Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:03 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Monday and Happy Columbus Day
I hope everyone had a great weekend, though some of our loyal poster may have today off so they are still in weekend mode

So now that everyone is well rested, there will be plenty of energy for some random

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you could be heard proclaiming "Well it sounded like a good idea" ?
(inquiring minds are going to want details)

Extra credit Question:

What is one thing you really don’t like sharing?

Bonus Question:

What color is your birthstone?

Did you know or did you have to look it up ?

Today in History:
October 13, 1792 1st Old Farmer's Almanac is published
October 13, 1792 Washington lays cornerstone of Executive Mansion (White House)
October 13, 1884 Greenwich established as universal time meridian of longitude
October 13, 1903 Victor Herbert's "Babes in Toyland," premieres in New York City

Word of the Day:
sobriquet
\SO-brih-kay; -ket; so-brih-KAY; -KET\, noun:
A nickname; an assumed name; an epithet.

Today is:
National Yorkshire Pudding Day- Until a few years ago I always thought this was a "pudding" Not the delicious pop-over type of bread thing it really is.
It is also
National Skeptics Day
National It's Train Your Brain Day !!
and here is a very special day
National Ignore your Nosy Neighbor Day !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 06:15 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Hmmmm...I'd have to say it was when Sweden and I hiked in northern Finland starting at 6:00 PM and getting trapped in a downpour in the mountains all the way back. It sounded like a good idea but it was about miserable getting back.

I don't like sharing my mail box with my kids. They never clean out their mail...yet are to lazy to get their own box.

I think my birthstone (sept) is a light purple...but I'm not positive.

Last edited by Rance; 10-13-2008 at 06:48 AM..

Old 10-13-2008, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I think my birthstone (sept) is a light purple...but I'm not positive.
rance your Birthstone (sapphire) is one of my favorites

Old 10-13-2008, 06:24 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
When was the last time you could be heard proclaiming "Well it sounded like a good idea" ?
heh
Friday when I decided to take Elwood at the beach, even though the clouds were threatening. The threat turned into rain. It really wasn't worth all the hassle.
But it seemed like a good idea at the time...

A toothbrush.

The color is sort of rainbowish--opalescent.
Opal--I didn't have to look it up. I love opals.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:27 AM

534 posts, read 1,594,727 times
Today's Question(s):

Moving to Vegas. 10 years ago hubby decided to try out for the Police Department. He made it far enough in the testing that he was told to make the move. So we packed up and drove out(my parents came with to help).
The day after we got there and upacked everything, my parents left and I had a breakdown. Hubby didn't like it either. So we rented a truck, packed everything back up(2 days after we got there)and called my parents to tell them we were coming home. They said to wait, they were flying out and would rent a car and drive home with us. We were in Wisconsin to tell you how long the drive was.
It all sounded like a great idea at the time. Funny thing is we love to visit there and had been there a couple of times already at the time of the move. We now have been there over 10 times. We go every year on our anniversary. One year we went 3 times. Great place to visit, live..notsomuch..at least for us.

Extra credit Question:

Money

Bonus Question:

Diamond

Nope

Old 10-13-2008, 06:30 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,012 times
National Skeptics Day? I don't know if I believe that!

Old 10-13-2008, 06:37 AM

ok before I get started on today's projects

Today's Question(s):

lol because I get a lot of wacky ideas this is a long list.
Most recent would have to be yesterday when for some reason I thought using the rototiller would be quicker to clear out a weedy area than just using a shovel. Little did I realize that the rototiller would chop the darn things into little pieces I would then have to dig out of the dirt.
Not to mention the work out my arms got from guiding the rototiller

Extra credit Question:

This would have to be really good chocolate !! mr karla thinks it all tastes the same so .......

another would be Real Bagels !!!! should I happen to have any I am not to "keen" on sharing these

When my niece and nephew were little I would never share my drink with them lol to this day they will say "can I have a sip of your soda I promise I won't leave "backwash"

Bonus Question:

Mine is Opal so there is a range of colors depending on the stone my favorite is real black opals that have wonderful blues and greens

I am a jewelry nut so.....

though I actually have more jewelery containing the September birthstones than mine

Old 10-13-2008, 06:44 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Morning all.

Probably soon after we moved here from NJ. It did seem like a good idea at the time!

I'm a sharer.

Birthstone-diamond.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:46 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
Taking chocolate to DIL....in the summer....on the motorcycle.

My DIL loves dark chocolate, so when we made the silly decision to ride the bike from Orlando to Fayetteville, NC we figured we'd just take the chocolate we had bought her with us. Did I mention it was summer? Anybody know how hot the pipes get? So not only did we put it in the saddlebags...we put them in the BOTTOM of the saddlebags. Then wondered why we had a chocolate puddle in the bottom of the bag. It took be awhile to get it cleaned out.

Extra credit Question:

What is one thing you really don’t like sharing? Anything involving Chocolate.
Bonus Question:

What color is your birthstone? Aquamarine!

Old 10-13-2008, 07:01 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,672,964 times

Two years ago I turned down SS Disability because I thought I found a job I could do. A year later I was in the hospital having back surgery. That was followed by a heart attack and bypass surgery. In their wisdom the SS Administration now thinks I'm in better shape than I was 2 years ago and turned down my SSD claim. Fortunately I had planned on retiring early and I'm doing very well but I'm sure I could have found something to do with the $700.00 a month the refusal is costing me. Maybe I could have stopped the financial crisis

With who? I'd share anything with my wife. She doesn't like sharing my underwear. Complains that they are too big

I have never been stoned on my birthday, or any other day for that matter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics