Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 06:07 PM

859 posts, read 3,321,965 times

Advertisements

With tomorrow being 9/11, please take a just a minute from your busy schedule to have a moment of silence for the almost 3,000 people who lost their lives that day.

For those closely effected by the tragedy, it never gets any easier. I was once told by a rude person who lived very far from the tragedy, that they "didn't care about 9/11 b/c it was so far away and didn't effect them". That was probably the most horrible thing I have ever heard and completely untrue.

For this was not a NYC, PA, DC tragedy...it effected us all as Americans. And although some outside the area may not have lost someone personally, we have all lost someone before and can related to the pain of losing someone we love. Imagine if every year you had a media circus replaying your pain over and over again. The victims and their families need our prayers and our throughts every year. Please do not forget them.

God bless NYC, America and all those killed, hurt or effected by that day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 06:12 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
Like it or not, this terrible and horrific tragedy affected each and every one of us around the world.

My thoughts are with those who lost loved ones on 9/11 and to the soldiers, civilians and their families who have also suffered since, defending freedom.

God Bless

Old 09-10-2007, 06:16 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,155,037 times
I'll say a little prayer in the morning for all who lost their life that awful day...

Old 09-10-2007, 06:32 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
I just posted this under the New York/New York City forums.

I live across the country in Phoenix, but as we approach the 6th anniversary of the September 11th tragedy, which affected our entire nation, I'd like to remind all of the people of New York City that we will also remember those who were lost in the World Trade Center, in the Pentagon, and in Pennsylvania on that day six years ago. I know September 11th, 2001 is a day that will forever be embedded in the mids of our generation, and all future generations. September 11th is a day all of us wish never happened, but we know as a nation, God helped us regain our strength and prove to the world that we won't let a catastrophe like the September 11th attacks stop us from being a nation that is strong, united, and ready to accept all the challenges that we may face, and defend our nation against those who threaten to tear down the basic principles of freedom our nation was founded on.

God Bless America, as we remember those who were lost on that day.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:35 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,616 times
I get off at the World Trade Center every morning so I think about it every day. A very sad place.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:39 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
With tomorrow being 9/11, please take a just a minute from your busy schedule to have a moment of silence for the almost 3,000 people who lost their lives that day.

For those closely effected by the tragedy, it never gets any easier. I was once told by a rude person who lived very far from the tragedy, that they "didn't care about 9/11 b/c it was so far away and didn't effect them". That was probably the most horrible thing I have ever heard and completely untrue.

For this was not a NYC, PA, DC tragedy...it effected us all as Americans. And although some outside the area may not have lost someone personally, we have all lost someone before and can related to the pain of losing someone we love. Imagine if every year you had a media circus replaying your pain over and over again. The victims and their families need our prayers and our throughts every year. Please do not forget them.

God bless NYC, America and all those killed, hurt or effected by that day.

Thanks for the post Sunshine, we will never forget, I don't know who that person was that said that to you, but they don't represent the majority of us. I was living in Michigan at the time and was very devastated, me and my mom would go to lunch in the months following and just could not get into a good mood, we couldn't even laugh for months. I was severly depressed for a while. I wish everyone in this country could live together everyday like it was the day or week after, I don't mean reliving the pain, but reliving the togetherness and the forgivingness and the love for each other. I will never ever forget that horrible day.

Great post also Magnum

Old 09-10-2007, 06:50 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,515,675 times
Two of my highschool friends were firefighters in NY, one aboard Engine 33 and another on Ladder 121. My neighbor as I grew up in NYC as a child was a police officer. He also lost his life that day. Not that I dont believe 9-11 has an impact on all americans, it expecially lives with us New Yorkers, even if we now live hours from home.

Thank You LittleMissSunshine for the kind words.

God Bless our fallen brothers and hero's.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:26 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times
Septemer 11, 2001 Always Remember, Never Forget

God bless all those who died and those who died trying to save them.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:47 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
I am joining the millions of Americans who will offer prayers for the families of the victims of this senseless act of terror..I will stand in silence also with millions of Americans who will offer a respectful moment of silence..I will ask Gods protection and blessings on the young men and women of this nation who are giving their lives daily to prevent this from happening again, and will pray for closure to the families of the men and women who will never see this land again. My tears will join the millions of tears that will be humbly shed tomorrow..May we all raise our voice as one tomorrow in one strong voice...God Bless America!!

Old 09-10-2007, 07:52 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,010 times
Yes, I will say a few prayers tomorrow. I will "Never Forget".

My husband worked with a woman who was on the plane that flew into the Pentagon. She was a wife and mother of young children. She was on her way home to California from DC after getting a company patent approved. We think of her and her family often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics