Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2023, 08:27 PM

6,895 posts, read 4,911,914 times

Advertisements

Name three things you think of when you think of the state of california.

Tell us one random thing about yourself. I'll give an example. I do not like pumpkin pie.

I think mimes are more irritating than clowns. Which do you think are more irritating? Or, do you like them?

I received an issue of the Vermont Country Catalog. They have a pink Christmas tree on offer.
Would you put up a pink Christmas tree?

They have pickle ornaments. I have one, do you?

I saw divinity candy in the catalog. My Grandma used to like it. Do you like divinity candy?

They had mallomars. I remember them from my childhood. Have you eaten mallomars?

And there were pfeffernusse cookies. Do you like pfeffernusse cookies?

Have a pleasant Sunday everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2023, 08:42 PM

11,388 posts, read 9,307,678 times
Name three things you think of when you think of the state of california. - Sun, homeless people, Pacific Ocean.

Tell us one random thing about yourself. I'll give an example. I do not like pumpkin pie. - I have trust issues. I'm a loner but really don't want to be...

I think mimes are more irritating than clowns. Which do you think are more irritating? Or, do you like them? - Not my thing.

I received an issue of the Vermont Country Catalog. They have a pink Christmas tree on offer.
- I have never as an adult put up a Christmas tree as I do not celebrate.

They have pickle ornaments. I have one, do you? ^

I saw divinity candy in the catalog. My Grandma used to like it. Do you like divinity candy? - I can't recall ever having.

They had mallomars. I remember them from my childhood. Have you eaten mallomars? - Never had them.

And there were pfeffernusse cookies. Do you like pfeffernusse cookies? - Can't recall but I don't think so.

Have a pleasant Sunday everyone! - Thanks and same!

I'm feeling much better. I missed 2 of the 3 events I had planned for this weekend

Old 11-11-2023, 09:29 PM

21,578 posts, read 8,753,580 times
Name three things you think of when you think of the state of California.
The Golden Gate Bridge, redwood forests, wineries.
Tell us one random thing about yourself. I'll give an example. I do not like pumpkin pie.
I used to play the bassoon.
I think mimes are more irritating than clowns. Which do you think are more irritating? Or, do you like them?
I'm not a big fan of either, but I once saw Marcel Marceau live on stage, and he was amazing.
No, I'm not a fan of pink or of artificial trees. It's not Christmas to me without that sweet, balsamic aroma.
No, I don't.
I saw divinity candy in the catalog. My Grandma used to like it. Do you like divinity candy?
No, I don't.
They had mallomars. I remember them from my childhood. Have you eaten mallomars?
Yes, they are a nostalgic treat for me, too.
They're OK. I always get some for Mr. Bay because his ancestry is Swiss and German. He loves all those traditional treats such as lebkuchen, anise cookies, pfeffernusse and stollen.

Thanks, E-Twist

Old 11-11-2023, 11:02 PM

44,662 posts, read 61,729,772 times
Name three things you think of when you think of the state of California. Earthquakes, lots of people, beautiful coastal highway drive.

Tell us one random thing about yourself. I'll give an example. I do not like pumpkin pie. I like liver. and onions.

I think mimes are more irritating than clowns. Which do you think are more irritating? Or, do you like them? I have no issues with either one.

Would you put up a pink Christmas tree? I like only natural green.

They have pickle ornaments. I have one, do you? No, just carrot ones.

I saw divinity candy in the catalog. My Grandma used to like it. Do you like divinity candy? No.

They had mallomars. I remember them from my childhood. Have you eaten mallomars? Eaten once years ago, did not care for them.

And there were pfeffernusse cookies. Do you like pfeffernusse cookies? No.

Have a pleasant Sunday everyone! u-2

Old 11-11-2023, 11:09 PM

61,916 posts, read 87,450,383 times

Great weather, Hollywood, progressive/environmentally friendly.

I don't like licorice, love to travel, observant and detail oriented.

I don't know any, therefore don't have opinion. Can't say that they irritate me.

No, I am a bit more traditional - want a real tree! No plastic trees or other ornaments in my house. Generally don't like pink, either.

No...

I am not sure that I had any.

Not sure about those either.

Yes!!! Love them, especially covered in dark chocolate!

Thank you, E-Twist! You too

Old 11-11-2023, 11:32 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,078,128 times
Name three things you think of when you think of the state of california. Santa Monica pier, Pacific Coast Highway, traffic (Ask someone in Los Angeles "How far is it to XYZ?" and they will answer with hours, not miles.)

Tell us one random thing about yourself. I'll give an example. I do not like pumpkin pie. When I was a little kid I was afraid of Smokey the Bear.

I think mimes are more irritating than clowns. Which do you think are more irritating? Or, do you like them? I've never seen a mime except on TV or in the movies and when I was little, I always watched Bozo on TV and saw clowns in the circus. At my current age I don't have feelings about either one.

No

They have pickle ornaments. I have one, do you? I don't know what that is.

I saw divinity candy in the catalog. My Grandma used to like it. Do you like divinity candy? I don't know what it is although I did look it up once. I just don't remember..

They had mallomars. I remember them from my childhood. Have you eaten mallomars? Yup, when I was a kid.

And there were pfeffernusse cookies. Do you like pfeffernusse cookies? I've heard of it but don't know what it is.

Why do I feel so dumb right now?

Have a pleasant Sunday everyone! You, too.

Last edited by LauraC; 11-11-2023 at 11:45 PM..

Old 11-12-2023, 12:12 AM

30,604 posts, read 16,285,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Pacific Ocean, high cost of real estate, movie industry

I grew up in western NY and still get annoyed when western NY is referred to as upstate.

not a fan of either really but prefer mimes.

not in this lifetime.

got rid of most of my Christmas stuff a few years ago. We had one as when I was young.

nope

one. That was enough

no.

thanks, etwist.

Old 11-12-2023, 03:36 AM

9,738 posts, read 14,294,393 times
Homeless people, Drugs, Hollywood

I start my day at the crack of dawn and am at my desk working

I don't like either of those

Would you put up a pink Christmas tree? No

They have pickle ornaments. I have one, do you? No

I saw divinity candy in the catalog. My Grandma used to like it. Do you like divinity candy? No

They had mallomars. I remember them from my childhood. Have you eaten mallomars? No

And there were pfeffernusse cookies. Do you like pfeffernusse cookies? No

Thanks, etwist

Old 11-12-2023, 05:43 AM

126,316 posts, read 19,102,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Name three things you think of when you think of the state of california............

Tell us one random thing about yourself. I'll give an example. I do not like pumpkin pie..............I don't eat meat

I think mimes are more irritating than clowns. Which do you think are more irritating? Or, do you like them? ......I don't like either of them

Would you put up a pink Christmas tree? ..........No

They have pickle ornaments. I have one, do you?........No

I saw divinity candy in the catalog. My Grandma used to like it. Do you like divinity candy?....... Don't know what that is

They had mallomars. I remember them from my childhood. Have you eaten mallomars?.......Never heard of it

And there were pfeffernusse cookies. Do you like pfeffernusse cookies?.......Yes I make them at Christmas time

Thank you E-Twist

Old 11-12-2023, 05:53 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,403,989 times
Good Morning

BayArea4
My son who lived in LA
Beautiful landscape

I do not like oysters

They are both odd and creepy!

Would you put up a pink Christmas tree? In the past it would be a hard no, but lately I feel like a being funky.

They have pickle ornaments. I have one, do you? I do not, do I need one?!

I have never had one.

Have not, I do like mallo cups!

Have not had them, had something similar-they look tasty.

Enjoy the day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics