Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 09:59 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

THE QUESTIONS

What are some things you were doing in your life twenty-five years ago (1998)?

In your opinion, what's a song with a stupid lyric or a single line in a song that you think is stupid?

Last thing you bought that cost less than a dollar.

Most people probably buy accessories to match their clothes. Have you ever done the opposite -- bought clothes to match your accessories or shoes?

In your opinion, what's the most boring attraction that you have ever been to and/or what's the most boring tour you have ever been on?

RHYMIN' TIME

Fill in the blank and make the last word of your fill-in rhyme with the underlined word. (example: I like jelly ________________.) (possible answer: because it's not smelly.) Be as funny or clever as you want to be.

1) I drove to the mall ____________________________________.

2) If I had the time ______________________________________.

3) Just stopped to say ______________________________________.

4) Don't be a nag _______________________________________________.

5) I'd like some pie _________________________________________________.

That's all folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2023, 10:26 PM

11,370 posts, read 9,286,148 times
THE QUESTIONS

In your opinion, what's a song with a stupid lyric or a single line in a song that you think is stupid?

Sorry, in the middle of sleep right now...

Last thing you bought that cost less than a dollar. - 30 minutes of parking for a quarter.

Most people probably buy accessories to match their clothes. Have you ever done the opposite -- bought clothes to match your accessories or shoes? - I've asked for help before due to my color blindness.

When I was in Florida visiting my brother in May he was my guide and I bought some very nice clothes that I am happy with.

In your opinion, what's the most boring attraction that you have ever been to and/or what's the most boring tour you have ever been on? - Past lectures...

RHYMIN' TIME

Fill in the blank and make the last word of your fill-in rhyme with the underlined word. (example: I like jelly ________________.) (possible answer: because it's not smelly.) Be as funny or clever as you want to be.

1) I drove to the mall to get a pair of slippers but what they had was too small.

2) If I had the time I'd be an advocate of getting rid of government slime.

3) Just stopped to say for once today is a good day!

4) Don't be a nag because doing so makes you a drag.

5) I'd like some pie first, then I will wash my new tie-dye.

That's all folks.

Thanks, Laura!

Old 10-08-2023, 10:48 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times
THE QUESTIONS

I was married then, and we bought a nice house in 1998. Things were good, sort of.

"slit my throat, it's all I ever", and that's it. It's a very strange song. Red Hot Chili Peppers, "Otherside".

If I say, I'll give away my honey hole. Nope.

Most people probably buy accessories to match their clothes. Have you ever done the opposite -- bought clothes to match your accessories or shoes?
Well yeah, I'm a woman after all.

In your opinion, what's the most boring attraction that you have ever been to and/or what's the most boring tour you have ever been on?
I can't think of anything right now, circuses are pretty boring. I think they went the way of the dinosaurs.

RHYMIN' TIME

1) I drove to the mall ___ to get a big haul._________________________________.

2) If I had the time _I'd spend a dime to make a rhyme. _____________________________________.

3) Just stopped to say _Do you want to play a game of stingray?[/b]_____________________________________.

4) Don't be a nag _you old hag.______________________________________________.

5) I'd like some pie _with my hair dye.________________________________________________.

That's all folks.

Thanks Laura.

Old 10-08-2023, 11:25 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
What are some things you were doing in your life twenty-five years ago (1998)? Traveling overseas.

In your opinion, what's a song with a stupid lyric or a single line in a song that you think is stupid? Grandma got run over by a reindeer.

Last thing you bought that cost less than a dollar. A banana for .49 cents.

Most people probably buy accessories to match their clothes. Have you ever done the opposite -- bought clothes to match your accessories or shoes? No, I don't accessorize, I just buy what I like. .

In your opinion, what's the most boring attraction that you have ever been to and/or what's the most boring tour you have ever been on? Probably a lecture on the fragmentation of the splitting of the atom.

RHYMIN' TIME

1) I drove to the mall to have a ball.

2) If I had the time I'd become a comedic mime..

3) Just stopped to say hey hey hey let's hit the hay.

4) Don't be a nag or else you're a drag.

5) I'd like some pie to share with the apple of my eye.

That's all folks.

Old 10-09-2023, 12:49 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
THE QUESTIONS
Working and traveling.
"'I am'… I said to no one there and no one heard at all not even the chair" by Neil Diamond
Dishonorable mention to "Sussudio" by Phil Collins.
Probably same as wit-nit, a banana or two.
I don't notice or care about matching accessories to clothes.
Going up in a tall building with others who thought it was interesting.

RHYMIN' TIME
Fill in the blank and make the last word of your fill-in rhyme with the underlined word.

1) I drove to the mall to get a beach ball.
2) If I had the time I'd grow trees of lime.
3) Just stopped to say have a good day.
4) Don't be a nag instead be a wag.
5) I'd like some pie before we say goodbye.

That's all folks.
If you say so. How about key lime pie first?

Old 10-09-2023, 04:33 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Good Morning

What are some things you were doing in your life twenty-five years ago (1998)? I was a stay at home Mom with a 9, 11 and 13 years old--very busy.

Last thing you bought that cost less than a dollar. A postcard

In your opinion, what's the most boring attraction that you have ever been to and/or what's the most boring tour you have ever been on? The Road to Hana in Maui. The first two hours were fine--the next bunch of hours was torturous. The tour guide was horribly boring.

RHYMIN' TIME

1) I drove to the mall and had a fall.

2) If I had the time I would make some slime.

3) Just stopped to say let's go play.

4) Don't be a nag or a sleazebag.

5) I'd like some pie then I have to go bye.

Chilly Autumn day...Happy Monday

Old 10-09-2023, 05:08 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
THE QUESTIONS

What are some things you were doing in your life twenty-five years ago (1998)? Youngest child was in high school, playing basketball and baseball, so we were involved in Booster Club. Our business was booming, and we could both still reach our toes. DH was a volunteer fireman and EMT. Life was busy.

In your opinion, what's a song with a stupid lyric or a single line in a song that you think is stupid? I can’t stand that “Ground control to Major Tom”…song.

Last thing you bought that cost less than a dollar. DH bought wall anchors for $.50 at a garage sale.

Most people probably buy accessories to match their clothes. Have you ever done the opposite -- bought clothes to match your accessories or shoes? Not that I recall.

In your opinion, what's the most boring attraction that you have ever been to and/or what's the most boring tour you have ever been on? We went 1000 miles on a bus in GB. Parts were very interesting, but parts were too long on the bus. Stonehenge was quite boring. It sits in a field by a highway.

RHYMIN' TIME

1) I drove to the mall ______in the spring, and the fall._

2) If I had the time ____I’d learn how to mime._

3) Just stopped to say ___hey._

4) Don't be a nag ___I’m aware my boobs sag.

5) I'd like some pie ___I ain’t gonna lie._

That's all folks.

Old 10-09-2023, 05:37 AM

30,531 posts, read 16,226,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
THE QUESTIONS

I'd just taken a new job so learning the ropes there and looking for a place to live.

I can think of songs but blanking out on just one line.

would a parking meter for 25cents count?

nope. I'm not a fashionista.

really can't think of a boring one. I haven't been on that many but no complaints about the ones I have been on.

RHYMIN' TIME

1) I drove to the mall ____and I bought it all.________________________________.

2) If I had the time ____I'd learn to be sublime__________________________________.

3) Just stopped to say _______I'm on my way_______________________________.

4) Don't be a nag ___and hoist the flag____________________________________________.

5) I'd like some pie ___to toss in his eye______________________________________________.

That's all folks.
thanks, Laura.

fun ones!

Old 10-09-2023, 05:40 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,266,863 times
I was 5 years into owning my business, and it was booming!

I'm Bad, I'm Bad......Michael Jackson

A stamp

Most people probably buy accessories to match their clothes. Have you ever done the opposite -- bought clothes to match your accessories or shoes? Yes

Grand Ole Opry House

RHYMIN' TIME

Fill in the blank

1) I drove to the mall and it was very small

2) If I had the time I'd give you a dime

3) Just stopped to say Have a nice day

4) Don't be a nag or your face will sag

5) I'd like some pie and then, GoodBye

That's all folks. BONUS - I Like Egg Yolks, and That's a Joke!

Old 10-09-2023, 06:02 AM

126,280 posts, read 19,053,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
THE QUESTIONS

What are some things you were doing in your life twenty-five years ago (1998)? .....................Working and raising kids

In your opinion, what's a song with a stupid lyric or a single line in a song that you think is stupid?..............No idea

Last thing you bought that cost less than a dollar................ Nothing

Most people probably buy accessories to match their clothes. Have you ever done the opposite -- bought clothes to match your accessories or shoes?...............No

In your opinion, what's the most boring attraction that you have ever been to and/or what's the most boring tour you have ever been on? ........... Don't recall

RHYMIN' TIME

1) I drove to the mall ......when I received a call

2) If I had the time _______I could all day rhyme

3) Just stopped to say _________I have no time to play

4) Don't be a nag ________cause it is a drag

5) I'd like some pie ________for me to try

That's all folks.

Thank you Laura
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics