Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2023, 11:12 PM

44,378 posts, read 20,097,476 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone! A little birdie, who wishes to remain anonymous, sent me some questions to share with you all, so scroll on down to see what the birdie came up with for

TODAY'S FUN QUESTIONS!

If you see a wet paint sign, do you touch or trust?

You've got the winning lottery ticket worth a gazillion dollars. It's Saturday night. Banks are closed, lawyers' offices are closed. What do you do with the ticket? (I don't care if you don't buy tickets, pretend.)

You're walking down the street and traffic is light. Your destination is directly across the street. J-walk or go to the corner? If you go to the corner, do you wait for the light or cross anyway?

Do you ever take pills without water?

An old recipe book with comments by the recipes (too much sugar, bake longer, etc.). Trash or treasure?

**Please note, everyone: I will be unable to post the Tuesday questions for November 28th and December 5th. I'm hoping someone will step up and post them in my absence. Update: I have a volunteer to do the next two Tuesday QOTD. Thank you!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-21-2023 at 09:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2023, 11:51 PM

21,571 posts, read 8,747,707 times
Hello, everyone! A little birdie, who wishes to remain anonymous, sent me some questions to share with you all, so scroll on down to see what the birdie came up with for

TODAY'S FUN QUESTIONS!

I would trust the sign and keep my curious mitts off of it.
You've got the winning lottery ticket worth a gazillion dollars. It's Saturday night. Banks are closed, lawyers' offices are closed. What do you do with the ticket? (I don't care if you don't buy tickets, pretend.)
I would put it in a desk drawer.
You're walking down the street and traffic is light. Your destination is directly across the street. J-walk or go to the corner? If you go to the corner, do you wait for the light or cross anyway?
I would look both ways to make sure there are no police officers around, then I'd jaywalk.
I've done that on rare occasions when there wasn't any water handy.
An old recipe book with comments by the recipes (too much sugar, bake longer, etc.). Trash or treasure?
Oh, those are definitely treasures. I have all my mother's old recipe boxes and a lot of recipes from my mother-in-law that she wrote by hand or clipped from newspapers. If I try a recipe from one of my own cookbooks, I will sometimes make notes in the margin, but in pencil.

**Please note, everyone: I will be unable to post the Tuesday questions for November 28th and December 5th. I'm hoping someone will step up and post them in my absence.

Thanks, Pam and Little Birdie!

Old 11-21-2023, 12:09 AM

14,810 posts, read 8,139,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S FUN QUESTIONS!

Oh, I would definitely have trust.
Put into the box on my desk or in my purse.
I would probably look in all directions, make sure it's safe and then cross at the corner, and not wait for the light, if there was no traffic. (IF it was really no traffic at all, I would Jay walk if I were here in the suburbs).
No, I can't....I have a hard time taking pills even with water, I wouldn't be able to do it without.
I am not sure. I am always super careful with measurements, so that has not come up.

**Please note, everyone: I will be unable to post the Tuesday questions for November 28th and December 5th. I'm hoping someone will step up and post them in my absence.

Thank you so Much for the questions Pammy and Little bird!
Have a fabulous time on your trip!

Old 11-21-2023, 12:12 AM

44,654 posts, read 61,707,500 times
TODAY'S FUN QUESTIONS!

If you see a wet paint sign, do you touch or trust? Leave it alone.

You've got the winning lottery ticket worth a gazillion dollars. It's Saturday night. Banks are closed, lawyers' offices are closed. What do you do with the ticket? (I don't care if you don't buy tickets, pretend.) Stick it in the desk drawer.

You're walking down the street and traffic is light. Your destination is directly across the street. J-walk or go to the corner? If you go to the corner, do you wait for the light or cross anyway? Depends, super narrow street J walk, regular street go to corner and wait for the light change.

Do you ever take pills without water? Sometimes with milk or juice.

An old recipe book with comments by the recipes (too much sugar, bake longer, etc.). Trash or treasure? I don't have any recipes. Wife cherishes her old ones.

ms pam

Old 11-21-2023, 12:39 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,401,055 times
Good Morning little birdie...

TODAY'S FUN QUESTIONS!

If you see a wet paint sign, do you touch or trust? Trust-not touching it.

You've got the winning lottery ticket worth a gazillion dollars. It's Saturday night. Banks are closed, lawyers' offices are closed. What do you do with the ticket? (I don't care if you don't buy tickets, pretend.) Leave it on my bedroom dresser.

You're walking down the street and traffic is light. Your destination is directly across the street. J-walk or go to the corner? If you go to the corner, do you wait for the light or cross anyway? All depends on many factors. There are some cities you can get a ticket for jaywalking. Major cities--I would go to the corner. If I see no cars coming either way, I would cross.

Treasure

Happy Tuesday...

Old 11-21-2023, 01:09 AM

61,884 posts, read 87,385,514 times

TODAY'S FUN QUESTIONS!

Depends if I need to use the painted surface. Some signs could be old and paint already dry.

I wouldn't want to make any rash decision anyway - put the ticket into my safe at home, then ponder about it for a while assessing my options.

Depends. If traffic is very light, no police in sight, I might just cross the street very quickly. It's not my habit, though.

A very small, single pill - yes. Bunch of them? No. Too big of a chocking hazard

Treasure to consider. The note was made most likely due to cooking experience. I value those notes.

Thank you, Pam. Enjoy your C-D absence

Last edited by elnina; 11-21-2023 at 01:22 AM..

Old 11-21-2023, 02:56 AM

11,383 posts, read 9,302,949 times
TODAY'S FUN QUESTIONS!

If you see a wet paint sign, do you touch or trust? - No reason to touch...

You've got the winning lottery ticket worth a gazillion dollars. It's Saturday night. Banks are closed, lawyers' offices are closed. What do you do with the ticket? (I don't care if you don't buy tickets, pretend.) - Considering I haven't bought one of those in about 10 years I'll have to play along. I never cared for playing the lottery.

I'd call my brother and a couple of friends. Ticket goes into my wallet. As soon as I could I would make a copy of it...

You're walking down the street and traffic is light. Your destination is directly across the street. J-walk or go to the corner? If you go to the corner, do you wait for the light or cross anyway? - This is me everyday as I live in the middle of a big city. I just cross the street where ever. It's a way of life here. The blocks are long and one has to parallel park.

Do you ever take pills without water? - I can't recall ever doing that.

An old recipe book with comments by the recipes (too much sugar, bake longer, etc.). Trash or treasure? - No chance I'd come across something like that. As picky of an eater as I am and I always cook for one, if found I highly doubt I'd use the book.

Thanks Mr./Ms. Anonymous and Pam for posting the QOTD!

Old 11-21-2023, 04:59 AM

9,733 posts, read 14,288,755 times
Trust

True Story: My husband was a "seasoned" lottery player/winner. 2 days after my husband passed, I stopped at a local convenience store for a newspaper. The clerk gave me his condolences, and said: "did you know your husband had a winning lottery ticket dated the day he died??? You'd better start looking for it". It took me 2 days, but I found the winning $2,500 ticket in my car, and in the side pocket of the passenger door. So....Answer: I'd hide a winning ticket where he hid his.

At my age, I don't take chances, so I'd wait for the go-ahead.

Do you ever take pills without water? No

An old recipe book with comments by the recipes (too much sugar, bake longer, etc.). Trash or treasure? Treasure

Thanks, Pam

Old 11-21-2023, 05:18 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times

TODAY'S FUN QUESTIONS!

trust

You've got the winning lottery ticket worth a gazillion dollars. It's Saturday night. Banks are closed, lawyers' offices are closed. What do you do with the ticket? (I don't care if you don't buy tickets, pretend.) Don't live with anyone. Since I haven't claimed the money yet, no one knows I have the winning ticket nor would they expect me to have it since I never play the lottery. I put it in a linen closet pillow case, see a financial advisor on Monday, tell him I want to give 95% of it to my sister and ask him the best way to do that, then go home and get the ticket and claim the money.

You're walking down the street and traffic is light. Your destination is directly across the street. J-walk or go to the corner? If you go to the corner, do you wait for the light or cross anyway? Haven't walked down any street in over 20 years, because there are parking lots but for your example I would walk to the corner to cross because I walk very slowly.

Do you ever take pills without water? In my car, I do. But mostly I take about 7 pills at once with a sip of water.

An old recipe book with comments by the recipes (too much sugar, bake longer, etc.). Trash or treasure? It depends. It's not Top 50 Recipes For Lima Beans, is it? Like buying a lottery ticket or walking down some street, having a recipe book is not me so it would mean someone accidently left it here when they went home. I'd call them to come and get it. Second choice would be to ask anyone if they wanted it. Then, I would throw it out if no one wanted it.

Old 11-21-2023, 05:41 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times
I would look both ways to make sure there are no police officers around, then I'd jaywalk.

I think California passed a law allowing you to jaywalk at the very beginning of this year. It was in the same set of laws with the one on prostitution. I only know this because I tease some Californians that jaywalking is a quicker way for hookers to get to the johns in cars on the other side of the street. You don't have to worry about the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics