Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2023, 07:46 AM

35,176 posts, read 17,102,781 times

Advertisements

1. What was your first job? Working at Camp Rainbow, a camp for emotionally disturbed children, in Croton-on-Hudson, New York.

2. What is the most number of hours you have ever worked in a week? 70.

3. Who is the first person you can think of with the name Steve or Steven? My cousin Steve.

4. Do you like any Stevie Wonder songs? Isn't She Lovely, Sir Duke, Living for the City

5. Today is Clint Eastwood's 93rd birthday. Do you like any of his movies? Go ahead and make my day (not sure if that's a movie)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2023, 07:50 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,570,463 times
1. What was your first job? Mowing yards. Most were $3, but I had a big one I where I actually got $6! lol

2. What is the most number of hours you have ever worked in a week? 62. I worked for the highway department and we had a rare blizzard (for our area anyway)

3. Who is the first person you can think of with the name Steve or Steven? A cousin

4. Do you like any Stevie Wonder songs? Some

5. Today is Clint Eastwood's 93rd birthday. Do you like any of his movies? Several

Old 05-31-2023, 08:04 AM

44,652 posts, read 61,699,241 times
1. What was your first job? Delivering newspapers.

2. What is the most number of hours you have ever worked in a week? 65-70.

3. Who is the first person you can think of with the name Steve or Steven? Steve Martin.

4. Do you like any Stevie Wonder songs? A few.

5. Today is Clint Eastwood's 93rd birthday. Do you like any of his movies? 1 or 2.

(Travelin' man will be away for a few days, travelin')

Old 05-31-2023, 08:19 AM

3,135 posts, read 1,028,202 times
Good morning.

1. What was your first job?
Architectural technician.
2. What is the most number of hours you have ever worked in a week?
I'm not sure, I never counted them. Let's see...When I first started working, at 18 yo, we all worked 6 days/week. 5 days - 8 hours/day and on Saturday only 6 hours/day. This was during Communism and it was mandatory for all people. As I mentioned before, in Communism you do what you are told, by force or you go to jail.

At that time for a young person after high school, you would either study (be a student enrolled in University) or work. After the fall of Communism, we worked only 5 days/week. At that time I started to collaborate with a coworker, an architect. He opened a small office, a private office and needed some help. I would work for him usually during weekends (long hours, 8-10/day some times both Saturday and Sunday). So maybe the maximum hours that I worked for money/week was 70 hours. Something like that. Not more than that. Usually less. Never less than 50-55. I used to go to the office much earlier than the rest of my coworkers, just for the extra hour of silence. I worked much faster and was at peace when there was pure silence everywhere in that building. No radio, no talking, no meetings, only silence.

3. Who is the first person you can think of with the name Steve or Steven?
My first landlord when I emigrated here, in the US.
4. Do you like any Stevie Wonder songs?
Sure.
5. Today is Clint Eastwood's 93rd birthday. Do you like any of his movies?
Yes, most of them.

Thanks.

P.S. I don't use private messaging here on the forum. If anyone wants to write me something, they can do it here on this subject, daily. I read this thread every day.

Old 05-31-2023, 08:19 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,642 posts, read 81,368,328 times
Today's questions:

1. What was your first job? Peeling potatoes and clearing tables at a local Fish & Chip shop, at age 14. I actually stayed until I was 19, ending up as head cook the last 4 years.

2. What is the most number of hours you have ever worked in a week? 83 hours, when in college working at a liquor store, making $3/hour, no additional overtime pay. I still have the check stub, $249 before taxes.

3. Who is the first person you can think of with the name Steve or Steven? Steve Harvey

4. Do you like any Stevie Wonder songs? Many of them, but especially "I Just Called to Say I Love You" and "Isn't She Lovely."

5. Today is Clint Eastwood's 93rd birthday. Do you like any of his movies? No, not into old western or battle movies.

Old 05-31-2023, 09:08 AM

27,367 posts, read 27,418,399 times
Most number of hours in a week was driving truck OTR. WE generally worked 70 hrs week.
But that was not all driving. Some of it was still on duty but either getting unloaded or loaded because we're only really allowed to drive 11 hrs day total.
I know of a guy named Steve at work so guess he's the first person to come to mind.
Yes I like a few of Clint Eastwoods movies.
Happy Wednesday~~~

Old 05-31-2023, 09:13 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,064,332 times
Happy Wednesday and last day of May. Today's questions:

1. What was your first job? tutor to two elementary school boys.

2. What is the most number of hours you have ever worked in a week? Don't remember. It wasn't forced. I just rather keep going with something I was working on than pick it up in the morning so I stayed a few hours late.

3. Who is the first person you can think of with the name Steve or Steven? Steve Scalise. Had to go with the first person I knew was Steve because I can never remember who is a Steven or a Stephen.

4. Do you like any Stevie Wonder songs? I don't dislike them but don't like them enough to buy any of them.

5. Today is Clint Eastwood's 93rd birthday. Do you like any of his movies? All of them except the two comedies with an orangutan: Every Which Way But Loose and Any Which Way You Can, the musical Paint Your Wagon and I'd rather eat dirt than see The Bridges of Madison County. Favorite acted Eastwood movies are Magnum Force, Sudden Impact, The Outlaw Josey Wales, The Dead Pool and Where Eagles Dare.

Have a great day! You do the same.

Old 05-31-2023, 09:15 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,813,463 times
[quote=BeerGeek40;65353632]Happy Wednesday and last day of May. Today's questions:

A paper route at age 10.
Maybe around 60.
My friend I've known since we were 10 years old. He died from Covid in 21.
Yes and that was my friends nickname from me.
American Sniper, Sully, Gran Torino are among my favorites.
Have a great day!

Thanks Beer you too. Joe Joe gets a haircut today. That's always a nightmare.

Old 05-31-2023, 10:09 AM

24,510 posts, read 26,051,503 times

Delivering newspapers, 1st 40 hr a week job was warehouse work fo a company that made tool boxes for Sears.

Steve Lodis, our HR manager.

Uptight (Everything's Alright, Isn't She Lovely.

Yes, in both acting and directing.

Have a great day!
Thanx BeerGeek 40.

Old 05-31-2023, 10:34 AM

44,376 posts, read 20,094,272 times

1. What was your first job? Ironing shirts for a neighbor who had a husband and five sons, all of whom wore dress shirts every day for work or school. I was paid $5 per basketful of shirts, which was a fortune to me back then (1960s). My first job for a company was as a file clerk in a real estate office. I was 15.

2. What is the most number of hours you have ever worked in a week? Probably about 100, though that didn't happen often. When I was doing trial work, the last week before a jury trial commenced, we worked 18+ hours a day. It was grueling, but we were so pumped about the case, we didn't mind. The week after a trial I always cut my hours back to 40-50

3. Who is the first person you can think of with the name Steve or Steven? Steven Tyler.

4. Do you like any Stevie Wonder songs? Yes! Including: I Just Called to Say I love You; Superstition; You Are the Sunshine of my Life.

5. Today is Clint Eastwood's 93rd birthday. Do you like any of his movies? Yes! One of my favorites is Gran Torino.

Have a great day! Thanks, BG!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics