Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2023, 08:31 PM

37,808 posts, read 41,097,858 times

Advertisements

THE QUESTIONS

Howdy. Yup, that's all I've got and by the way, nothing rhymes with October.

Feel free to post a photo or video for any answer.

1) If you have an 8:00A medical appointment in your town or city, for what time do you need to set your alarm clock to have enough time to get ready, do whatever you usually do in the morning and arrive at your appointment on time?

2) If you have any watches, describe the one you wear the most.
Did you purchase it yourself or was it a gift?

3) For as long you have lived in your current town or city, has your town or city ever had a curfew?
What was it for? (examples: bad weather condition, crime-related, war, health-related, vampires , other)

4) Name 5 books, movies, short stories, poems or songs (or any combination of those categories) that has a time (example: one o’clock) or the word “Time” in the title.

Which of the 5 have you seen, read or listened to?
Which one of the 5 do you like the most?

5) What games or sports have you participated in where either as an individual or a team, time figured into your final score and/or setting a record?

6) When is the last time you looked up on your computer or phone the time something, opens, closes, when an event starts, when a plane departs or arrives, when the bad weather starts during the day, etc.)?
Which time-related look-up is the one you do most frequently?

7) Have you ever taken the annual cognitive test (some doctors call them annual wellness check-ups) at your doctor’s office that in addition to answering questions, requires you to draw a clock face with the hands of the clock depicting a particular time?
If yes, do you draw an elaborate one to impress your doctor or nurse with either your artistic skill and/or attention to detail? C'mon, you can tell us.

OTHER

8) Off of the top of your head, do you know whose tombstone says “That’s All Folks” or would you have to look it up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2023, 09:59 PM

35,301 posts, read 17,191,932 times
Howdy. Yup, that's all I've got and by the way, nothing rhymes with October. Thanks for the questions.

Edited to add - Great questions.

1) If you have an 8:00A medical appointment in your town or city, for what time do you need to set your alarm clock to have enough time to get ready, do whatever you usually do in the morning and arrive at your appointment on time? 7:10 a.m.

2) If you have any watches, describe the one you wear the most. The Fitbit
Did you purchase it yourself or was it a gift? Gift

3) For as long you have lived in your current town or city, has your town or city ever had a curfew?
What was it for? (examples: bad weather condition, crime-related, war, health-related, vampires , other) No.

4) Name 5 books, movies, short stories, poems or songs (or any combination of those categories) that has a time (example: one o’clock) or the word “Time” in the title.

1. Wednesday Morning 3 a.m. Simon & Garfunkel 1963
2. Midnight at the Oasis - Maria Mauldaur 1974
3. Time is on my Side - Rolling Stones 1965
4. Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce 1972 or 1973
5. 5:00 a.m. (A Love Song) - Blue Rodeo (not sure on year) a Canadian group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJDDlqoivKc

Which of the 5 have you seen, read or listened to? Listened to all
Which one of the 5 do you like the most? Wednesday Morning 3 a.m. Simon & Garfunkel

5) What games or sports have you participated in where either as an individual or a team, time figured into your final score and/or setting a record? Jogging, miles per minutes

6) When is the last time you looked up on your computer or phone the time something, opens, closes, when an event starts, when a plane departs or arrives, when the bad weather starts during the day, etc.)? This morning for tennis
Which time-related look-up is the one you do most frequently? For court appearances

7) Have you ever taken the annual cognitive test (some doctors call them annual wellness check-ups) at your doctor’s office that in addition to answering questions, requires you to draw a clock face with the hands of the clock depicting a particular time? No
If yes, do you draw an elaborate one to impress your doctor or nurse with either your artistic skill and/or attention to detail? C'mon, you can tell us. n/a

OTHER

8) Off of the top of your head, do you know whose tombstone says “That’s All Folks” or would you have to look it up? I'd have to look it up. I won't spoil this for other participants.

Old 10-01-2023, 10:33 PM

21,598 posts, read 8,767,056 times
THE QUESTIONS

How about "It's October/And I'm not sober?"

1) If you have an 8:00A medical appointment in your town or city, for what time do you need to set your alarm clock to have enough time to get ready, do whatever you usually do in the morning and arrive at your appointment on time?
It depends on where the doctor is located. My primary care physician is 10 minutes away, but I would have to allow at least 30 minutes if the physician is downtown.

I have several watches, but I don't wear any of them. Ever since I broke my left wrist 10 years ago, watches don't feel comfortable anymore. If I need to know what time it is, I look at my smart phone.

What was it for? (examples: bad weather condition, crime-related, war, health-related, vampires , other)
I have lived in San Francisco for nearly 50 years, but I don't remember any curfews.

1. "Till the End of Time" (1946 film)
2. "Time" (song by Pink Floyd)
3. "Time of the Season" (song by the Zombies)
4. "Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo" (1944 film)
5. "It Only Takes a Minute Girl" (song by Tavares)

All of them.

"Time of the Season." Great song.

5) What games or sports have you participated in where either as an individual or a team, time figured into your final score and/or setting a record?
None. I did play on my company's women's softball team, but I wasn't very good.

6) When is the last time you looked up on your computer or phone the time something, opens, closes, when an event starts, when a plane departs or arrives, when the bad weather starts during the day, etc.)?
I checked my calendar to verify the time of an appointment.

Since I don't wear a watch, I check the time several times a day.

7) Have you ever taken the annual cognitive test (some doctors call them annual wellness check-ups) at your doctor’s office that in addition to answering questions, requires you to draw a clock face with the hands of the clock depicting a particular time?
If yes, do you draw an elaborate one to impress your doctor or nurse with either your artistic skill and/or attention to detail? C'mon, you can tell us.
No, I'm familiar with the test, but I've never been asked to take one because at age 74 I'm still tarp as a shack.

OTHER

8) Off of the top of your head, do you know whose tombstone says “That’s All Folks” or would you have to look it up?
Yes, and I have his autobiography, "That's Not All, Folks."

Thanks, LauraC!

Old 10-02-2023, 12:30 AM

11,395 posts, read 9,317,843 times
THE QUESTIONS

Howdy. Yup, that's all I've got and by the way, nothing rhymes with October. - Rocktober?

Let's rock!

1) If you have an 8:00A medical appointment in your town or city, for what time do you need to set your alarm clock to have enough time to get ready, do whatever you usually do in the morning and arrive at your appointment on time? - 6:45 would be the latest. it's only 2.5 miles south of here.

2) If you have any watches, describe the one you wear the most. - Bulova. Black band, gold color. Standard with date and time. It's very nice.

Did you purchase it yourself or was it a gift? - A gift to myself for my last birthday. Regarding that I never bought myself a present before.

- About 8 years ago but I do not think I was here.

Songs off the top:

1. - Time Waits For No One - Rolling Stones

2. - 5 O'clock World - Julian Cope (prefer his version)

3. - 5:15 - The Who

4. - Time - Pink Floyd

5. - Man Out Of Time - Elvis Costello and the Attractions

Which of the 5 have you seen, read or listened to? - All

Which one of the 5 do you like the most? - Tough one! Maybe the first one listed.

5) What games or sports have you participated in where either as an individual or a team, time figured into your final score and/or setting a record? - Basketball in gym class as a kid is all I can think of.

- Yesterday for an out of town street festival I went to on a last minute whim. The outing went surprisingly well and better than expected!

2nd part - Usually the computer.

7) Have you ever taken the annual cognitive test (some doctors call them annual wellness check-ups) at your doctor’s office that in addition to answering questions, requires you to draw a clock face with the hands of the clock depicting a particular time? - Never and not necessary at this time.

OTHER

8) Off of the top of your head, do you know whose tombstone says “That’s All Folks” or would you have to look it up? - I remember the cartoon but can't come up with the person's name.

Thanks, Laura!

Old 10-02-2023, 01:31 AM

12,572 posts, read 2,991,079 times
John is right. Rocktober.

7am

Lavender band, silver face, bought with a gift card.

No curfew.

(Too much work.)

Huh?

When the weather changes.
The actual time.

No test.

Yes, I know.

Thanks, Laura

Old 10-02-2023, 05:19 AM

126,361 posts, read 19,120,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
THE QUESTIONS

1) If you have an 8:00A medical appointment in your town or city, for what time do you need to set your alarm clock to have enough time to get ready, do whatever you usually do in the morning and arrive at your appointment on time?...............5 am

Did you purchase it yourself or was it a gift?................When I go out I wear my golden watch that was a long time ago gift

3) For as long you have lived in your current town or city, has your town or city ever had a curfew? ......................No

1........ Somewhere in Time
2........The Time Machine
3..........The Land before Time
4..........Time After Time
5. .........This Time

Which of the 5 have you seen, read or listened to?........All
Which one of the 5 do you like the most?..........Time After Time

5) What games or sports have you participated in where either as an individual or a team, time figured into your final score and/or setting a record?...........Alpine skiing/Slalom/Downhill,running and 50 km cycling competitions in single and group events

6) When is the last time you looked up on your computer or phone the time something, opens, closes, when an event starts, when a plane departs or arrives, when the bad weather starts during the day, etc.)? ............ Yesterday
Which time-related look-up is the one you do most frequently?............. It depends

7) Have you ever taken the annual cognitive test (some doctors call them annual wellness check-ups) at your doctor’s office that in addition to answering questions, requires you to draw a clock face with the hands of the clock depicting a particular time?..............No

OTHER

8) Off of the top of your head, do you know whose tombstone says “That’s All Folks” or would you have to look it up?.......No idea

Thank you Laura

Old 10-02-2023, 05:56 AM

1,391 posts, read 627,374 times
QUESTIONS

### About 2 hours

### My favorite is my Timex Expedition, comes in handy when traveling as jet lag can be confusing it has a night light feature that is helpful in the middle of the night.

### Weather and health related

1. Time Warp - Rocky Horror Picture Show

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sg-vgGuTD8A

2. Does Anybody Know What Time It Is - Chicago
3. Time After Time - Cindy Lauper
4. Back in Time- Huey Lewis
5. Sunday Morning - Maroon 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Cti12XBw4

## All of them

### 2 and 5

###

### Bad weather status

### Same as above

### Havent

OTHER

### Mel Blanc - Our friend worked at Warner Bros in Mel’s animation dept. He was a beloved boss, used to give his staff the unused still drawings used to animate cartoons, which of course would bring a lot of moolah today. The friend had them all framed and they take up a whole wall in their computer room

### THX for the fun questions LauraC

### Good Monday all

Old 10-02-2023, 07:30 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,175,975 times
Good morning, Laura, and thank you!

1) If you have an 8:00A medical appointment in your town or city, for what time do you need to set your alarm clock to have enough time to get ready, do whatever you usually do in the morning and arrive at your appointment on time? 6 am because I need to sit quietly and drink a couple of cups of coffee first!

2) If you have any watches, describe the one you wear the most. It's connected with my phone and charges that way as well. I can customize the face of it. It's a rose gold and black sort of thingie. It's not overly big but it's bigger than the watches I used to wear.
Did you purchase it yourself or was it a gift? I bought it myself.

3) For as long you have lived in your current town or city, has your town or city ever had a curfew? I think it still does. I think it's 11pm for anyone under aged 18 or something like that.
What was it for? (examples: bad weather condition, crime-related, war, health-related, vampires , other) See above.

1. OK this is sort of cheating, but A Man For All Seasons
2. Somewhere In Time
3. Time Passages
4. It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
5. Rockin' Around The Christmas Clock (also sort of cheating) And that's all I got! LOL

Which of the 5 have you seen, read or listened to? All of the above.
Which one of the 5 do you like the most? A Man For All Seasons (and it's also the first one that came to my mind).

5) What games or sports have you participated in where either as an individual or a team, time figured into your final score and/or setting a record? Game - Boggle, which no one will even play with me because I always win.

6) When is the last time you looked up on your computer or phone the time something, opens, closes, when an event starts, when a plane departs or arrives, when the bad weather starts during the day, etc.)? This morning.
Which time-related look-up is the one you do most frequently? I look at my calendar every morning.

7) Have you ever taken the annual cognitive test (some doctors call them annual wellness check-ups) at your doctor’s office that in addition to answering questions, requires you to draw a clock face with the hands of the clock depicting a particular time? No.
If yes, do you draw an elaborate one to impress your doctor or nurse with either your artistic skill and/or attention to detail? C'mon, you can tell us. N/A.

OTHER

8) Off of the top of your head, do you know whose tombstone says “That’s All Folks” or would you have to look it up? I remember the name and the cartoons!

Old 10-02-2023, 08:17 AM

30,654 posts, read 16,313,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
THE QUESTIONS

wouldn't need to set an alarm. I'd be up anyway. For an appointment that early I'd have to be up at 6:30 so I could feed kitties and scoop poop before I got myself ready.

My favorite was a retirement gift but t needs a new battery and I haven't gotten my self ingear to get one.

nope.

1. If I could Turn Back Time-Cher
2.Time of the Seasons-Zombies
3.the First Time-Roberta Flack
4. Time is on my Side-Stones
5. Sign of the Times-Styles

Which of the 5 have you seen, read or listened to? the 1st 4
depends on my mood, except #3 which I will never listen to.

none

probably yesterday

weather

never took such a test.

OTHER

no idea

thanks, Laura C

Old 10-02-2023, 08:26 AM

7,390 posts, read 5,504,047 times

1) If you have an 8:00A medical appointment in your town or city, for what time do you need to set your alarm clock to have enough time to get ready, do whatever you usually do in the morning and arrive at your appointment on time? About one hour

2) If you have any watches, describe the one you wear the most. I don’t have a watch anymore, just my phone and fit bit.

3) For as long you have lived in your current town or city, has your town or city ever had a curfew? No

1. Time is on my side. Song.
2. Time after time. Song
3. Thank you for your time. Song
4. The land before time. Movie
5. Time traveler. Movie

Which of the 5 have you seen, read or listened to? All
Which one of the 5 do you like the most? The songs

6) When is the last time you looked up on your computer or phone the time something, opens, closes, when an event starts, when a plane departs or arrives, when the bad weather starts during the day, etc.)? Hours for the DMV in my town.

7) Have you ever taken the annual cognitive test (some doctors call them annual wellness check-ups) at your doctor’s office that in addition to answering questions, requires you to draw a clock face with the hands of the clock depicting a particular time? No

OTHER

8) Off of the top of your head, do you know whose tombstone says “That’s All Folks” or would you have to look it up? I had to look it up. Mel Blanc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics