Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 06:52 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,674,449 times

Advertisements

I have called into radio shows and won, dinner several times, 25 CDs and a John Deere lawnmower. I'm relative lucky. I'm not as lucky as the girl who told me her baby was the prize for taking a chance on an Indian Blanket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 08:08 PM

27,343 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Well, this is a no-contest, so to speak and the answer is... it's not really a contest that I entered but a competition. I won 2nd place in the high-power rifle silhouette competition 19 years ago in 1989 and I still have the target rifle that I used in the competition.

Livewire, you won shooting pool, and I won in shooting metalic silhouettes... how about that, it's another we have in common, we both won something in a shooting match!

Livewire mentioned PCH - The only PCH that I know is the Pacific Coast Highway.. but I knew all about Publishers Clearing House's methods over 25 years ago, which were to make people believe, if they entered their contests, they'd win millions of dollars. Some people would enter and not many realized that the marketing firm that sent them the entry forms, just wanted to get your name and address so they, and other marketing firms, can send you junk mail. No thank you, I never participated in those kinds of contests.
Actially they did subscribe off and on throughout the years, and the year they won, they hadnt subscribed in the 2 previous years. They were even on tv and a couple of talk shows letting us all know they didnt 'have' to subscribe.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:22 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
Not usually but I entered two this summer and won both. I won a gas grill from a TV station and four tickets for free admission to an amusement park from a radio station.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:24 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,961,017 times
Todays Question:

Do you enter contests?

on occasion

Extra Credit Question:

What is the weirdest/ most unusual contest you have ever entered ?

a hamburger-eating contest

Bonus Question:
Have you ever won anything in a contest ?

a stomach virus, LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics