Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 07:00 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,055 posts, read 30,373,238 times

Advertisements

Hi, folks. Descriptions, details, or extra information welcome. Let's take a look at . . .

Today's Question(s):
When/how did you get your eating utensils, and do you need/want more or different utensils?

Do you have any pottery (including flower pots), glass decorations or vases?

Have you ever casually sung along with others, like on a road trip?

Foodie Question(s):
What food or beverages do you think you could tell apart in a taste test?

Where do you keep your spices?

Tell us at least one spice you like and maybe in what dish(es):

Just to:
What do you have, use or do that isn't "cool" or trendy, but you don't care?

in the style of e.e cummings: happy thursday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2023, 07:28 PM

1,364 posts, read 611,485 times
Hi, folks. Descriptions, details, or extra information welcome. Let's take a look at . . .

Hello

Today's Question(s):
When/how did you get your eating utensils, and do you need/want more or different utensils?

***My wife got them, most likely they were in sale, we have all we need.

***Mostly Spanish pottery, a couple or so glass vases. No glass deco tho.

***Called carpool karaoke these days right? So yes I’ve done that.

Foodie Question(s):

***beer, wine, cheese, key lime pie, baba au rhum, coffee……..

***Clear plastic storage trays wife gets at Homegoods

***Spanish saffron in paella, deviled eggs, rice, some soups. And cumin for Caribbean dishes.

Just to:

***Crocs, not trendy to me cause they help relieve my plantar fasciitis when flares bad.

You too, THX for the QOTD.

Great Thursday people

Old 05-24-2023, 08:01 PM

37,795 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Today's Question(s):
I have a box I bought off Amazon that I haven't opened yet. I've had it almost a year. I like light weight silverware with rounded tablespoons.

Do you have any pottery (including flower pots), glass decorations or vases? No

Have you ever casually sung along with others, like on a road trip? No

Foodie Question(s):
Definitely Coke vs Pepsi. I don't like Pepsi. Those are the type of things I can tell apart: things I don't like vs things I like.

Where do you keep your spices? On the side of the stove.

Tell us at least one spice you like and maybe in what dish(es): Pepper on pretty much everything.

Just to:
You may have seen this coming since I'm always whining about it (no, not GPS this time) but within the next 7 days, I'm ditching my smartphone and going back to a dumbphone. All I want is voice, text, voicemail and a loud alarm clock. I have plenty of cameras. Don't need or want one in a phone. I have a tablet and PC. Don't need or want more Internet access. Don't want a device where you need a magnifying glass to read it or you can't fit everything on a page and lastly I'm sick of hearing about new apps that aren't properly explained or tested and that takes 12 steps to correct their mistakes in programming...and I still use a CD player to listen to music. So there! Oh wait, I forgot about my 28 year old TV that isn't a flat screen but still works. God bless Samsung.

Old 05-24-2023, 08:22 PM

14,768 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Amazon and Macy's are the last places that I bought flatware.

I have some really old silverware that rarely get used.

Just a couple of vases.
Yes, many years ago when we were much younger.
Foodie Question(s):

I need to go buy a spice rack or shelves or something to put them on, because they are kind of
all over the place right now, some on a shelf, some in the pantry, etc.

I probably use pepper, garlic powder and onion powder the most often.

But it depends on what I am making...love Italian seasoning and Herbs De' Provence, Rosemary, Paprika and many more depending on what I am cooking.

Just to:

Probably many things, I don't really care at all what is cool or trendy, I like what I like and go with that.

Thanks for the questions!

Old 05-24-2023, 08:56 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,023,434 times

Today's Question(s):

Oh, they are old. Purchased in Germany when I lived there.

Mexican planters, lead crystal glass - vases and dining/drinking glasses from my home country.

Not really. More when I drive alone. To keep myself company and stay awake. ...

Foodie Question(s):

Probably most of them?

On a DIY spice rack.

Marjoram in meatloaf, Jamaican curry in pork dishes, turmeric in almost everything when it doesn't matter if it turns a little yellow - delicious in rice and bean, Garam masala when I cook Indian, hot chili.

Just to:

I am very direct and don't like small talks, not rude but not always PC. People seem to appreciate it very much. They are tired of the usual BS.

Happy Thursday, everyone!! And thank you, bjh!!

Old 05-24-2023, 09:21 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,593,936 times
Today's Question(s):
..... Mostly acquired many households ago

..... no

...... never

Foodie Question(s):
..... Probly none

...... Original containers, haphazardon shelf

..... Paprika, for chicken/nokedli

Just to:
...... I never carrry a phone out of the house. Call me when I get home.

Old 05-24-2023, 10:06 PM

6,850 posts, read 4,847,655 times
I bought my flatware in 1984. I only remember because they were half price and still very expensive. Still like them, still using them.

I have pottery, some I even made myself. A few crystal vases of various sizes.

Haven't done any singing on a road trip since I was a kid.

Sage on roasted vegetables or in butternut soup.

I wear comfortable shoes.

Old 05-24-2023, 10:09 PM

5,574 posts, read 6,500,449 times

Today's Question(s):
When/how did you get your eating utensils, and do you need/want more or different utensils? I use a brand of silverware that is well known, and purchased in a grocery store 20 years ago when moving from one state to another. IF I need another utensil I will pick it up when I go Estate sale shopping.

Do you have any pottery (including flower pots), glass decorations or vases? Yes. I am a sucker for beautiful breakables, but don't have much room to show them off or store to use. So when I downsized, a couple times, I only kept my favorite pieces.

Have you ever casually sung along with others, like on a road trip? No, I usually travel alone. You don't wanna hear my singing, heck, I don't wanna hear my singing.

Foodie Question(s):
What food or beverages do you think you could tell apart in a taste test? Pepsi vs Coke. Jif Peanut Butter vs Peter Pan.

Where do you keep your spices? In my pantry where they are not convenient to get at. I am currently looking for a spice rack of some sort.

Tell us at least one spice you like and maybe in what dish(es): Cream of Tartar in Snickerdoodle cookies.

Just to:
What do you have, use or do that isn't "cool" or trendy, but you don't care? At my age, and being "old school", probable NOTHING I do, say, wear or feel is trendy, an I don't care.

in the style of e.e cummings: happy thursday Back at ya!

Old 05-24-2023, 10:42 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,790,619 times
Today's Question(s):
My silverware was a Christmas gift but I would have preferred to pick that out for myself. It's ok. I have other cooking utensils that I've had many years, some from the 70's. If it ain't broke.....

Yes I have all three. Just a few things, I don't have room for many decorations. But the stuff I do have I have picked out carefully, it looks random and unintentional. Just the way I like it. I'm fixing to mix it up again with color.

Some of the best times I had in the 70's/80's was riding around with my friends singing at the top of our lungs. I remember one particular time when we were young teenagers 2 of my guy friends and I were having a ball driving around in my one friend's grandfather's half truck(it didn't have a bed)it was a hunk of junk and we were mostly driving on dirt roads with the windows down singing "Gimme Three Steps". We went to the shore, drank some lemonade, and sang more LS songs. Kind of like that song "American Pie". No whiskey and rye, though. Just lemonade. Really.

Foodie Question(s):
All of 'em, I'm a dang exspurt.

The spice cabinet? nah, I don't have one of those. They're in the cabinet above the microwave. My teeny-tiny microwave that sits on the counter. Poor thing is rusting and has been set on fire. Nope, I did not do it.

I like oregano, it's so good in Italian dishes and burgers. I'm not a big spice person, just the usuals.

Just to:
Isn't that a rather personal question? I guess my constant wardrobe of capris and flip-flops. I suppose that's not cool. Or any number of things that I do or say. I'm slowly reaching that idgac stage.

Thanks bjh

Old 05-25-2023, 12:07 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Today's Question(s):
When/how did you get your eating utensils, and do you need/want more or different utensils? When I married my wife she already had a kitchen full of utensils. The ones I had at my place either got donated or stuffed into a drawer somewhere.

Do you have any pottery (including flower pots), glass decorations or vases? Several clay pots with cacti.

Have you ever casually sung along with others, like on a road trip? Only when the kids were wee ones when traveling.

Foodie Question(s):
What food or beverages do you think you could tell apart in a taste test? Most of them especially beer popcorn and peanuts.

Where do you keep your spices? In a cabinet above the stove in a double tiered thingamajingy that rotates.

Tell us at least one spice you like and maybe in what dish(es): Salt/pepper/garlic and whatever else is used in cooking. The chef takes care of that dept. not me.

Just to:
What do you have, use or do that isn't "cool" or trendy, but you don't care? We have everything we need at this stage in life and are not into the latest trendy stuff. Still have our flip phones that rarely get used. What isn't cool are my flip flops that no one sees anyway.

Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics