Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 01:46 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,807,630 times

Advertisements

Welcome to Questions of the Day for Sunday, August 6, 2023. If your birthday is today, you were born under the sign of Leo. Some notable people born on this date include actresses Lucille Ball and Michelle Yeoh, poet Alfred, Lord Tennyson; scientist and Nobel Laureate Alexander Fleming, gangster Dutch Schultz, actors Robert Mitchum, Dorian Harewood and Leslie Odom, Jr.; artist Andy Warhol and former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell.

Today’s Questions:
When was the last time you bought a product that had a good reputation only to be disappointed in the quality?
About 2 months ago I ordered some towels from Amazon. They fell completely apart as far as fabric dust/strands/whatever the heck it was, go. I opened the washer to put softener in the rinse water and there was large clumps of wet soggy fabric dust, I had to fish it all out. The fuzz balls were all over everything. Worst towels ever. I would not recommend buying towels online.

Name a performer (actor, musician, singer, comedian, etc.) whose performance was so memorable that he or she made you into an instant fan.
Robin Williams when he first appeared on Mork and Mindy. I loved him and I'm still sad that he's gone.

How many people still are still wearing masks in your area?
Every once in a while I'll see someone wearing one but not much.
  • Most
  • Many
  • Some
  • A Few
  • None

What do you think about those new driverless cars?
Nope. No way. I wouldn't trust them at all.

Today is Root Beer Float Day. Have you ever had one? Do you like them?
Yes, we had them all the time in the 70's. I'm not a big root beer fan so I usually made mine with RC Cola.

Quote of the Day:
“People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I’m just trying to hold my gut in.”
- Robert Mitchum
LOL he did have some swagger.

Thank you Bay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2023, 03:10 AM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,458,483 times
Today’s Questions:
When was the last time you bought a product that had a good reputation only to be disappointed in the quality?
I don't remember.
Name a performer (actor, musician, singer, comedian, etc.) whose performance was so memorable that he or she made you into an instant fan.
John Denver
Maybe one in a hundred.
I still think their time has not yet come.
Had. Not a big fan. I like kygman's suggestion of freezing the rootbeer first. I might try that.

Thanks, BA4!

Old 08-07-2023, 06:07 PM

3,168 posts, read 1,037,524 times
Not too long ago.
Robin Williams. RIP.
Only one. A cashier here at the grocery store.
I don't know much about this subject. I read about a few accidents but other than that...I'm not really interested.
Yes. No, I don't.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics