Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2023, 08:54 AM

27,381 posts, read 27,425,580 times

Advertisements

I trust.
Act normal upon winning anything. Keep your mouth shut and keep it hidden somewhere.
Id wait for the light because some counties/states, YOU are not the vicitm if you jaywalk and get hit. You get the ticket.
Thanks for the questions, happy Tuesday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2023, 09:22 AM

44,384 posts, read 20,105,291 times
If you see a wet paint sign, do you touch or trust? I figure it could be wet or dry, depending on how long the sign has been there, but I don't touch it to check.

You've got the winning lottery ticket worth a gazillion dollars. It's Saturday night. Banks are closed, lawyers' offices are closed. What do you do with the ticket? (I don't care if you don't buy tickets, pretend.) I'd probably put it on my kitchen counter until Monday. I live alone, so there's no chance someone else would move it.

You're walking down the street and traffic is light. Your destination is directly across the street. J-walk or go to the corner? I cross at corners. If you go to the corner, do you wait for the light or cross anyway? If there is no traffic and no children around, I'll go ahead and cross on a red light. If children are present, I always wait for the walk signal so as to be a good example.

Do you ever take pills without water? Rarely. The only time I've done this is if I needed an aspirin or ibuprofen and was not near a water source, maybe about once a year.

An old recipe book with comments by the recipes (too much sugar, bake longer, etc.). Trash or treasure? Big treasure! I have a bunch of these, with handwritten notes by my mom, my grandma, my sister and by me as well dating back many decades.

Great questions, little birdie!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-21-2023, 09:31 AM

829 posts, read 454,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsaturn View Post
hello, everyone! A little birdie, who wishes to remain anonymous, sent me some questions to share with you all, so scroll on down to see what the birdie came up with for

today's fun questions!

If you see a wet paint sign, do you touch or trust?

i actually sat on a freshly painted bench, saw the sign after. Oh i touch first now!!!

You've got the winning lottery ticket worth a gazillion dollars. It's saturday night. Banks are closed, lawyers' offices are closed. What do you do with the ticket? (i don't care if you don't buy tickets, pretend.)

sit in my house with the ticket next to me and my shotgun in my hands.

You're walking down the street and traffic is light. Your destination is directly across the street. J-walk or go to the corner? If you go to the corner, do you wait for the light or cross anyway?

worked in manhattan for years. I learned quickly it's either cross walk or possible death

Do you ever take pills without water?

could never do that without water

An old recipe book with comments by the recipes (too much sugar, bake longer, etc.). Trash or treasure?

my wife would shoot me if i trash any of her generational recipies.

**please note, everyone: I will be unable to post the tuesday questions for november 28th and december 5th. I'm hoping someone will step up and post them in my absence. update: I have a volunteer to do the next two tuesday qotd. Thank you!

Old 11-21-2023, 10:19 AM

24,524 posts, read 26,066,514 times
TODAY'S FUN QUESTIONS!

Trust. Gotta ask, when is the last time you saw a wet paint sign?

You've got the winning lottery ticket worth a gazillion dollars. It's Saturday night. Banks are closed, lawyers' offices are closed. What do you do with the ticket? (I don't care if you don't buy tickets, pretend.)
Put in the pocket in my Pad case and call my financial adviser.

You're walking down the street and traffic is light. Your destination is directly across the street. J-walk or go to the corner? If you go to the corner, do you wait for the light or cross anyway?
Flag down a taxi and have him drive to my destination and tip him $20. After all, I just won the lottery. or I would just go to the corner, wait for the light and then cross.

I have a chewable pill I take without water.

An old recipe book with comments by the recipes (too much sugar, bake longer, etc.). Trash or treasure?
A treasure to cherish.

Update: I have a volunteer to do the next two Tuesday QOTD. Thank you!

Thanx Pam for the vacation Q's. Safe travels.
PS Make sure the kitty doesn't get your lotto ticket on the counter.

Old 11-21-2023, 01:05 PM

6,895 posts, read 4,911,914 times
Unless there was some reason to do otherwise, I would trust. Plus, it's pretty easy to tell if the paint is wet just by looking.

I've bought four tickets in the past couple years when the lottery was pushing a billion. Not one number! I wasn't expecting to win, I knew I was just making a donation, but it would have been nice to have gotten at least one number.
I would make a copy of the ticket. Then put in my purse. The first Monday I would put it in my safe deposit box and take the copy to a lawyer. I wouldn't want anyone to know I won. I'm not sure how it works to keep a person anonymous. Probably a company or non profit has to be formed. I've never researched it because I know I won't win.

I am a jay walker if traffic is light and no cops are about. I wouldn't do that if I had children with me, tho. For kids I would model law abiding, safe behavior.

I used to be able to swallow an aspirin or whatever without water, but now I swear they stick part way down. Food doesn't, so maybe it's my imagination.

I have a cook book from a great great Grandmother that I recently had rebound. It has no temperatures. Just hot or medium oven. It has some recipes for rolls I want to try. I am keeping my eyes peeled for a gem pan. Funny how when you aren't looking for something you see them. Decide you need one and poof! Nowhere to be found.

If it were just an old cook book from a used book store or some stranger's estate sale, I would read it to see if I thought it was worth keeping. If it only had one recipe I wanted I would copy it and donate the book.

Old 11-21-2023, 09:57 PM

343 posts, read 230,540 times
If you see a wet paint sign, do you touch or trust? I touch it unless it has fresh paint smell. That sign could've been there for weeks.

You've got the winning lottery ticket worth a gazillion dollars. It's Saturday night. Banks are closed, lawyers' offices are closed. What do you do with the ticket? (I don't care if you don't buy tickets, pretend.) I might leave it next to the computer where I can keep an eye on it (away from all beverages of and cats of course) and just stay awake until banks opened on Monday.

You're walking down the street and traffic is light. Your destination is directly across the street. J-walk or go to the corner? If you go to the corner, do you wait for the light or cross anyway? I usually don't jaywalk unless I'm in a group.

Do you ever take pills without water? Yes if they are small and coated.

An old recipe book with comments by the recipes (too much sugar, bake longer, etc.). Trash or treasure? Absolutely treasure! I have old cookbooks with notations from myself or my father that I want to replace but don't because those tips and tweaks are helpful. Also a little sentimental.

Old 12-01-2023, 11:31 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,454,817 times
I missed this one.
TODAY'S FUN QUESTIONS!
Trust
You've got the winning lottery ticket worth a gazillion dollars. It's Saturday night. Banks are closed, lawyers' offices are closed. What do you do with the ticket? (I don't care if you don't buy tickets, pretend.)
Put it inthe dresser drawer and don't worry about it.
Jay walk. If at the corner, waiting for the light depends on whether traffic is heavy.
Seldom.
Treasure! That's history.

Thanks, Pam.

Old 12-04-2023, 06:30 AM

16,908 posts, read 16,157,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Hello, everyone! A little birdie, who wishes to remain anonymous, sent me some questions to share with you all, so scroll on down to see what the birdie came up with for

TODAY'S FUN QUESTIONS!

**Please note, everyone: I will be unable to post the Tuesday questions for November 28th and December 5th. I'm hoping someone will step up and post them in my absence. Update: I have a volunteer to do the next two Tuesday QOTD. Thank you!

Will you be bringing us back some presents?

Old 12-04-2023, 07:29 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,685 posts, read 81,437,637 times
TODAY'S FUN QUESTIONS!

If you see a wet paint sign, do you touch or trust? I can often tell by looking at it, but then I would test just for fun.

You've got the winning lottery ticket worth a gazillion dollars. It's Saturday night. Banks are closed, lawyers' offices are closed. What do you do with the ticket? (I don't care if you don't buy tickets, pretend.) I can't tell you because it's also where I keep a few hundred in cash, hidden from anyone.

You're walking down the street and traffic is light. Your destination is directly across the street. J-walk or go to the corner? If you go to the corner, do you wait for the light or cross anyway? J-Walk always unless I see a cop around.

Do you ever take pills without water? No, it's bad enough with water sometimes.

An old recipe book with comments by the recipes (too much sugar, bake longer, etc.). Trash or treasure? Treasure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics