Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2023, 03:32 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,310,998 times

Advertisements

Happy Wednesday. Today is going to be a random grab bag of questions.

* If you could go back in time and select a different career, what would it be?

* What is your dream automobile?

* Look to your left. What do you see?

* Look to your right. What do you see?

* Fill in the blank. Welcome to the __________

* Fill in the blank. I don't always drink beer, but when I do I _________

* Name the first city-data screen name you can think of (or see) that starts with P.

That's all for today, have a good day folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2023, 04:17 AM

11,382 posts, read 9,299,615 times

* If you could go back in time and select a different career, what would it be? - Something more in the medical field. Spent quite a few years in the field on the admin side and feel I made contributions. Maybe with better and proper upbringing it could have happened...

* What is your dream automobile? - Sigh. I really do not like all the extra stuff that the auto makers are passing along to the consumer. In my view most of it is unnecessary. I could be spending too much time explaining everything and I know it really isn't part of the question.

Maybe an older Honda or Toyota SUV. I'd like to be a little higher up than I am now with my precious and extremely dependable Honda Accord.

* Look to your left. What do you see? - TV, stand, and door to my bathroom.

* Look to your right. What do you see? - Refrigerator, closet, and a laundry basket.

* Fill in the blank. Welcome to the house of loneliness...

I dislike living alone despite doing it most of my life. But better lonely than sorry...

* Fill in the blank. I don't always drink beer, but when I do I must have a good one which means not popular American.

* Name the first city-data screen name you can think of (or see) that starts with P. - Edit, misread as I just woke up...

PJSaturn.

That's all for today, have a good day folks. - Thanks, BeerGeek!

Last edited by John13; 10-18-2023 at 04:27 AM..

Old 10-18-2023, 05:08 AM

1,380 posts, read 619,520 times

### I like finding things, an archeologist searching for ancient ruins in Central and South America would do it for me.

### The one I have now, tho I confess the Land Rover Defender makes my head turn whenever I see one on the road. That’s an incredible, well designed looking vehicle IMO.

### Our rubber plant.

### The kitchen

* Fill in the blank. Welcome to the __jungle by Guns and Roses what came up first in my brain___

* Fill in the blank. I don't always drink beer, but when I do I__drink a nice cold Estrella Galicia 0.0% in a nicely frosted glass. Most companies these days, especially the foreign ones, have perfected the art of alcohol free beer that it’s become hard to tell from the one with alcohol.__

* Name the first city-data screen name you can think of (or see) that starts with P.

### PJ Saturn.

### You, and everyone else too, Mr Geek.

### THX for the QOTD.

Old 10-18-2023, 05:29 AM

126,304 posts, read 19,086,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

* If you could go back in time and select a different career, what would it be?............Förster/forester

* What is your dream automobile?...........None

* Look to your left. What do you see?........... Fireplace

* Look to your right. What do you see?..........Cozy chair

* Fill in the blank. Welcome to the BAKING CLASS

* Fill in the blank. I don't always drink beer, but when I do I ENJOY IT

* Name the first city-data screen name you can think of (or see) that starts with P................Praline

Thank you BeerGeek

Old 10-18-2023, 05:43 AM

30,575 posts, read 16,263,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

painting restorer, or maybe one who restores old needlework

not into new fancy ones. My old 2006 Toyota Matrix is best for me. Even has a sunroof and cd player.

wall with a bulletin board on it

sofa

* Fill in the blank. Welcome to the __ Home of the Hippo________

* Fill in the blank. I don't always drink beer, but when I do I __ I get feeling oogy_______

PJSaturn

Thanks, BeerGeek

Old 10-18-2023, 05:47 AM

50,396 posts, read 64,106,567 times

* If you could go back in time and select a different career, what would it be? I might be a forensic accountant. The orderliness of numbers, plus the hunt for funny business.

* What is your dream automobile? I’d like a big cushy sedan, like a Bentley or Rolls Royce.

* Look to your left. What do you see? Three windows and the back yard.

* Look to your right. What do you see? Hubby in the recliner

* Fill in the blank. Welcome to the jungle

* Fill in the blank. I don't always drink beer, but when I do I am probably eating pizza.

* Name the first city-data screen name you can think of (or see) that starts with P. ?

Old 10-18-2023, 05:54 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,064,332 times

I always thought that if I did my hobby (any hobby) as my job, I wouldn't like it anymore as a hobby. It would become tedious. I liked the analytic part of my career the best, and report writing, so maybe something to do with criminal investigation in an office setting.

* What is your dream automobile? At this time of my life, one that has a front seat that swivels, is low to the ground, still has a CD player, has a trunk, is midsized and runs on gasoline, not electricity. If I was in my 20s, I always wanted a Jeep, like an army type jeep.

* Look to your left. What do you see? A window with blinds closed (still dark out), a battery backup device. my computer is on the floor, as is a port hub, On top of my desk to the left are speakers, 2 external hard drives and a cable box.

* Look to your right. What do you see? Books, lots and lots of books, some movie DVDs. 2 calendars (2023 and 2024), an address book, an almost empty water bottle and a door. On the floor is an unopened box of 16x20 white pro-form boards.

* Fill in the blank. Welcome to the Jungle

* Fill in the blank. I don't always drink beer, but when I do I am probably sitting in the dark in someone else's home and picked up their beer instead of my soda.

* Name the first city-data screen name you can think of (or see) that starts with P. I think everyone is going to say PJSaturn or PAHippo so just to be different, I'll go with pman. Do you ever wonder why people chose their screen name? I'm thinking maybe he's a urologist or a patient of one or maybe he does drug tests for new hires, somewhere. Or, maybe his real name starts with a P and he didn't think "urine" at all when he chose it. Or, even probably it's because he's from Philadelphia.:

Thumbs up x 3.

Old 10-18-2023, 07:19 AM

3,131 posts, read 1,026,750 times
Good morning.

Fashion designer.
Mercedes.
My cat sleeping near me on the sofa.
A small lamp.
* Fill in the blank. Welcome to the countryside!
* Fill in the blank. I don't always drink beer, but when I do I prefer black German beer.
PAhippo.
Thanks. You too.

Old 10-18-2023, 07:43 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,642 posts, read 81,351,757 times
* If you could go back in time and select a different career, what would it be? Classic car restorer

* What is your dream automobile? 1967 Chevelle, Marina Blue, 327 V8 with 300 HP, 4 speed stickshift.

* Look to your left. What do you see? A big plant, and out the window to the cubicles where my staff work.

* Look to your right. What do you see? The water of Elliot Bay, Lumen Field and T-Mobile Park lit up, the lights of West Seattle.

* Fill in the blank. Welcome to the _city_________

* Fill in the blank. I don't always drink beer, but when I do I __it's Blue Moon or a good IPA_______

* Name the first city-data screen name you can think of (or see) that starts with P. PJSaturn of course

Old 10-18-2023, 07:44 AM

7,378 posts, read 5,493,280 times

* If you could go back in time and select a different career, what would it be? Fashion designer.

* What is your dream automobile? A BMV

* Look to your left. What do you see? A throw pillow

* Look to your right. What do you see? My granddog staring at me wanting me to play with him. (I will after I finish this ).

* Fill in the blank. Welcome to the jungle

* Fill in the blank. I don't always drink beer, but when I do I nothing, I don’t drink beer.

* Name the first city-data screen name you can think of (or see) that starts with P. PAHippo

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics