Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2008, 11:20 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,855 times

Advertisements

When you have been with someone a long time some times it takes a lot to sober up from daily things and set you back a bit.

Like it was nothing to her she asked me if I would mind bringing something in from her car Sat night, I went out and found an original poster from the 1930's in a very nice frame, a poster from the release of the movie " The Wizard Of OZ ". She had not mentioned someone from work was retiring and had not talked about all the thought that went into getting this women a gift. When I think I know all there is about her she shows me a side I had not seen or foresaw. I hear about the womens faults and what she wore that day but not about the bond they deny. I am glad for something much more than the kids and I, something under the radar. Shes more than I had bargined for and lets on to be, shes a true friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 01:49 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
I love the friendship DH and I share. There are times he just makes me smile and glow all over. Just by being there.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:03 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
When does your S.O. get your attention?

When I hear that certain “tone” in her voice, I know then that I’m in trouble. Why do I hear it so often is amazing to me however ~ guess she keeps me around because I’m trained pretty well at knowing when to fetch.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:30 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,071,873 times
When does your S.O. get your attention ?

When she's nekid, I need a good laugh.....

Old 06-16-2008, 05:27 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,855 times
lol....I just watched everyone loves raymond....The father said when they were young he just wanted her for sex....but that was a long time ago...lol

Old 06-16-2008, 06:27 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

When I hear that certain “tone” in her voice, I know then that I’m in trouble. Why do I hear it so often is amazing to me however ~ guess she keeps me around because I’m trained pretty well at knowing when to fetch.
Gotta be careful Aksarben, pretty soon she'll have you trained to watch soap operas on TV, girlie movies, Oprah... what's her name, and to go to your room when told!

Old 06-16-2008, 09:46 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Default When does your S.O. get your attention?

When I realize she has a baseball bat in her hand, she gets my full attention. or if she's naked.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:39 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,449,708 times
Default Ah, but my sweetie STILL does it for me. . .

Sometimes, when we are out, most often in a crowd of people, I will catch a glimpse of him across the room, and still feel my heart skip a beat, and then I just feel this warm rush. I know it still has to be love -- I'm not back in diapers yet.

He got my attention all those years ago, in college, when I met him and thought, 'oh, my! but this boy is soooooo cute.' Turned out, he was nice, too, and actually, he was a young man, seven years my senior, and I loved listening to his stories of having been around the world. I still enjoy those stories -- even when I get drifts of the pieces he left out, the time or two before -- and he's still soooooo cute to me, even with silver wisps in his hair and mustache.

Still, some of the more bizarre things he does that get my attention have to do with his proclivity towards mixing weird foods together. Pickles from the pickle jar in the fridge with his cubed cheese, topping his cubed cheese with whipped cream, topping his whipped cream with grated cheese. He approached a fellow who made the ice cream he sold at his little stand on the beach about making some cheese ice cream for him, and while the guy was more than happy to do it, we didn't know how, or where, we'd keep the amount he'd have to make to accommodate hubby's request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics