Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2008, 09:03 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times

Advertisements

Do you have any old cell phones around the house or office working or not? Someone can use them! Two kids put together a plan that works very well by getting old phones out of the drawers, boxes, and landfills and into a recycle program that will pay off in long distance minutes for our servicemen and women to call home free. It’s a win-win program for everyone.

You can drop off the cell phones at At&t phone stores or stop by the link below and you can print a pre-paid shipping label to send your phone.

Welcome to Cell Phones for Soldiers! (http://www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com/about.html - broken link)

This is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization that has raised almost $1 million in donations and distributed more than 400,000 prepaid calling cards to soldiers serving overseas. Robbie and Brittany Bergquist of Norwell, Mass are special kids who found a need and did something about it. How about those old phones you have, can you help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 11:03 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,048 times
Wow, that is something! I wish i still had one to give, but our town had a cell phone collection for Women's Resources for emergencies, and that's where ours went. They are programmed to dial only 911 when needed for battered women. I'll ask around to friends and family though - maybe somebody I know has one.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:36 PM

Thumbs up poconoproud

That’s another great place to use the unneeded secondhand phones. We have the same thing here in our county. The important thing is that they don’t just sit in a drawer or box in the basement going unused. There are too many good things that can be done with them.

Now if they could just figure out what to do with old PCs?

Old 06-19-2008, 09:58 PM

1,252 posts, read 2,645,798 times
I hope nobody has a hang up like being cellfish regarding this story since it got wide coverage and it clicks. It's got people talking. It's the Singular best story I've ever seen in Sprint. These kids sure can Verizon shine. They've found their true calling. Remember, every minute counts. Makes you wonder what's Nextel?

Old 06-20-2008, 05:33 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
I saw this story on TV last week and it is a great idea..So far I have found two cell phones and I know there is another somewhere around the house and I definitely plan to take them to out AT&T store, along with any I can scrounge off of friends and relatives..Thanks Aksarben for bringing this very humane matter up..

Old 06-20-2008, 06:02 PM

Thanks blue,,,, don’t forget that you can also go to the link and print a pre paid label that will allow you to ship cell phones to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics