Well, t
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics