U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 02:28 AM

98 posts, read 362,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frbenson View Post
akm4 - What are the eligibility requirements for joining the farm bureau? When I retire I will, in all probability, be living in a rural area (in or around Livingston), but not doing any farming, other than growing a vegetable garden, and keeping a few chickens and rabbits.

Frank
I like your (in or around Livingston) great little rural city and so close to the hospital and shopping area of Cookeville. As for the eligibility requirements for joining the Farm Bureau - I pay a once a year fee of $20.00 and I have a house and lot. Lots of people have their home owners, car and health insurance through them. I only have house and cars.
I can see you now meeting each morning in Livingston at Hardee's drinking coffee with the other retirees qnd talking about your garden, chickens and rabbits.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2007, 10:13 AM

1,775 posts, read 7,579,940 times
FRBENSON,

Working in the medical insurance department of a doctors office, i can tell you that In-network means that your doctor is contracted with BCBS to recieve what BCBS has agreed to pay him/her and you just pay your copayment or 20% (depending on the type of plan you have). Out of network providers mean they are not contracted with BCBS which is why your insurance will only pay 60% of the bill and you probably end up paying the rest. So your best bet is to find a doctor who is In Network. You can find a provider on the BCBS web site or if you call an office and ask, I would recommend you ask someone who works in the insurance department who is familiar with the types of insurances the providers are contracted with.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:06 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,147,921 times
It probably means that once your deductible is met they'll cover 100% up to the maximum lifetime of the policy.

Your not numb, it's just different terminology that is being used. Trust me, when I go to the mechanics and he tells me the problem...I just nod my head as if I actually understand, and ask "how much is that gonna cost?"

My advice is to get someone from BC/BS on the phone who's willing to talk with you and review the details of the policy. If you don't like the person on the other end of the phone, hang up and call right back! You're bound to get someone nice eventually.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:30 AM

4 posts, read 19,176 times
Default USA alabama,new york , hawali, ohio blue cross blue shield

Thanks for giving such a use ful information..

I have also found this ...
Health Insurance Quote -Health N Insurance
Dental Insurance - Dental Insurance Quote

This is also very usefull

Avin Techno

Old 09-10-2007, 12:52 PM

3,099 posts, read 8,578,203 times
Coinsurance: If you happen to have another insurance policy that covers you.

Okay, my husband and I have BC/BS.

I also am covered under Medicare due to SSDI even tho I am only 53.

My primary insurance is BC/BS. So all insurance gets filed there first. Then the claim is filed with Medicare. Medicare pays their portion. In my case, after Feb/Mar, I usually do not have a co-pay.

My husband however, always has his co-pay.

I am considered to have a co-insurance. Once I turn 65, all my claims will be filed with Medicare first then BC/BS. My husband is younger so he will still be working.

Other than having the billing people in offices occasionally turn them around and file Medicare as primary, I have had no problems. Liz

Old 09-10-2007, 08:47 PM

256 posts, read 774,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
Coinsurance: If you happen to have another insurance policy that covers you.

I am considered to have a co-insurance. Once I turn 65, all my claims will be filed with Medicare first then BC/BS.
TriDad's description of health plan coinsurance is accurate. What Liz is describing is actually coordination of benefits, since she has a primary and secondary insurer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics