Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2023, 02:13 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Today’s Questions:
Today is Mother’s Day in the United States. Do you have any memories of your mother that you’d like to share? Trouble about someone who dies with dementia is you remember less about the "normal" times than the bad times. That being said, one of the best things she did was have me take a pre-law program to see if that was what I really wanted to do. It was.

If you could spend a day doing anything you like, how would you spend it? Playing tennis

What is the most exciting adventure you’ve ever been on? Horseback riding in the ocean in St. Lucia with my wife. Felt like we were on a movie set. Next up, climbing Mt. Lassen to the summit, and halfway up Rainier.

Do you have any irrational fears? Being fired, getting divorced. Both unlikely.

What is something many people like but you consider to be pretentious? Opera, and certain authors.

Today in History:
1796 – Edward Jenner administers the first smallpox inoculation. I thought Washington had his troops inoculated.
1800 – The 6th United States Congress recesses, and the process of moving the Federal government of the United States from Philadelphia to Washington, D.C., begins the following day. Should have stayed in NYC.
1948 – Israel is declared to be an independent state and a provisional government is established. Immediately after the declaration, Israel is attacked by the neighboring Arab states, triggering the 1948 Arab–Israeli War.
1973 – Skylab, the United States' first space station, is launched. On my teen tour that summer out West, where there are fewer lights, I looked intently for Skylab. I doubt I saw it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2023, 03:20 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Today’s Questions:
Today is Mother’s Day in the United States. Do you have any memories of your mother that you’d like to share?
She was always there for me, and always had my back. She wasn't perfect, but she did the best she could.
I did love her, and I miss her even though she has only been gone a short while.

If you could spend a day doing anything you like, how would you spend it?
Well that is how I spend most days!
Theoretically, or imaginary....I would like to walk the places of my ancestors in Germany, Ireland, England Etc. for just a day, in their footsteps.

What is the most exciting adventure you’ve ever been on?
When I was a teen just after high school, right after Christmas, a few days before New Years a friend and I hopped in the car and drove to Utah to see a couple of our friends who had just moved there for school, it was a really neat trip across America and quite an adventure...we were trying to avoid too much snow so we took a long about Southern route and drove through many states (I love road trips!)we arrived New Years Day and stayed a little longer than we expected so ended up having to take the quickest route back home so we had to drive through Colorado and got caught in a blizzard, and there were warnings of avalanches so we ended up staying in a ski resort in Aspen.

Man, I talk too much! Or I guess post too much, lol.

Do you have any irrational fears?
Yeah heights and closed in spaces, although I could argue the 'irrational' part.
What is something many people like but you consider to be pretentious?
Most of society in general nowadays.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 05-14-2023 at 04:36 PM..

Old 05-14-2023, 04:53 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Today’s Questions:
Beach combing then a good meal at a seafood restaurant and a luxurious hotel room.
Truck driving. It was real.
I'm afraid to say.
The new modern narcissists: everything is about them, they think they're famous or should be.

Old 05-14-2023, 10:09 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Today’s Questions:
Today is Mother’s Day in the United States. Do you have any memories of your mother that you’d like to share?
I didn't live with my mother past the age of seven (due to my parents' nasty divorce; it's a long story). I usually only saw her on holidays or for a week or two during the summer. She wasn't there for my first date, school recitals, my graduation or the other milestones of my girlhood. But after I became an adult we became closer. She was a country girl who grew up on a ranch with seven brothers and sisters. She loved cooking, gardening, sewing, embroidery and canning fruits and vegetables. She also had a droll sense of humor and a beautiful smile. I enjoyed spending time with her.
Scuba diving in Hawaii or skiing at Lake Tahoe.
Leaving California a few days after my 19th birthday and moving to New York City.
Yes. Ever since 9/11, I avoid high rise buildings. I'm also afraid of flying because I've watched too many air crash videos.
As others have said, designer clothing, shoes and accessories, especially with attention-getting visible logos.

Thanks to everyone for your answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics