Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 12:12 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,403,989 times

Advertisements

Good Morning

Today's Question(s):
When/how did you get your eating utensils, and do you need/want more or different utensils? I need a new set. Somehow some pieces are missing

Do you have any pottery (including flower pots), glass decorations or vases? Yes

Have you ever casually sung along with others, like on a road trip? It has been a long time--my college friend and I would do that when we were on road trips.Of course at times, the hair brush would be our microphone

Foodie Question(s):
What food or beverages do you think you could tell apart in a taste test? Too early to pull this answer out of my brain.

Where do you keep your spices? In a cabinet

Tell us at least one spice you like and maybe in what dish(es): Italian seasoning in anything italian. Bay leave in soups. Ground mustard in crab soup, mac and cheese

Just to:
What do you have, use or do that isn't "cool" or trendy, but you don't care? Too early to pull this information out of my brain! I do remember several years ago my son's friend, who I hadn't seen in years, came by to pick up something. Later he told my son, "Your parents were always cool"

Happy Thursday. RIP Tina Turner--I will be listening to her tunes in her memory this morning on my commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2023, 03:12 AM

21,580 posts, read 8,753,580 times
Hi, folks. Descriptions, details, or extra information welcome. Let's take a look at . . .

Today's Question(s):
When/how did you get your eating utensils, and do you need/want more or different utensils?
I'm using a set of vintage 1940s silverplate that belonged to my parents.
Do you have any pottery (including flower pots), glass decorations or vases?
Yes, several flower pots in different colors and designs and a few miscellaneous glass, pottery or crystal vases.
Have you ever casually sung along with others, like on a road trip?
Only if I know the people very, very well (because I'm not much of a singer).
Foodie Question(s):
What food or beverages do you think you could tell apart in a taste test?
I think I could distinguish Coca-Cola from Pepsi.
Where do you keep your spices?
In a kitchen cabinet, in two revolving two-tier carousels so I can find the ones I need more easily.
Tell us at least one spice you like and maybe in what dish(es):
I like tarragon or rosemary with chicken, dill with carrots, thyme with green peas and a cinnamon stick in my coffee pot. In spaghetti sauce I like oregano, basil, thyme, fennel seeds and red pepper flakes.
Just to:
What do you have, use or do that isn't "cool" or trendy, but you don't care?
Until they took it off our local PBS station, I used to enjoy Lawrence Welk Show reruns.

Quote:
in the style of e.e cummings: happy thursday
Thank
you for
th e
ques
tions,
b
j
h

Old 05-25-2023, 03:34 AM

9,738 posts, read 14,294,393 times
Today's Question(s):
When/how did you get your eating utensils, and do you need/want more or different utensils?
I bought them in 1959, the year I was married. Some have been added over the years, and I have Way too many!

No pottery, and not much left. I got rid of quite a few of my dust collectors.

No! True Story: Many years ago, my husband and I took a bus trip to Washington, DC with a senior citizen group. What a nightmare! They sang "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" all the way to Washington, and back home. They drove me Crazy! Never again will I take an organized bus trip, anywhere.

Foodie Question(s):
What food or beverages do you think you could tell apart in a taste test? Types of bread, Spaghetti sauce, Coke or Pepsi.

Where do you keep your spices? In a corner cabinet, and I'm slowly getting rid of them. Many were gifts that I never used.

Tell us at least one spice you like and maybe in what dish(es): I really don't like my food covered up with spices, and prefer to taste the natural food. I believe, that a good cook doesn't need to use a lot of spices. I do enjoy cinnamon in my applesauce, though.

Just to:
What do you have, use or do that isn't "cool" or trendy, but you don't care? I still where Clogs and "pedal pushers" and I like what I do. That includes tromping around in mud and gravel, in regard to my job. I like not being a sissy, and I don't care if I'm almost 83!

Thanks for the Q of the Day!

Old 05-25-2023, 05:24 AM

35,265 posts, read 17,141,934 times
Today's Question(s):
When/how did you get your eating utensils, and do you need/want more or different utensils? We bought a set when we married, and since then supplement as our three sets of parents have died.

Do you have any pottery (including flower pots), glass decorations or vases? We have some, not an aficionado.

Have you ever casually sung along with others, like on a road trip? Yes

Foodie Question(s):
What food or beverages do you think you could tell apart in a taste test? Don't know

Where do you keep your spices? Pantry

Tell us at least one spice you like and maybe in what dish(es): Pepper, on grilled steak.

Just to:
What do you have, use or do that isn't "cool" or trendy, but you don't care? Tennis is a declining sport but I play it.

Old 05-25-2023, 05:43 AM

30,605 posts, read 16,285,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Hi, folks. Descriptions, details, or extra information welcome. Let's take a look at . . .

Today's Question(s):

some remnants of sets given to me, some from thrift shops. Got enough of everything.

all my cereal bowls are hand made pottery as is one plate. Bought as souvenirs of trips and some from local craft fairs

I have but tried

Foodie Question(s):

real milk from fake milk

bottom shelf of a cupboard

curry-in chicken salad, sometimes in stirfry

Just to:

not really sure because I don't keep track of what's cool. except I don't think white socks are cool any more but I wear them.

also listen to mostly acoustic music. That is so not trendy.

tha
nks
b
j
h

Old 05-25-2023, 06:16 AM

7,383 posts, read 5,497,401 times

Today's Question(s):
When/how did you get your eating utensils, and do you need/want more or different utensils? I accumulated silverware over the years, bought, aquired at Garage sales, inherited.

Do you have any pottery (including flower pots), glass decorations or vases? A few

Have you ever casually sung along with others, like on a road trip? When I was younger.

Foodie Question(s):

Where do you keep your spices? In a cabinet

Tell us at least one spice you like and maybe in what dish(es): always put garlic powder in everything.

Just to:
What do you have, use or do that isn't "cool" or trendy, but you don't care? I still use my iPod for music.

Thank you!

Old 05-25-2023, 06:48 AM

126,318 posts, read 19,102,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
When/how did you get your eating utensils, and do you need/want more or different utensils? We received as a wedding gift a silver cutlery set in a beautiful pine box to serve 12.I also inherited another set for 24 made in Germany

Do you have any pottery (including flower pots), glass decorations or vases? I have a large selection of big and smaller vases painted pottery and crystal glasses from Germany and Birks

Have you ever casually sung along with others, like on a road trip? Yes we always sing in the car to a variety of songs

Foodie Question(s):
What food or beverages do you think you could tell apart in a taste test? I have an extreme good nose and can smell things easily and therefore I could easily taste drinks and most of the food

Where do you keep your spices? I have mine in containers in the cupboard

Tell us at least one spice you like and maybe in what dish(es): I like cinnamon mixed with honey,cinnamon in Moroccan tangerine dishes,turmerice/coriander/garam masala/curry/carom/cumin/green cardamon/coriander/fennel/chile,/fenugreek,cilantro,ginger and garlic in Indian dishes as well in soups.Marjoram on fried potatoes with black pepper and caraway and some soups and of course for Christmas baking cinnamon,clove/nutmeg/mace/garam masala/green cardamon

Just to:
What do you have, use or do that isn't "cool" or trendy, but you don't care? I clean and polish weekly our shoes,clean windows every three month,when a sock has a hole I use the darning technique and I sill write handwritten letters to family,relatives and friends overseas.To my last surviving old uncle and aunt I still write in Sütterlin handwriting (my father taught me in my childhood how to read and write Sütterlin,I guess he wanted to pass on a legacy from his childhood
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%BCtterlin)

Thank you bjh

Old 05-25-2023, 06:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,109,064 times
Good morning, bjh, and thank you!

When/how did you get your eating utensils, and do you need/want more or different utensils? I bought them on sale, two sets of them, along with a set of the serving thingies, from somewhere, don't remember where now. I think BB and B. This was several years ago and no, I don't need or want more or different ones.

Do you have any pottery (including flower pots), glass decorations or vases? Tons. I collect Polish pottery and have now for several decades.

Have you ever casually sung along with others, like on a road trip? Often!

What food or beverages do you think you could tell apart in a taste test? I could definitely tell the difference between Coca Cola and Pepsi.

Where do you keep your spices? I keep most of them in spice racks on my counter but I keep some in my cabinets.

Tell us at least one spice you like and maybe in what dish(es): I grow herbs and I love to make teas from the herbs out of my garden. Especially the basil and thyme. I also love Ras El Hanout spice blend and I use it mostly on meat.

What do you have, use or do that isn't "cool" or trendy, but you don't care? I am a member of a book club and we often read uncool books but I don't care. LOL

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 05-25-2023 at 07:05 AM..

Old 05-25-2023, 07:47 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,685 posts, read 81,437,637 times
Today's Question(s):
When/how did you get your eating utensils, and do you need/want more or different utensils? We bought them about 20 years ago when we got tired of the old ones. We just went to the store (Macy's I think) and looked at them, picked them up for balance and weight, and chose a set.

Do you have any pottery (including flower pots), glass decorations or vases? Many pots, flower and bonsai that are pottery, and probably a dozen glass vases.

Have you ever casually sung along with others, like on a road trip? All the time, listening to 70s on 7 (Sirius) in the car.

Foodie Question(s):
What food or beverages do you think you could tell apart in a taste test? Probably many of them, I can't say which, but I know it would be harder if my nose was closed.

Where do you keep your spices? In the spice drawer in the kitchen next to the stove.

Tell us at least one spice you like and maybe in what dish(es): I like to put a little Cayenne powder on my salad, cinnamon on toast.

Just to:
What do you have, use or do that isn't "cool" or trendy, but you don't care? Facebook, helps keep in touch with my other old family and friends.

Old 05-25-2023, 09:19 AM

24,524 posts, read 26,071,732 times
Today's Question(s):
Originally hand me down pieces from parents. Did buy some from unknown place.. When MIL passed we inherited 5 complete unused sets plus dinnerware.

We have pottery and vases.

No

Foodie Question(s):
Soft drinks, beer, burgers from different places.

Cupboard next to the stove, the volitive ones are on the counter by the fire extinduisher.

Pepper of courdse, pepper flakes, turmeric, ginger, paisley rosemary sage.

Just to:
We have 2 large gas powered SUV's.

Thanx bjhfor the trendyQ's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics